Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
CGeorge

LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

How did you send the paperwork and stuff I replied to the email they had sent asking for the stuff.

Hey whats up man, i just finished the background check a few weeks ago.. Yes, you just reply to sterlings email and attach the requested documents. Sterling requested a w2 from me and all i did was take a pic of the w2, replied to their email, and attached the w2 and all was good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

Hey whats up man, i just finished the background check a few weeks ago.. Yes, you just reply to sterlings email and attach the requested documents. Sterling requested a w2 from me and all i did was take a pic of the w2, replied to their email, and attached the w2 and all was good. 

You guys are awesome very helpful. So glad I found this site.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikey23 said:

I dont know why you guys are coming at me like this but its uncalled for. This is all because ironhorse couldnt take the time out to read a few posts before he gave his two cents. Everyone else should just mind their business.  Dont worry about my career with the railroad! Im not here for any of you, i am here for myself! 

Thanks again fd87, it seems your the only standup guy in this entire forum. Thank you again for your advice. 

The split for you when you work my train headlights to markers 😂

  • LMAO! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mikey23 said:

I dont know why you guys are coming at me like this but its uncalled for. This is all because ironhorse couldnt take the time out to read a few posts before he gave his two cents. Everyone else should just mind their business.  Dont worry about my career with the railroad! Im not here for any of you, i am here for myself! 

Thanks again fd87, it seems your the only standup guy in this entire forum. Thank you again for your advice. 

Some comments before you play the victim card:

This is a public forum on the internet.  If you wanted people to mind there business, you wouldn't be here asking questions.

 

If you are worried only about yourself, what does that mean for your conductor or engineer?  If you're my brakeman and I need help with doors, passengers, etc, I expect you to help me no questions asked.  If you have that "I'm only here for myself" attitude, you're not gonna last long pal.

 

If someone not reading dozens of posts on an internet forum upsets you, then the RR is not for you.  What's gonna happen when passengers ask you whether your train stops at Jamaica a thousand times?  Are you going to get upset and angry because you made plenty of announcements?  

 

Seriously you need a thick skin and I mean really THICK to survive.  Don't act like a know it all, be humble that you've made it this far.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Noob said:

Mine took around 2 weeks. I gave them W-2, tax documents and earning statement from social security office. It might say consider after they finish the background check but don't worry too much about it. They will likely contact you if there is an issue.

do you have to pay for W2s from social security office or is it free? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snoopys16 said:

do you have to pay for W2s from social security office or is it free? 

I only ordered earning statement from there and it's around $100. You dont really need earning statement. I only got it just to make sure I didn't leave any jobs out on the application, and plus just to have an official record of my job history.

Edited by Noob
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 4:37 PM, Mikey23 said:

I dont know why you guys are coming at me like this but its uncalled for. This is all because ironhorse couldnt take the time out to read a few posts before he gave his two cents. Everyone else should just mind their business.  Dont worry about my career with the railroad! Im not here for any of you, i am here for myself! 

Thanks again fd87, it seems your the only standup guy in this entire forum. Thank you again for your advice. 

Roger. Mikey from 19-2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, k21d said:

Bp98 what class are you from?

2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Burner11801 said:

Roger. Mikey from 19-2. 

Mikey from 19-2, you've been identified.  Lol, behave from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Burner11801 said:

Roger. Mikey from 19-2. 

Uhmm ok? Do you have a clue as to what your talking about? I guess this is an inside joke between you, ironhorse, bull, and bp. Dweebs!

14 hours ago, IronHorse said:

Mikey from 19-2, you've been identified.  Lol, behave from now on.

Get a life! I bet it burns you up that i will be in the feb class and there is nothing you can do about it! Dont worry about me failing anything in class, im sure my iq is much higher than yours. I am here to stay so get used to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mikey23 said:

Uhmm ok? Do you have a clue as to what your talking about? I guess this is an inside joke between you, ironhorse, bull, and bp. Dweebs!

Get a life! I bet it burns you up that i will be in the feb class and there is nothing you can do about it! Dont worry about me failing anything in class, im sure my iq is much higher than yours. I am here to stay so get used to it!

Lmao, no one cares bro.  No one cares.  And who the hell uses the word dweebs?!?!  

  • LMAO! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronHorse said:

Lmao, no one cares bro.  No one cares.  And who the hell uses the word dweebs?!?!  

This is coming from the guy who used the word “tool” LMFAO 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bro this guy is gonna be hangin' for like a year...

  • Like 1
  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t wait for this guy to take it deep from crew. What’s your address bro I’ll mail you some vasoline 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fed554 said:

I can’t wait for this guy to take it deep from crew. What’s your address bro I’ll mail you some vasoline 

Lmfaooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went for my medical.  There was a physical fitness portion which consisted of climbing up and down a latter a few times, stepping over a third rail and walking down a little section of track, pulling a weight 3 times with each arm and bending a hose(I think maybe a portion of train brake hose) 3 times with each hand. That part took less than 10 minutes. There was also about 4-5 pages of paper work to fill out, an eye exam, a hearing test, ekg, blood pressure, etc..... The drug test was very strict, I’m sure that’s the norm but I’ve never had to take one before. I was out of there in a little under 2 hours. 

Edited by JHP87
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JHP87 said:

I went for my medical.  There was a physical fitness portion which consisted of climbing up and down a latter a few times, stepping over a third rail and walking down a little section of track, pulling a weight 3 times with each arm and bending a hose(I think maybe a portion of train brake hose) 3 times with each hand. That part took less than 10 minutes. There was also about 4-5 pages of paper work to fill out, an eye exam, a hearing test, ekg, blood pressure, etc..... The drug test was very strict, I’m sure that’s the norm but I’ve never had to take one before. I was out of there in a little under 2 hours. 

Drug test strict how ? Is it only a urine test ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JHP87 said:

I went for my medical.  There was a physical fitness portion which consisted of climbing up and down a latter a few times, stepping over a third rail and walking down a little section of track, pulling a weight 3 times with each arm and bending a hose(I think maybe a portion of train brake hose) 3 times with each hand. That part took less than 10 minutes. There was also about 4-5 pages of paper work to fill out, an eye exam, a hearing test, ekg, blood pressure, etc..... The drug test was very strict, I’m sure that’s the norm but I’ve never had to take one before. I was out of there in a little under 2 hours. 

I’m going for my medical tomorrow, what did you wear? Linda never specified the attire to wear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cdima123 said:

I’m going for my medical tomorrow, what did you wear? Linda never specified the attire to wear 

wear something comfortable. you will do the things jh said. not sure about safety shoes though. its been a while for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheddie said:

Drug test strict how ? Is it only a urine test ?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Yes, it’s only a urine test but they’re strict about the procedure. They make you certify that your specimen container kit hasn’t  been tampered with, you have to wash your hands before you can even touch it and you have to initial your specimen when it’s all done acknowledging kind of that you witnessed your urine’s chain of command. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cdima123 said:

I’m going for my medical tomorrow, what did you wear? Linda never specified the attire to wear 

I was told to wear comfortable clothes, jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CGeorge said:

wear something comfortable. you will do the things jh said. not sure about safety shoes though. its been a while for me.

Speaking of safety shoes, should I bother purchasing new black safety shoes/boots before class begins or should I stick with my current work boots until (God willing)  it’s actually time to start working trains? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cheddie said:

Drug test strict how ? Is it only a urine test ?

How long after the background check did you receive the date for your medical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 10:01 PM, Ajay223 said:

How long after the background check did you receive the date for your medical?

Once you clear the background you should receive but it depends on when your class is they schedule it around 1 month before 

Edited by Mlad18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.