ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone can provide me some insight, after you work your first year, your probationary year, you can leave the job as T/O and then come back to it at a later time? Where can I find out more info about this? TIA !

8 hours ago, MGB said:

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone can provide me some insight, after you work your first year, your probationary year, you can leave the job as T/O and then come back to it at a later time? Where can I find out more info about this? TIA !

That only if you promote and decide the promotion is not for you. You can return to T/O for up to 1 year after the promotion then its permenant

If there are sixty spots per class, it sounds like I will be called in for September if they schedule it. This would actually be better for me to smooth out my transition from my current job.

I hope the reorganization that Cuomo managed to pass doesn't affect things anytime soon though.

5 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Update: They're up to 1043 for medicals, and there are about 25 spots left in the July class as of a few mins ago.

That's exactly why I think they are going to make it close to the 1200s for July class. Cause look 900 - 1043 and they only got 35 people out of that . Theres 25 spots left. Listen you in the 1100s will be in the July class.  

9 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

That's exactly why I think they are going to make it close to the 1200s for July class. Cause look 900 - 1043 and they only got 35 people out of that . Theres 25 spots left. Listen you in the 1100s will be in the July class.  

I hope so bro. But if not 1100s are a shoe in for August.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:45 AM, MarkGuy said:

Update: They're up to 1043 for medicals, and there are about 25 spots left in the July class as of a few mins ago.

Up to only 1043? Only bout 20 people last week? The week before was from 970s-1020s, which is about 50 people. I don't know. I thought they would be over 1050s.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, Jericho said:

If there are sixty spots per class, it sounds like I will be called in for September if they schedule it. This would actually be better for me to smooth out my transition from my current job.

I hope the reorganization that Cuomo managed to pass doesn't affect things anytime soon though.

I don't think Cuomo plan would obstruct union workers, its rather directed to management, hopefully.

Oh and the July class size is 65, not 60. I think they will reach mid 1100s for July class. I think august class they would barely scratch 1300s. Does any1 have the exact date and class size for the august class? And is there going to be classes after august? 

29 minutes ago, adam223 said:

Up to only 1043? Only bout 20 people last week? The week before was from 970s-1020s, which is about 50 people. I don't know. I thought they would be over 1050s.

Yeah I noticed that too. Idk. I wonder  if those of us with low 1100s get a medical letter this week’s end or start of next ?

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

I went to the website above and the vacancies number is decreasing, I think they almost hit their hiring goal. It started at 600, at the #1 list number, and now its down to 225 since my last PE which was in the beginning of this month. I'm not sure if i'm misinterpreting that, any1 here to verify?

11 minutes ago, adam223 said:

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

I went to the website above and the vacancies number is decreasing, I think they almost hit their hiring goal. It started at 600, at the #1 list number, and now its down to 225 since my last PE which was in the beginning of this month. I'm not sure if i'm misinterpreting that, any1 here to verify?

If that is what they are going by then I think the rumors may be true, which was that the August class might be the last big class and probably the last class to make up for the retirement numbers and filled the shortage. Don't quote me on this as i am not 100% sure.

32 minutes ago, adam223 said:

If that is what they are going by then I think the rumors may be true, which was that the August class might be the last big class and probably the last class to make up for the retirement numbers and filled the shortage. Don't quote me on this as i am not 100% sure.

I don't think that is correct. i checked my name from 10/23 and made its way down.

1st request, 10/19 was 1500 requested (provisional replacement),

2nd request 3/14 was 500,

3rd request 3/20 was 600,

4th current 5/2 is 1000.

I believe the request is for the classes offered.so to fill 1000 they called 1351 to fill the classes. please correct me if im wrong, but that is how im making out with it.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

1 hour ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I don't think that is correct. i checked my name from 10/23 and made its way down.

1st request, 10/19 was 1500 requested (provisional replacement),

2nd request 3/14 was 500,

3rd request 3/20 was 600,

4th current 5/2 is 1000.

I believe the request is for the classes offered.so to fill 1000 they called 1351 to fill the classes. please correct me if im wrong, but that is how im making out with it.

I don't think we are looking at the same column. I am looking at the No. Vacancies column. Last year was 600, this year is 225, I could be wrong, might be the hiring goal amount for this year.

Just now, adam223 said:

I don't think we are looking at the same column. I am looking at the No. Vacancies column. Last year was 600, this year is 225, I could be wrong, might be the hiring goal amount for this year.

How big was May's class? Ive read earlier in the forum that May's class was small. If this is true, possibly August would be the last class of the year, because they almost made the 225 goal.