ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

12 minutes ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

So I have my first yard practical in Coney soon…. What’s the chance of us getting a New Tech train? Lol I feel I did cuts and adds much better on New Tech, then 46 and then I struggled with 68 but I still did a good job but I’m worried under pressure I might mess it up if we get the 68’s…. Any advice would be great!!

Just take ya time and remember the steps. Do a couple fake runs at home following the steps based off your notes and what the rules and regulations manual says! The biggest reason people fail is rushing, so just take ya time! You’re definitely not going to get a new tech for the practical lol especially in Coney Island yard. Don’t sweat it though, you got this, you’re gonna pass!!

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Are you in the new induction that started Monday? Yes the signals are in the rules and regulations book, but I’d wait and let your TSS’ tell you what they want you to write for the definition…. Because you have to know them word for word and they have some shorter versions that are good enough to pass in the signal exams… to me the hardest part are the signals, everything else I’m doing decent on but the signals are taking forever. Boots I got were the Catepillar ones, they are heavy with the steel toe but I feel it’s still a comfortable boot. I’m happy there’s a new class cause now my induction isn’t “new” anymore lol and we have some seniority 🤣

Was supposed to be but nah got sworn in today for the June class so you’ll have even more seniority on me lol .. caterpillar got you I’ll look into those abd okok I’ll just skin over them to get a feel for them by the time school car starts

5 hours ago, CC1191 said:

Was supposed to be but nah got sworn in today for the June class so you’ll have even more seniority on me lol .. caterpillar got you I’ll look into those abd okok I’ll just skin over them to get a feel for them by the time school car starts

What was your list number

7 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

So I have my first yard practical in Coney soon…. What’s the chance of us getting a New Tech train? Lol I feel I did cuts and adds much better on New Tech, then 46 and then I struggled with 68 but I still did a good job but I’m worried under pressure I might mess it up if we get the 68’s…. Any advice would be great!!

I want to know the same, next Saturday is my first practical but we have no idea where our group is going or what equipment to expect. How did you find out the yard location? 

P.S. you got this bro 💪

1 hour ago, rondread445 said:

I want to know the same, next Saturday is my first practical but we have no idea where our group is going or what equipment to expect. How did you find out the yard location? 

P.S. you got this bro 💪

Our TSS told us… they got their schedule for each class and what yard and TSS’ will be doing our walk throughs. 

1 hour ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Our TSS told us… they got their schedule for each class and what yard and TSS’ will be doing our walk throughs. 

Thanks bro, I found out this morning we'll be at Coney island next Saturday. My TSS says we'll work on whatever the yard has available. 

10 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Take it from Me cutting and adding SMEE is way way way easier than new tech...

One button not pushed and you will have issues...

4 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Thanks bro, I found out this morning we'll be at Coney island next Saturday. My TSS says we'll work on whatever the yard has available. 

You getting a R46 or a R68 or a R68A...

All tech trains are over in Culver Yard and with the GO in effect not even sure if the power will be on.

Just now, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Lol yeah they say that a lot, but I’m just worried about passing the practical, only reason why I’m stressing it. 

For sure u should be worried about passing...u will also be YX for a little while and have to do it a couple times. I'm just saying, I've only gotten 1 yard job since i came out and all i did was wash a train.

List #38** Going in for Conditional offer 5/26

Can someone tell me what I Should expect next week?

I know they do the medical, fingerprints and all the paperwork, take it if I pass everything would this be the day Iam hired? 

How much time will  I have to give my current employer notice?

How much do they pay during school car? What if I don't pass school car, am I left jobless?

I must say I'm extremely nervous. Any info is appreciated

44 minutes ago, dincena said:

List #38** Going in for Conditional offer 5/26

Can someone tell me what I Should expect next week?

I know they do the medical, fingerprints and all the paperwork, take it if I pass everything would this be the day Iam hired? 

How much time will  I have to give my current employer notice?

How much do they pay during school car? What if I don't pass school car, am I left jobless?

I must say I'm extremely nervous. Any info is appreciated

Expect to be there about the same time as pre-employ. 

Yes you will be hired once everything is fulfilled. 

Next class you should already see it on your conditional offer. It’s probably  June 20th. 

They start $37.49 for schoolcar. You will pass just pay attention take notes and study study study.  Don’t be afraid just take your time. 

49 minutes ago, TA718 said:

Expect to be there about the same time as pre-employ. 

Yes you will be hired once everything is fulfilled. 

Next class you should already see it on your conditional offer. It’s probably  June 20th. 

They start $37.49 for schoolcar. You will pass just pay attention take notes and study study study.  Don’t be afraid just take your time. 

Yes it says "Being considered for June 20th class"

I know they say the schedule is hectic/ all over the place after school car especially if on the "extra list". Does the T/O job ever have a steady consistent schedule a few years down the road? 

Just now, dincena said:

I know they say the schedule is hectic/ all over the place after school car especially if on the "extra list". Does the T/O job ever have a steady consistent schedule a few years down the road? 

Yeah once you get to pick you'll know your set days off and tour, but as long as you're extra extra the crew office can throw you around changing your days off each week and tour each week. One week pms Tuesday Wednesday off, the next week mdinights with Wednesday Thursday etc etc

16 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

All the praticals are normally on 68 or 68A. I've never heard if anybody doing a pratical on a new tech. That would be way too easy especially for prep for service or yard or break pipe rapture. 

2 minutes ago, dincena said:

Yes it does once you get to pick. That’s why they say when you’re extra extra for about 2 and a half years. After that you’ll pick and have a steady run and RDOs (days off)

Just now, FilippoSironi said:

All the praticals are normally on 68 or 68A. I've never heard if anybody doing a pratical on a new tech. That would be way too easy especially for prep for service or yard or break pipe rapture. 

Yeah we hard our first practical on a r46 at ciy and then the break pipe rupture on a 68A or 68 at ccy

6 minutes ago, dincena said:

In a few years, you will be able to pick although likely it won't be ideally what you want or you can try and go for the vacancy bids that happens at the start of the pick. Keep in mind, when you do start to pick you will not see the weekend for a long time unless you manage to win a job off the vancancy bid that has it.

Edited by Jericho

1 minute ago, TA718 said:

Yes it does once you get to pick. That’s why they say when you’re extra extra for about 2 and a half years. After that you’ll pick and have a steady run and RDOs (days off)

Extra list you get regular RDOs, tour, and location tho right? I know Extra extra is all over the place.

10 minutes ago, dincena said:

Also you have steady RDOs as a extra extra. It’s just sometimes very rare the crew will change it. Most times they don’t since it’ll be work for them to do so. But they can send you everywhere tho as an extra extra. 

4 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Lol yeah they say that a lot, but I’m just worried about passing the practical, only reason why I’m stressing it. 

The main reason the fail people on that pratical is the handbreaks aren't released or the train doesn't charge.