B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know what list number they’re up to. I do know there’s quite a few people from the previous test who are going thru the process now though. A lot of 7612 people 

I saw a girl with a list number in the 2000s from this list though. 

tomorrow is day 7! Very excited. We all did well today. There was a tricky light that almost caught us up around union square, the countdown for the pedestrians wasn’t on the right hand side, only on the left, we all almost ran the yellow but didn’t. 

the tricky part about Manhattan isn’t the car traffic but the bikes and the people. A lot of people in Manhattan view their bike ride as more important than being safe around a bus. They’ll squeeze thru the smallest spaces 

10 hours ago, FrontSt said:

Exam 9604

I was a reinsert so I can’t tell u exactly where the list is based off my number. 2 guys I’m training with are from the last exam before this one. I’ll ask the 4th person I’m training with her number tomorrow. 

there are people with list numbers in the 2000s in this training class though. 

5 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

I don’t know what list number they’re up to. I do know there’s quite a few people from the previous test who are going thru the process now though. A lot of 7612 people 

tomorrow is day 7! Very excited. We all did well today. There was a tricky light that almost caught us up around union square, the countdown for the pedestrians wasn’t on the right hand side, only on the left, we all almost ran the yellow but didn’t. 

the tricky part about Manhattan isn’t the car traffic but the bikes and the people. A lot of people in Manhattan view their bike ride as more important than being safe around a bus. They’ll squeeze thru the smallest spaces 

Yeah Manhattan is crazy with them bike lanes. Just take them turns slow and easy and look at all your mirrors. Good luck tomorrow. Get some good rest and keep us posted. #YouGotThis👍

9 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

And if a bike is riding in your 4 feet space near your bus, stop the bus until the bike passes you. Better the bike in front of you than on the side of you.

4 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

You got this in the bag. Day 6 was tougher than day 7 for me. I actually bombed on day 6 when I was tripped up by one of the turn signal lights. Your instructor will pretty much test you on what you learned later so stay on your toes!

16 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Thanks bro appreciate it 🙏🏿 And That’s really cool and what part downtown or uptown? And me personally I never drove a transit bus before but I would imagine the worse Boro to drive in would be in queens/ Brooklyn 

56 minutes ago, FrontSt said:

Thanks bro appreciate it 🙏🏿 And That’s really cool and what part downtown or uptown? And me personally I never drove a transit bus before but I would imagine the worse Boro to drive in would be in queens/ Brooklyn 

Union square - downtown. 34th street & lex. Down to 25th, make the left turn. Ride it down to e 6th street, do the loop right turn going back uptown, go up to 9th street, make the right and 2 lefts and right turn and go up to 34th and make a right to go back across 34th to lex. I believe that’s the day 7 route 

Today was day 7 and my whole class of 4 passed. Going to Jamaica tomorrow 

38 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

Union square - downtown. 34th street & lex. Down to 25th, make the left turn. Ride it down to e 6th street, do the loop right turn going back uptown, go up to 9th street, make the right and 2 lefts and right turn and go up to 34th and make a right to go back across 34th to lex. I believe that’s the day 7 route 

Congrats! ; you got me excited to start on Sunday . I hope everything goes well like a piece of cake . 

57 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

Congrats! Enjoy the next couple days. 

21 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Wow so due to Covid the classes are small asf only 4 people no wonder this takes so long 

2 hours ago, FrontSt said:

Ok 👌🏿 gotcha that’s more than I expected 80 students in a class that’s a big class lol

Yeah there’s like 80-85 

at zerega they split us into 2 rooms for day 0 , about 40-45 heads per room 

was reunited with some of the kids from day 0 today who trained at other depots while we did the nova bus training today. We go back to zerega tomorrow

Pick something close to where you live because when the snow hits, it can be hell to get to/from. 

https://www.ttmg.org/insidersguide/current-rosters/new-york-mta-bus-roster/new-york-mta-bus-roster-depot-4/

Look through that. It will list all the depots, locations, routes and type of buses that they have. 

Also, don’t get your hopes up. You’re gonna pick depots soon based on where there’s openings and by seniority. Be prepared to get sent to Queens or Staten Island.