OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Amtrak41 said:

Can they implement on buses within a borough while they forge ahead with subway lines ? 

I believe that they will be doing this in March and beyond. Manhattan buses will get OMNY by end of March while the subway rollout continues. 

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

1 hour ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

I believe that they will be doing this in March and beyond. Manhattan buses will get OMNY by end of March while the subway rollout continues. 

How will they do the M100? It’s out of KB depot, so will they only do a certain section of buses, and make those OMNY-enabled, or will all KB buses be OMNY-enabled?

17 hours ago, Jova42R said:

How will they do the M100? It’s out of KB depot, so will they only do a certain section of buses, and make those OMNY-enabled, or will all KB buses be OMNY-enabled?

Gun Hill buses are starting to have OMNY bases. I believe 5792 and 2 other buses. I forget the #’s have OMNY bases.  KB buses will be enrolled in OMNY soon. 

To answer your question. The OMNY bus rollout right now is for Manhattan Division only to start at the end of March or about 4/1/20. Kingsbridge is Bronx Division and the M100 is a Bronx Division route and not a Manhattan Division route. 

46 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

If I was a betting woman, I’d say March will be at least partly a “fill in the gaps” month.

Finish off some if not all the lower Manhattan stations that are missing.

In addition maybe start working with some Brooklyn stations. Looks like Queens will be last for OMNY rollout. 

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

In addition maybe start working with some Brooklyn stations. Looks like Queens will be last for OMNY rollout. 

I guess it kind of makes sense because much of Queens is reliant on bus-to-subway transfers and vice versa due to the lack of subway coverage.  Probably not going to get a ton of takers without transfers being an option yet with a lagging bus roll out.

might as well make a list.

1-all online

2- 149th/Grand Concourse- 96th to Fulton- Borough Hall- Nevins to Atlantic

3-96th to Fulton- Borough Hall- Nevins to Atlantic

4-Woodlawn to Atlantic

5-149th to Atlantic

6-East 149th to Brooklyn Bridge

7- Times Square to Grand Central

0- all stations

A- 207th to Jay St.

B- 161st street- 145th St to Broadway-Lafayette- Atlantic

C-168th street to Jay St.

D- 161st street- 145th St to Broadway-Lafayette- Atlantic

E-Sutphin/Archer- Lex-53rd- 7th ave to World Trade Center

F 47-50th to Broadway-Lafayette- Jay St.

G-None

H-None

J/Z- Sutphin/Archer- Canal to Fulton

L-8th ave to USQ

M- Broadway-Lafayette to 47-50th - Lex/53rd

N- Lexington 59th - Times Square to Atlantic

Q- Times Square to Canal - Atlantic

R-Lex/59th, Times Square, Herald Square, Union Square, Canal, Cortlandt, Whitehall to Jay, Atlantic 

S-None

W- Lex/59th, Times Square, Herald Square, Union Square, Canal, Cortlandt, Whitehall