ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Brytstar said:

Just went for second PE today 6/12/19 . Was wondering if there is a chance they’ll call me before September? My list number is 13xx. I have a one week scheduled vacation  Labor Day week. It’s been 3 yrs since I have taken vacation at my current job. Hoping they’ll wait till at least after I come back to call me for medical.

When did you receive notification? I'm 13xx also but didn't receive email or letter for 2nd PE

21 hours ago, Brytstar said:

Oh thanks, that’s a relief.

I think you may only make it September if a lot of people defer. im 115 and im hoping for Aug but expecting September (if there's a class).

we have to remember each class you might have a good percentage of people who deferred previously being reinstated, and hopefully the drop rate of 1:3 ratio is still valid which means they'll call atleast 180 individuals to fill a class.

im just enjoying the rest of this summer preparing for the golden ticket.

6 minutes ago, Harryb said:

Just got my email to go in for medical June 17. List #97x

They’re gonna hit the 1000s end of next week latest at this point. Very low 1100s are gonna be in July or August as well, barring something major happening with hiring. Thx 4 update!

59 minutes ago, Harryb said:

Just got my email to go in for medical June 17. List #97x

That’s awesome, this means they’ll definitely be getting into the 1000s for July. I’m 109x and I’m expecting August. Someone said July for highs 1000s but I’ll be surprised to see that. Good luck to you.

2 hours ago, Fredman0220 said:

That’s awesome, this means they’ll definitely be getting into the 1000s for July. I’m 109x and I’m expecting August. Someone said July for highs 1000s but I’ll be surprised to see that. Good luck to you.

They’re still over a month before the next class starts. Like I said, barring any sudden slowdowns you’re in a likely range for July. I believe I have a decent chance but August def for me.

5 hours ago, Brytstar said:

What email address did they use to send it? I want to be on the lookout so it doesn’t get spammed.

Michelle Rivera-Vargas @ nyct.com

5 hours ago, Qnzkidd05 said:

Did they tell you what class you’re being considered for?

July 22nd. Hope to be in there with you

4 hours ago, Fredman0220 said:

Thank you. Best of luck to you as well

to be placed on hold for sleep apnea does your neck have to be over 17 inches AND your BMI over 35 or does it have to be only one of those things. For example if your BMI is over 35 but neck size is less than 17 would you be put on hold?

3 hours ago, Operator Ace said:

I'm 99x I'm hoping i hear from them soon! I've done two PE's, no medical yet. maybe this will be the week that changes.

You've might get one tomorrow. I've noticed they seem to send out medical blitz emails on Fridays. And they're going through like 40-80+ numbers every week to week and a half.

4 hours ago, Harryb said:

to be placed on hold for sleep apnea does your neck have to be over 17 inches AND your BMI over 35 or does it have to be only one of those things. For example if your BMI is over 35 but neck size is less than 17 would you be put on hold?

Yea its either not both. 

Hello all, congrats to all of you who have been posting recently regarding your medical and pre emp. process. But would it be possible for some of you to post on specifically list updates you’ve heard while at the location. What they are expecting to reach by the end of the summer / end of year etc. Thank you I appreciate it, btw I am early 20xx. 

1 minute ago, Andres718 said:

Hello all, congrats to all of you who have been posting recently regarding your medical and pre emp. process. But would it be possible for some of you to post on specifically list updates you’ve heard while at the location. What they are expecting to reach by the end of the summer / end of year etc. Thank you I appreciate it, btw I am early 20xx. 

They don't tell us that. They have only mentioned the 3 summer classes specifically. Even if they knew about more classes at this point they wouldn't say it unless it's confirmed. You guys above 1300 are just going to have to hang tight and be patient. 

Thanks for the quick response acrabal, shucks I know it was a long shot but I figure I ask. Do you happen to know how accurate the dcas site is? As I check just about everyday and it lists as the last verified number at #1947 , so it’s not that far off from me. 

12 minutes ago, Andres718 said:

There is a Civil Service Certification list and it might shed some light where you stand. I noticed for me there was an update not on list number, but where I stand within the process. On the update it says they have 225 Vacancies and how many ppl they called in to try to fill the position. They call way more than needed to account for the ppl who defer or don't pass drug screening....etc. Few days after I noticed the update under my name I received my second PE notice. Maybe it will shed some light for you.  Link is below 

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

4 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

There is a Civil Service Certification list and it might shed some light where you stand. I noticed for me there was an update not on list number, but where I stand within the process. On the update it says they have 225 Vacancies and how many ppl they called in to try to fill the position. They call way more than needed to account for the ppl who defer or don't pass drug screening....etc. Few days after I noticed the update under my name I received my second PE notice. Maybe it will shed some light for you.  Link is below 

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

Gotcha, thanks for the link. That is the one I check 3 or 4 times a week. But unfortunately it hasn’t changed in over 3 months. I am listed as active ofcourse on the other but I tried even typing just my name on the certified but no luck just yet. 😕