NICE to get 60 Gillig buses to replace Orions

Lawrence St

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2021 at 8:34 PM, trainfan22 said:

I wonder why these buses haven't hit service yet. I notice that NICE doesn't have the test period with a pliot bus like the MTA does. 

IMG_1355.thumb.jpg.4af5726002734b5638455246aba5a9aa.jpg

Ask and you shall receive lol.
2000 in service on its first day on the n24.

1 minute ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

Yessir, a bus I have been waiting for in months! Are the Gilligs trackable yet and how did they sound like when you saw it?

None of the NICE buses are actually "trackable" except on the website and the transit app, both of which doesn't reveal fleet numbers.

They sound exactly like the XN40s. They're not much different in comparison.

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

None of the NICE buses are actually "trackable" except on the website and the transit app, both of which doesn't reveal fleet numbers.

They sound exactly like the XN40s. They're not much different in comparison.

Ah I see, btw NICE buses by numbers are actually trackable on the website, all you gotta do is hover your mouse over one of the buses you're tracking and you get get something like this: 19402222(ignore the 2222)

17 minutes ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

Ah I see, btw NICE buses by numbers are actually trackable on the website, all you gotta do is hover your mouse over one of the buses you're tracking and you get get something like this: 19402222(ignore the 2222)

Huh, I see.

Well, this goes to show that you don't always have to rely on trackers, especially since it takes the fun and the spontaneity out of the hobby.  A lot of these fans are becoming way more reliant on them lol😂.

Edited by Cait Sith

Now that these Gilligs have hit service, you can ride a bus from every current bus manufacturer with a Metrocard.

Gillig

New Flyer

Novabus

Prevost

MCI

Proterra

NY tri state area has a very diverse bus fleet.  

Edited by trainfan22

45 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Now that these Gilligs have hit service, you can ride a bus from every current bus manufacturer with a Metrocard.

Gillig

New Flyer

Novabus

Prevost

MCI

Proterra

I wish to include Orion lol but unfortunately they are no longer in the bus industry 

21 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

IMG_1355.thumb.jpg.4af5726002734b5638455246aba5a9aa.jpg

Ask and you shall receive lol.
2000 in service on its first day on the n24.

Lol I’m seeing this as I’m riding on 1731 on the n4. I definitely will miss Nassau’s first low floor buses but these Orion’s are definitely beat thanks to the years of poor maintenance. Hope the new Gilligs hold up in Nassau. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

On 7/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, MTABusTransitFanner said:

Going route by route can be a bit of an annoyance - I made my own tracker to show all routes and split by bus model:

z5iXP40.jpg

On 7/15/2021 at 9:14 PM, trainfan22 said:

Gillig

New Flyer

Novabus

Prevost

MCI

Proterra

And Vanhool cuz SIM23/24!