ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, adam223 said:

Almost there, cant wait. I might be called to fill the last few of the july class, if not i should be one of the first few for the august class. Any guaranteed word about the august class?

What's your list number? I'm thinking that July class might reach into the high 1200s.  While I was there today 2 people were put on medical hold . You know that thats the factor in how high they call. How many people they call in . The July class,  I dont think it's even half way full yet . I'm sure many slots are open still . It's very early in June still .

11 hours ago, Conductor2015 said:

What's your list number? I'm thinking that July class might reach into the high 1200s.  While I was there today 2 people were put on medical hold . You know that thats the factor in how high they call. How many people they call in . The July class,  I dont think it's even half way full yet . I'm sure many slots are open still . It's very early in June still .

my list number is in 11xx

11 hours ago, Conductor2015 said:

I've been trying to call to see if they are close to being full yet but I'm getting no answer. 

If anybody gets thru, can u ask and relay that info here? 

1 minute ago, Harryb said:

For the guys that are already in schoolcar, does any one remember when they got their first paycheck? Was it two weeks from the day you started?

The week we start July 22. Is the first week of the pay week cause I get paid that week.  Yes we will get a check 2 weeks later .

12 hours ago, Conductor2015 said:

I highly doubt 1100's will be in the July class. I'm 118* and I am not even sure about the August class. Why do you think we'd make the July class?

5 minutes ago, Harlem said:

I highly doubt 1100's will be in the July class. I'm 118* and I am not even sure about the August class. Why do you think we'd make the July class?

they’re less than 100 spots from the 1100s before the July class, which is a month away. There’s no way they don’t get to 1100s In at least August

9 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Folks around 101x has been confirmed for July 22’s and it’s still a month away. They usually filter through 1:2 to 1:3 ration per class, depending on deferrals and holds being lifted it’s a really good chance if they continue hiring for 7/22.

14 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

they’re less than 100 spots from the 1100s before the July class, which is a month away. There’s no way they don’t get to 1100s In at least August

I see your logic. What happens if you're away when you get the notice to report for the medical? Can you just go in when you get back or do you have to defer?

8 minutes ago, Harlem said:

I see your logic. What happens if you're away when you get the notice to report for the medical? Can you just go in when you get back or do you have to defer?

You might or might not be able to go but know that they won’t hold spots for you. So you might have to put yourself back on the list if you cant go.

8 minutes ago, adam223 said:

Thats strange, no one got an email today for medical? Probably the class is almost full. They called thursday and friday of last week for medicals.

Just because they didn’t post here doesn’t mean they didn’t get emails. Remember, most people who took this exam and are on the list probably don’t even know about this forum.

Yea, I gotta admit, even I knew about this forum from way back when, but I totally forgot when I was called in on November. I wish I had remember too. When I didn't hear back after my first PE, I thought I was SOL until I got the second PE letter last month.

1 hour ago, adam223 said:

Thats strange, no one got an email today for medical? Probably the class is almost full. They called thursday and friday of last week for medicals.

Listen while I was there yesterday , I saw the list they were checking names off of . And no lie there wasn't more than like 12 people in it and when I tell you that maybe 5 of those were there for bus operator alone and another 4 were there for another title for medical too . They are not calling more than 4 people a day trust me cause I would have seen more for train op. Plus think about this from the time mr harryb went and then me there were days in between and our list numbers are not that crazy apart . The July class is not nearly half way full . Trust and believe that.  And people get put on hold for whatever bs. Yo I was about to be put on hold for missing my social security card 😒 and in the end I didn't need it cause I work here 😑😑😑. The July class will touch the 1200s.

56 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

Listen while I was there yesterday , I saw the list they were checking names off of . And no lie there wasn't more than like 12 people in it and when I tell you that maybe 5 of those were there for bus operator alone and another 4 were there for another title for medical too . They are not calling more than 4 people a day trust me cause I would have seen more for train op. Plus think about this from the time mr harryb went and then me there were days in between and our list numbers are not that crazy apart . The July class is not nearly half way full . Trust and believe that.  And people get put on hold for whatever bs. Yo I was about to be put on hold for missing my social security card 😒 and in the end I didn't need it cause I work here 😑😑😑. The July class will touch the 1200s.

Thanks. If your take on this is correct, I'll have to change my travel plans. I would have sworn they wouldn't reach the 11**'s until August. It sounds like they'd have to go through 150 people to get there by July. Are you saying that many people get called and don't take the job. I wonder why? 

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Just because they didn’t post here doesn’t mean they didn’t get emails. Remember, most people who took this exam and are on the list probably don’t even know about this forum.

yea ur probably right. thats a good thing LMAO, ppl wont be prepared and flunk then the queue can move even faster to reach our list numbers. not trying to be and a-hole, but i need this job, real bad.

1 hour ago, Conductor2015 said:

hahahaha, good luck bro, hopefully i get into the july class with the rest of u dudes

7 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Thanks. If your take on this is correct, I'll have to change my travel plans. I would have sworn they wouldn't reach the 11**'s until August. It sounds like they'd have to go through 150 people to get there by July. Are you saying that many people get called and don't take the job. I wonder why? 

I would start preparing now, get ur paperwork together and what not. the queue is move fast af. they went from 850s for the May class to high 1000s or low 1100s probably by tomorrow for the July class. I might get called in 2-3 weeks for medical.