M-8 Discussion

St Louis Car 09

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The M7s have the same trucks as the M7-As with a tiny adjustment on the Third Rail shoe and voltage.

Yeah, I see that the shoe is mounted by way of the axles, which I think looks cooler. You can see the axles spinning on an A since the shoe is mounted to the truck itself, though.

Yeah, I see that the shoe is mounted by way of the axles, which I think looks cooler. You can see the axles spinning on an A since the shoe is mounted to the truck itself, though.

Yeah because MNRR and LIRR have different third rail types. MNRR third rail pick up is from the bottom, and LIRR is on the top like the subways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
And when will these trains the M8's go into regular passenger (reveune) service at all? I thought they were supposed to be in service a year ago around late 2009.:eek:

Hopefully by november.This order is a big deal and they want to make sure its done right.The first cars have to go through 6 Months and 200,000 miles of testing.This order has been delayed many times over.

Hopefully by november.This order is a big deal and they want to make sure its done right.The first cars have to go through 6 Months and 200,000 miles of testing.This order has been delayed many times over.

I predict the M8s will get wheel flats while testing this fall, and maybe causing it to take longer. Everyone knows that fall is wheel flat season!

• 2 weeks later...