A Hybrid on the QM15

An 18-year old RTS on the highway would be even worse. Additionally, most of the RTSs have been capped at 40-45 mph.

It takes like 5 minutes to remove the cap. I believe the top speed on an RTS or any bus powered by a series 50 is 66 mph.

Back in the QBL days, the QM1/A super express would occasionally be an RTS with the suburban seating and extra tinted windows. That was one bad ass bus lol...but the MCI classics were still cooler.

Is it  even an option to order LFS's or Excelsiors with suburban seating and reading lamps? It would make sense to use them off-peak for some EXP routes that aren't so heavily used. 

Honestly, I'm not surprised at this. I heard there was a OG on the QM21 a few weeks ago. Good catch, though.

Yep, there was one on the 21. Just waiting though for the day a CNG reappears on any of CP's or SC's routes. 

(cues HybriDrive sounds) Nice catch!I would want to ride that just for the novelty of the experience...

Eh, make sure you like rocky rides, just saying, lol

Back in the QBL days, the QM1/A super express would occasionally be an RTS with the suburban seating and extra tinted windows. That was one bad ass bus lol...but the MCI classics were still cooler.

Is it  even an option to order LFS's or Excelsiors with suburban seating and reading lamps? It would make sense to use them off-peak for some EXP routes that aren't so heavily used. 

Eh, not too fond of RTS's on the express, just didn't look right to me. Forget about putting an LFS on the Express (even with suburban seating), that'd be more of a problem then actually solve.

(inb4VG8rant)

Yep, there was one on the 21. Just waiting though for the day a CNG reappears on any of CP's or SC's routes. 

Eh, make sure you like rocky rides, just saying, lol

Eh, not too fond of RTS's on the express, just didn't look right to me. Forget about putting an LFS on the Express (even with suburban seating), that'd be more of a problem then actually solve.

(inb4VG8rant)

LOL

Yes sir!

Here's an Xcelsior Suburban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3CAJADPiQ

As for the LFS Suburban, I believe there is an option for those, but there hasn't been any shots involving the new interior setup yet.

Yes sir!

As for the LFS Suburban, I believe there is an option for those, but there hasn't been any shots involving the new interior setup yet.

Thanks! Can't say I'm a big fan of the vertical seats on EXP runs, as I've gotten squashed between many obese fellows when the 05's were used on the QM1/A. Other than that, it looks nice! I like the way the Excelsiors accelerate so I'd imagine they would be a nice ride on the LIE.

I'm still disappointed the MTS Millennium Express Coach (or whatever it was called) hasn't made it to fruition yet (or ever), that really looked like a nice suburban bus.  

Thanks! Can't say I'm a big fan of the vertical seats on EXP runs, as I've gotten squashed between many obese fellows when the 05's were used on the QM1/A. Other than that, it looks nice! I like the way the Excelsiors accelerate so I'd imagine they would be a nice ride on the LIE.

I'm still disappointed the MTS Millennium Express Coach (or whatever it was called) hasn't made it to fruition yet (or ever), that really looked like a nice suburban bus.  

Aren't we all. They couldn't get their shit together, unfortunately.

Here's an LFS suburban. I'm very impressed with the interior to be quite honest.

Aren't we all. They couldn't get their shit together, unfortunately.

Here's an LFS suburban. I'm very impressed with the interior to be quite honest.

Damn, that is nice! I like it more than the excelsior. I don't know why they insist on those seats that face each other, though, I sure as hell don't want  spend a long express bus ride avoiding the stare of someone right across from me. 

Yes sir!

I saw that bus this afternoon coming back from work. I work on the south shore of Montreal and I see those buses every day. That video was taken by a fellow Montreal area transit enthusiast, Ben Lomon.

Would it be possible to get the kind of seats we have today on MCI's onto XD40's or Nova lfs, now that would be nice

Well, if it was to be used for express buses, than yeah. However, the current arrangement should not be used (the current local bus set up). They should still follow the express bus set up.

Still would be skeptical to that though, I would just leave it as it is, IMO.

Given the constant bus swaps, some communities may not like the idea or concept.

Archived