Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta list number of 1494....How Long are we talkin here....

Juelz do not listen to some that have no clue what they are talking about. You should get called up in roughly 1 to 2 years from now give or take a few months. As for the letters. The first 100 people on the list were sent out letters to come in for drug testing.

Juelz do not listen to some that have no clue what they are talking about. You should get called up in roughly 1 to 2 years from now give or take a few months. As for the letters. The first 100 people on the list were sent out letters to come in for drug testing.

I second that notion.

Yeah listen to Blath he's right. Last exam they got above list number 3000. Now no one can predict how many will be called this time but with a list number of 1492 out of like 12000, you have a realistic shot of being called within a year or two like Blath said. It seems like you scored a 96 correct? Cause that's the magic number if you ever wanna get called for the O/C exam. And there is like 600 people with that same score, maybe even more. But just hang in there man your time will come. I know you where concerned about having to drop out of school if and when they called you. Unfortunately the(MTA) will not cater to your school schedule at all, so you are going to have to either make a judgment call on accepting the job, or finding a way to make it work for you.

Yeah listen to Blath he's right. Last exam they got above list number 3000. Now no one can predict how many will be called this time but with a list number of 1492 out of like 12000, you have a realistic shot of being called within a year or two like Blath said. It seems like you scored a 96 correct? Cause that's the magic number if you ever wanna get called for the O/C exam. And there is like 600 people with that same score, maybe even more. But just hang in there man your time will come. I know you where concerned about having to drop out of school if and when they called you. Unfortunately the(MTA) will not cater to your school schedule at all, so you are going to have to either make a judgment call on accepting the job, or finding a way to make it work for you.

A female conductor I spoke with several months back remembered scoring somewhere in the high 80's and still got the call. Its all about how many openings become available as the months and years pass by. I believe for the 2004 or 05 exam was it? Transit called over 2000 people aswell, but yeah a 96 usually gets you called up for most O/C jobs.

High 80's??? That will never be seen again . You need at least a score of 96 to guarantee a call up

High 80's thats what she said. Your'e not really garanteed anything either, it's just historically likely that you might be called with a score of 96 or more. No one knows how many people will quit, retire, or be fired for the four years 8094 is active. Lets no forget the W and V lines arent active anymore.

High 80's thats what she said. Your'e not really garanteed anything either, it's just historically likely that you might be called with a score of 96 or more. No one knows how many people will quit, retire, or be fired for the four years 8094 is active. Lets no forget the W and V lines arent active anymore.

Yeah, but the statement about getting a 96 will hold very true on this exam. At least 600 people or more got a 96. My fiancée score a 94 and her list number is 3013 or something close to that. The C/R exam is very very completive more so than any other DCAS exam. I think there is at least 12000 names on this list. If I can remember correctly they where giving the exam at 2 schools per borough, both with am and pm exams. Now this is not to say someone with a lower score can't ever get called, but historically you need a higher score. And with how many people tied this list, that's gonna prove even more true this time around.

Hey im all for getting a call up at 96, infact im one of those people within range myself. However, none of the things you two have said holds any bearing or garantees you'll get a call up. Lets just be honest, the law of probability or averages, the fact that Will's girl got a 94 or that there are over 600 people with a 96 doesnt garantee anything at all. It's all about how many jobs will become available from the time of this writing until february 2015. Transit can freeze hiring, they can start calling less people every month, or a host of other nonsense can happen. We cant just follow blindly the last couple of exams and say with a 96 youre in. The only way there would be a garantee of getting called up would be to be first number on the list or if the lists didnt expire.

A female conductor I spoke with several months back remembered scoring somewhere in the high 80's and still got the call. Its all about how many openings become available as the months and years pass by. I believe for the 2004 or 05 exam was it? Transit called over 2000 people aswell, but yeah a 96 usually gets you called up for most O/C jobs.

She was probably hired from the 1993 C/R test because there was a long freeze on that list. When the freeze melted, they litterally tore through the list quickly because it had been so many years.

I hear u guys, it's unbelievable how may people scored high on this exam. I scored a 97.333% and my list number is 1215! I took the bus operator exam the same year, scored a 90% and was 180 on the list. So many more people takes the the conductor exam in comparison to the others. Thank god I was called for the bus a few months ago. But hey, if the surface doesn't work out, a call to the subway would not be a bad alternative.

Hey im all for getting a call up at 96, infact im one of those people within range myself. However, none of the things you two have said holds any bearing or garantees you'll get a call up. Lets just be honest, the law of probability or averages, the fact that Will's girl got a 94 or that there are over 600 people with a 96 doesnt garantee anything at all. It's all about how many jobs will become available from the time of this writing until february 2015. Transit can freeze hiring, they can start calling less people every month, or a host of other nonsense can happen. We cant just follow blindly the last couple of exams and say with a 96 youre in. The only way there would be a garantee of getting called up would be to be first number on the list or if the lists didnt expire.

I hear you man, but I still don't believe they will call anybody much higher than list number 3000.

She was probably hired from the 1993 C/R test because there was a long freeze on that list. When the freeze melted, they litterally tore through the list quickly because it had been so many years.

wow i wasn't aware of the long 93 hiring freeze. She struggled a bit to remember though and I asked "was it high nineties?" and she said no she scored in the high 80's and did not expect to get the job. She also told me to call transit as she believed they were already calling from O/C, I knew she was wrong but I wasn't about to argue with her over that after kindly taking the time to talk to me about job related issues while she was on duty. She did look to be possibly in her 40's so it isn't out of the question that she's from the 93 list. Anyhow, how come you can't sent private messages if I may ask?

I hear you man, but I still don't believe they will call anybody much higher than list number 3000.

Hey I hope you're right because 96 isn't anywhere near a bad score anywhere in the world and theoretically should get you a job anywhere in the public sector. I remember The Chief , some other publication and a couple of websites billing exam 8094 as some sort of god-sent opportunity because Transit was expecting an unprecedented amount of people to retire.

If that was the case then why didn't they breeze right by the promotions because even so, not everyone eligible for a promotion got it. I guess we'll know the true pace of this once were 5-6 months into it. And let's be honest, the reason why this test is so dam competitive is because Transit hardly asks for any pre-employment qualifications that your average Patrick the starfish doesn't already have, you don't even need a driver's license. The NYC Parks Department wont hire you without a license for any job even if you live around the corner and wont ever need to drive for them.

Here is some news for some of you. I sort of hate doing it because a few people I don't like will get happy from this, but most of the members don't bother me. I spoke to someone that knows 100% and this person said they will be hiring for Conductor for the rest of the year. The only way this won't happen is if something big happens to change Transit's hiring plan. Quick, some of you go change your underwear.

My assumption would be they get to at least list number 500 by the end of the year.

wow i wasn't aware of the long 93 hiring freeze. She struggled a bit to remember though and I asked "was it high nineties?" and she said no she scored in the high 80's and did not expect to get the job. She also told me to call transit as she believed they were already calling from O/C, I knew she was wrong but I wasn't about to argue with her over that after kindly taking the time to talk to me about job related issues while she was on duty. She did look to be possibly in her 40's so it isn't out of the question that she's from the 93 list. Anyhow, how come you can't sent private messages if I may ask?

Hey I hope you're right because 96 isn't anywhere near a bad score anywhere in the world and theoretically should get you a job anywhere in the public sector. I remember The Chief , some other publication and a couple of websites billing exam 8094 as some sort of god-sent opportunity because Transit was expecting an unprecedented amount of people to retire.

If that was the case then why didn't they breeze right by the promotions because even so, not everyone eligible for a promotion got it. I guess we'll know the true pace of this once were 5-6 months into it. And let's be honest, the reason why this test is so dam competitive is because Transit hardly asks for any pre-employment qualifications that your average Patrick the starfish doesn't already have, you don't even need a driver's license. The NYC Parks Department wont hire you without a license for any job even if you live around the corner and wont ever need to drive for them.

Yeah you're right, they don't even require prior work experience either. At least the T/O exam requires five years work experience and the S/A exam requires you have two years in specific customer service related jobs. If they asked for more that would lower the amount of people taking the exam and make it that you don't need a perfect score damn near to have a shot at getting the job.

"The C/R exam is very very completive more so than any other DCAS exam."

I would say Sanitation is the most cometitive exam. I got a 95 and am in the 9,000s. In other words, I have zero chance of being hired.

"The C/R exam is very very completive more so than any other DCAS exam."

I would say Sanitation is the most cometitive exam. I got a 95 and am in the 9,000s. In other words, I have zero chance of being hired.

Okay, maybe second highest competitive DCAS has to offer, LOL.

Yeah you're right, they don't even require prior work experience either. At least the T/O exam requires five years work experience and the S/A exam requires you have two years in specific customer service related jobs. If they asked for more that would lower the amount of people taking the exam and make it that you don't need a perfect score damn near to have a shot at getting the job.

I also think the test is too easy. The fact that its so "A, B, C" I think that also attributed to the high scores. When you have map in front of you, with questions like "What train/s stops at The South Ferry" LOL...not too many are gonna get that wrong

Of course it's easy. Getting a 96 should be easy if you pay attention and read and understand the words on the page. I'm not trying to be harsh, but these tests are not rocket science and requires no prior knowledge of anything except general NYC directions and the ability to read military time. They're trying to weed out the people who can't follow instructions and do basic math, esp. with the clock, fairly early on.

They weed out those who can't learn the job in schoolcar.

Of course it's easy. Getting a 96 should be easy if you pay attention and read and understand the words on the page. I'm not trying to be harsh, but these tests are not rocket science and requires no prior knowledge of anything except general NYC directions and the ability to read military time. They're trying to weed out the people who can't follow instructions and do basic math, esp. with the clock, fairly early on.

They weed out those who can't learn the job in schoolcar.

Yea I understand the "why" behind it. Just saying that the ease of the exam contributes to all the high scores so even if you get a 95 it still may not be good enough to get in..

Archived