Select Bus Service Discussion Thread

Union Tpke

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I've been saying that since end of last week but yet its always "the community is powerful". "The sbs is going to be rerouted on avenue p" , "nothing will be a go until the community is pleased!!!" Like the B82 only affects them as the entire brooklyn. People such as myself benefit from the B82 and having it rerouted on Avenue P would be going out of its way for people like me and many others. 

I passed by the protest today and its funny how they were all against bus lanes and claim it would cause congestion but that whole time they were causing congestion for their protest. So after some mild shopping in ceasers bay plaza these same people were still double parking along kings hwy. Its not them who want better service its the straphangers who do and unfortunately we have to suffer for some people who like to drive to a store who lives about two blocks away while double parked eating or on their phone. 

If it were up to me I would have NYPD have a field day with giving out tickets. 

So this is saying that these protesters are hypocrites? 

48 minutes ago, Kingjunior34 said:

I don’t understand these people in Southern Brooklyn. They aren’t the only  area with delays along the B82 look at rockaway station going around that small area can take up to 20 mins the whole route is prone to delays . The people of Southern Brooklyn are making it such a big deal . The 82 isn’t the only sbs route that had problems and protest . You complain about lack of service and efficiency but then what the mta tries to implement something you guys protest . Now delaying the B82 sbs for all communities along the route . Which are all in need of better service 

The problems at Rockaway Parkway Station can be solved without SBS.

4 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I've been saying that since end of last week but yet its always "the community is powerful". "The sbs is going to be rerouted on avenue p" , "nothing will be a go until the community is pleased!!!" Like the B82 only affects them as the entire brooklyn. People such as myself benefit from the B82 and having it rerouted on Avenue P would be going out of its way for people like me and many others. 

I passed by the protest today and its funny how they were all against bus lanes and claim it would cause congestion but that whole time they were causing congestion for their protest. So after some mild shopping in ceasers bay plaza these same people were still double parking along kings hwy. Its not them who want better service its the straphangers who do and unfortunately we have to suffer for some people who like to drive to a store who lives about two blocks away while double parked eating or on their phone. 

If it were up to me I would have NYPD have a field day with giving out tickets. 

Thank you!  NYPD needs to start issuing tickets and I mean heavy duty tickets. Flatbush Ave downtown started this pilot program where no cars are allowed to park or double park during peak hours, and during that week they were heavy blitz of tickets and cars being towed by NYPD traffic. Kings Highway needs a littke taste of that blitz, maybe it should release stress with the double parking issues.

2 minutes ago, Kingjunior34 said:

I hope it isn’t sbs would do serious would do serious wonders to the B82

Serious wonders like making local service very infrequent like every 20 or 30 minutes. Where do you think they will be getting all that new SBS service during hours that the Limited doesn't run? It will come from the local service, and antics will increase headways even more. 

1 minute ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Do you have an idea on how the bus problem at Rockaway Parkway be solved without SBS?

The traffic changes they are proposing around the terminal do not require SBS to be implemented. 

9 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

So this is saying that these protesters are hypocrites? 

Maybe so or less but more so about no one trying to help curve congestion on kings hwy. Everybody want their cars and trucks instead of trying to maybe make things go much easier on kings hwy. 

13 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I highly doubt the B82 SBS has been postponed. That "article" has some serious red flags.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Same here. I couldn't find any "real" proof that the SBS is delayed. Better to wait for the next set of documents in a few months or so.

Amazing how people see what they want to see. The headline clearly states it has been postponed and the article says it was supposed to start in July. 

13 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I highly doubt the B82 SBS has been postponed. That "article" has some serious red flags.

I'll say this.. It may have some red flags. However, there hasn't really been movement on the Canarsie side for SBS82 with exception or Remsen Avenue, and Ralph Avenue.

Haven't seen any construction along Utica Avenue and along Avenue K.

5 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

Thank you!  NYPD needs to start issuing tickets and I mean heavy duty tickets. Flatbush Ave downtown started this pilot program where no cars are allowed to park or double park during peak hours, and during that week they were heavy blitz of tickets and cars being towed by NYPD traffic. Kings Highway needs a littke taste of that blitz, maybe it should release stress with the double parking issues.

I have a good feeling they're using that pilot as a way to bring the B41 to sbs but traffic from that area has gotten bad anyway. I heard its a 6 month pilot and if the city sees positive results they'll keep it. 

1 minute ago, Brillant93 said:

I have a good feeling they're using that pilot as a way to bring the B41 to sbs but traffic from that area has gotten bad anyway. I heard its a 6 month pilot and if the city sees positive results they'll keep it. 

I think so too.... they did mention after the 82 the 41 would be the next motion

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

I'll say this.. It may have some red flags. However, there hasn't really been movement on the Canarsie side for SBS82 with exception or Remsen Avenue, and Ralph Avenue.

They're redoing the pedestrian islands over there and I think its for the B46sbs. On kings hwy and flatbush avenue there are white markings on the street outlining new pedestrian islands. Around Crospey avenue by the depot they started digging up the new ped island. Cones and barriers are over there. I don't think the B82 sbs is being stopped. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

What do you mean every stop has the machine stands expect for rockaway Parkway station east of Ralph all the way to spring Creek

2 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Allegedly, that is supposed to be next right after the M14SBS, but that's sometime in 2019/2020 tho. In order for the B41 to have SBS, it needs to get rid of the Dollar Vans/Jitney buses that are now invading Flatbush Avenue in droves. Not enough police enforcement on Flatbush.

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Allegedly, that is supposed to be next right after the M14SBS, but that's sometime in 2019/2020 tho. In order for the B41 to have SBS, it needs to get rid of the Dollar Vans/Jitney buses that are now invading Flatbush Avenue in droves. Not enough police enforcement on Flatbush.

M14 is another sbs route that is having trouble already. At least they're still doing open houses for it before the year is out. But I know the B41 is rumored about becoming an artic route. 

12 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

It's been three days and no one else has this story... That's a red flag if I've ever seen one...

I've been searching for a few days. Nothing from daily news, news 12, pix11,  MTA themselves, etc. Unless I see documents and more news like this, I'm taking this as a hoax.

Just now, MysteriousBtrain said:

I've been searching for a few days. Nothing from daily news, news 12, pix11,  MTA themselves, etc. Unless I see documents and more news like this, I'm taking this as a hoax.

You know whats a hoax? Having outreach for three years, having money allocated to redoing your district, and then turn around protesting a project they started working. Thats the hoax. 

1 minute ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

How about this.. Send a email and have the media outlets investigate it.. If you feel that the article is BULLS*IT. At least there is movement to say that SBS is possible for cancellation for July.