Better than the R 142/143/160???

Robert Bosco

The bucket seats are indeed very comfortable and convenient for me. However like other Kawasaki trains, the PA-5s are like the R142As, R143s, and R160Bs which are relatively louder than those built by Alstom or Bombardier. Therefore among the NTTs, I prefer the R160As most.

They look better than NYC NTTs. The announcements are also clearer and not muffled/too soft. I didn't hear any propulsion though so I can't say if it sounds cool or not.

You want propulsion?!

Here you go! Both WTC and NWK bound directions.

Hey, thats my video!

The PA-5s I think are running under a 30 day test. I honestly think that those PA-5 cars are better than NYC's NTTs. Once you go on a ride in those trains, you'll know why.

And not even a thank you to the designers of the NTTs on the NYCTA. If it wasnt for their designs on the R142/R143/R160, you wouldnt have the looks and well, all the technology on those trains. Well, almost all of it.

And not even a thank you to the designers of the NTTs on the NYCTA. If it wasnt for their designs on the R142/R143/R160, you wouldnt have the looks and well, all the technology on those trains. Well, almost all of it.

I wouldnt say that, Boston's Siemens cars & PATH's PA-5s have almost the same design mechanism, different specifics. Their older cars were made by Hawker-Siddley, with almost the same design frame and specs.

I like it...but I still think the 160 is the best

i actually saw one of the new trains pass by as i was in my truck in jersey city near journal square i was on route 1 & 9 truck route when it passed by on the way to Harrison station im glad they kept the same closing door chimes as the current cars unlike the R160's & 142's thats the only drawback i have for the 160's, oh and i notice they have the rail gates on the new paths as well great touch

I wouldnt say that, Boston's Siemens cars & PATH's PA-5s have almost the same design mechanism, different specifics. Their older cars were made by Hawker-Siddley, with almost the same design frame and specs.

The Technology in those cars are based off the NYCTA's R142s. An Upgrade if you say.

• 5 weeks later...

I ridden the PA5 and the seats are better than the NYCT NTT hands down! The 5's have 62/68 style bucket seating (but painted blue) I'm a fan of bucket seating so I'm glad path put those type of seats in the PA5. However maybe the train had dead motors or something but it was slower than the older PA1-4 cars! The 142's and 160's would smoke the PA5 in a race 142's and 160's takeoff is far better than the PA5's.

seats = PA5 wins

Everything else = NYCT NTT wins!

I ridden the PA5 and the seats are better than the NYCT NTT hands down! The 5's have 62/68 style bucket seating (but painted blue) I'm a fan of bucket seating so I'm glad path put those type of seats in the PA5. However maybe the train had dead motors or something but it was slower than the older PA1-4 cars! The 142's and 160's would smoke the PA5 in a race 142's and 160's takeoff is far better than the PA5's.

seats = PA5 wins

Everything else = NYCT NTT wins!

I agree 100%! It would be even better if PATH had transversed seating in their trains like the R44s. Unfortunately, the cars are too narrow and cannot fit those. In terms of race, I think that only the R142As, R143, and R160Bs (Siemens) would win the race against the PA-5s. The Alstom Propulsion on the R142s, R160As, and half of the R160Bs have slower accelerations.

is it PA5 was built by kawasaki.

that why it look like the R142A , R160B.

look the samething and same model

as the R142, R143 , R160B

l

Is the first sentence a question? If so, yes, the PA5 is being built by Kawasaki. Supposedly it was modelled off of the R142A. But it looks more like a R160.

Archived