Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Moody said:

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Active-/vx8i-nprf/data

CONDUCTOR 6601.

I don't see the list published on thechiefleader website. But  if you type in the search box with your last name you can see yourself on the list. I just checked for a friend of mine. FEB 14 was when it was released to the nyc data website.  You can also see other exams that you are on, but only if the list is published. 

Thanks for this info. Atleast people will get a sense of where they stand.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Schecter said:

My list number is 1,461 is that bad 

Not at all.  I don't know how big conductor classes are. But consider this. Some people will fail the drug test, miss the pre employment call in, they moved and need to be put back or simply not ready.  They could fail the class too whatever it is.  This is a good number. Doesn't feel rushed.

Just a related update. I received a letter in the mail yesterday directing me to come in for paper work and a drug test this week for STATION AGENT.

Still waiting for my call in for conductor since taking the OPA in October. 

Side note: I completely forgot I took the test for station agent. 

10 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Wow thanks for the link @Moody! I'm in the low 400's not bad! More anxious to find out how i did on the OPA though, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. 

So happy that 8094 finally expired.  

No problem :) I knew about this website a long time ago. I think I posted it before. I check for myself every month where I am on the exams. I'm waiting for results for bus and train operator exams I took last year. 

6 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

How do they establish your list number? By that I mean, how do they distinguish among the hundreds or thousands of people who achieved the same adjusted score on the exam?

They use your social security number. I forgot which digit they use as the tie breaker, but they go by that.

Sidenote, they weren't lying when they said they had a high number of applicants. Some of those scores are crazy.

3 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

Hey you never know. On the list 8094 they were calling people at # 10,000.

Yeah but with the amount of people that took it this time. I scored way better but I’m even higher on the list. It’s crazy. Better luck next time. If you didn’t score a 95 or better then you may have little to no chance.

1 minute ago, Crozay said:

Yeah but with the amount of people that took it this time. I scored way better but I’m even higher on the list. It’s crazy. Better luck next time. If you didn’t score a 95 or better then you may have little to no chance.

Hey people was out with drug test or back ground. Hey some people probably even moved and never updated info. They will never get in.

its been a long wait, my official list number is better than 120. crazy huh.

though i was already hired for another title a few months ago, so thats one extra position for you guys lol

question 1: if this list is "established", does that mean i also passed the OPA? or will that list be modified as results start coming in

question 2: once they call me for Conductor, can i ask them to skip me in case i want to change my mind in the next 4 years.. how do i do that officially

thank you to whoever posted the link and also for possibly answering my questions =)

3 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

its been a long wait, my official list number is better than 120. crazy huh.

though i was already hired for another title a few months ago, so thats one extra position for you guys lol

question 1: if this list is "established", does that mean i also passed the OPA? or will that list be modified as results start coming in

question 2: once they call me for Conductor, can i ask them to skip me in case i want to change my mind in the next 4 years.. how do i do that officially

thank you to whoever posted the link and also for possibly answering my questions =)

My number is on the list and I didnt even take the OPA yet so idk