Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Mr911blessed this incedent wasn't sealed?

I was arrested for disordely conduct a few years ago and did a couple of days of community service and stayed out of trouble for a year, and then the charge was sealed, do I have to disclose that to them??

no if your case is sealed dont have to say anything its a non criminal charge this is ok just make sure its sealed they even tell you on the paper when your hired you dont have to say anything that is sealed... only law enforcement jobs

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, well I was at livingston st yesterday. No medical. All the lady did was check my id and took a peepee test. When they call u back for final processing, you do medical and fingerprint. Btw next conductor class is june 27. Keep your phones nearby, from my understanding the call you in by telephone. Good luck everyone

Good luck raddu, I was there today, I forgot my birth certificate but they let it go. I also forgot to put down on the application sent to me in the mail that i had lived somewhere else for a year and moved back home. I will correct this on the big booklet they gave me to take home, hopefully this won't hurt me.

Good luck raddu, I was there today, I forgot my birth certificate but they let it go. I also forgot to put down on the application sent to me in the mail that i had lived somewhere else for a year and moved back home. I will correct this on the big booklet they gave me to take home, hopefully this won't hurt me.

Good luck to all who receive phone calls and peepee test lol.:tup:

Just curious, I dont recall anyone mentioning what the consequences are for failing the pepe test the first time, second time ........

If you fail the first time, that will be the only time. They have hundreds of people coming in and out of 180 Livingston a week. If you fail there is no way to dispute it because they simply just won't call you back. They may send you a letter informing you of your failure, but I highly doubt they give you a second chance. On the other hand they will give an employee a second chance to retest. But they separate your sample in two just so it can be tested twice so that way there is no doubt for passing or failure. If you feel that your dirty look into to does kits. A classmate of mines that reinstated had some beverage she was drinking that would have your pee pee show up clean for a certain amount of time. Or you can drink exuberant amounts of water and vinegar.

Its incredible to know that so many people will test positive for an illegal substance and be disqualified for a job. It's crazy that it's such a factor.

Whats so "incredible" to understand? You use drugs, you dont deserve the job where thousands and thousands of peoples lives are at stake. No one will show up with dirty urine if they dont use illegal drugs plain and simple. There is no re-test because if you couldnt get it right the first time, you cant do the job right.

"No one will show up with dirty urine if they dont use illegal drugs plain and simple."

Some prescription drugs will.

But nobody would be surprised because you will have undoubtedly told them about said prescription drugs well before the test. Or even better... be prepared to explain that you take them when they do show up.

"No one will show up with dirty urine if they dont use illegal drugs plain and simple."

Yeah and I believe somewhere on the pre-employment application it ask's you about any prescriptions you take regularly. And even though some prescriptions can show up like narcs that's why they split your sample in two. So that if the first test comes up positive for narcs, they can test the second sample against known scripts that show up like narcs. And also no one should be eating buns that contain poppy seeds before taking the urine test either.

Whats so "incredible" to understand? You use drugs, you dont deserve the job where thousands and thousands of peoples lives are at stake. No one will show up with dirty urine if they dont use illegal drugs plain and simple. There is no re-test because if you couldnt get it right the first time, you cant do the job right.

I'm not disputing that a substance abuser or even just someone experimenting doesn't deserve the job. A drug user is probably likely to screw up many times in their career/job and that's only even if they can maintain one. What I find incredible is that it's so rampant today and a significant percentage of people will be disqualified because of it when it shouldn't even be an issue because people shouldn't be using illegal substances. Quite frankly even if a person simply "cleans up" just before they take the drug test, they still don't deserve the job. If they quit then that's another story.

Those can be described as false positives and the drug testers are well aware of that. Plus before any drug test you are asked to list any medication that you take regularly or even sometimes, I'm sure the MTA does this. I'll go as far as saying that if you regularly take a prescription drug or a combination of them that shows up as a false positive narcotic, your doctor would know and tell you or it would be somewhere on the label or the pharmacy will tell you. One should worry more about getting through the regular medical/physical exam if taking such medication.

And if the results of the test are consistent with prescription drugs, the MRO will contact you for clarification about medications you have taken recently and presumably ask for documentation that you have been prescribed them.

But there are some substances that if they show up constitute an automatic fail...and "medical marijuana" for a California resident applying to work in NYCT is not a valid reason to test positive for THC.

Anyone know of a link as to what the benefits are for the MTA? As far as medical, sick/ vacation time. Retirement? Sorry if someone has already asked but I have searched and cannot find any info. Thanks in advance.

PS- I was in the 140's and went last week for my pee test. Waiting on a call.

Anyone know of a link as to what the benefits are for the MTA? As far as medical, sick/ vacation time. Retirement? Sorry if someone has already asked but I have searched and cannot find any info. Thanks in advance.

The TWU website has some good information on it.

Full medical benefits(Medical,Prescription,Dental and Vision), all after 90 days of service. You accumulate 12 sick days a year, and 4 weeks vacation after 3 years on the job. You also get a free transit pass you can use on or off duty. 401k/457b retirement plans, along with a pension. We have a 25/55 pension plan which requires you to work at least 25 years and be a minimum of 55 years old to retire with a full pension. 9 paid holidays a year, 1 personal leave day a year and you can save up to 72 hours of over time to use as days off a year. And it takes three years to reach top pay, which for C/R currently is $27.8150/hr.

If you fail the first time, that will be the only time. They have hundreds of people coming in and out of 180 Livingston a week. If you fail there is no way to dispute it because they simply just won't call you back. They may send you a letter informing you of your failure, but I highly doubt they give you a second chance. On the other hand they will give an employee a second chance to retest. But they separate your sample in two just so it can be tested twice so that way there is no doubt for passing or failure. If you feel that your dirty look into to does kits. A classmate of mines that reinstated had some beverage she was drinking that would have your pee pee show up clean for a certain amount of time. Or you can drink exuberant amounts of water and vinegar.

How the hell are you going to get on here to give advice on how to beat a drug test? You deserve to be fired for that Will. I would never knowingly board a train or any vehicle if the operator were a drug user. Certain prescription drugs should also disqualify someone. If you use drugs, too bad. You shouldn't be operating any vehicle where you can kill someone because of your drug use. Some people don't have the ability to think on this site.

I'm sooooo far down on that list, in the 900s :cry:. Of the three tests I have taken I scored highest on Conductor (97.3) yet listed 2nd lowest; scored the lowest on Station Agent (93.75) and listed the highest of my three... craziness!

That's because a lot less people take the Station Agent test, and the most take the Conductor test. You should be called for all three, but Train Operator will take the longest. Figure on about a 2 to 3 year wait.

pay no mind to him he looks to start shit

Better looking to start shit than being shit such and you and messino fu cking piece of shit sealteam shitface. Ban me now Harry you worthless fu cking loser who thinks he is fu cking god trying to control what people say on a fu cking server for pathetic virgins like xentor and donald that would have sex with a train if they could. Fu cking losers.

Will no one accused you of taking drugs, but you sure seem to be defensive about that for some reason, but what you said was not a joke and you do deserve to be fired for that. You're trying to back pedal now saying it was a joke. It's common knowledge how to make explosives if you know where to look, but it would be beyond stupid to post how to do it online. Your post is in the same area of stuff you should not post to give someone ideas. You were completely wrong there. Instead of manning up and saying you were wrong, you back pedal and say it was a joke instead of admitting it was a stupid mistake on your part. That's pretty immature. I expect that stupidity from pea brain messino shit face.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a bunch of dead animals found in messino's and sealteam shitfaces houses. Sick nasty fu cks.

Come on Harry. I dare you. Ban me prick face.

Full medical benefits(Medical,Prescription,Dental and Vision), all after 90 days of service. You accumulate 12 sick days a year, and 4 weeks vacation after 3 years on the job. You also get a free transit pass you can use on or off duty. 401k/457b retirement plans, along with a pension. We have a 25/55 pension plan which requires you to work at least 25 years and be a minimum of 55 years old to retire with a full pension. 9 paid holidays a year, 1 personal leave day a year and you can save up to 72 hours of over time to use as days off a year. And it takes three years to reach top pay, which for C/R currently is $27.8150/hr.

Um thats JUST this current Contract i can tell you this some of what you said here will probably NOT be in the Next One...

4 Weeks vacation after three yrs and that Pension Plan..

Cough Cough...

How the hell are you going to get on here to give advice on how to beat a drug test? You deserve to be fired for that Will. I would never knowingly board a train or any vehicle if the operator were a drug user. Certain prescription drugs should also disqualify someone. If you use drugs, too bad. You shouldn't be operating any vehicle where you can kill someone because of your drug use. Some people don't have the ability to think on this site.

Dude please chill out, the person asked a hypothetical question and I answered it as so. I didn't give advice I just said someone did that. And everything I mentioned is common knowledge for pot heads, that I've over heard. I have never used drugs or taken a drink in my life. Nor do I condone it. And my statement about water and vinegar was a joke as you can see by me using the term pee pee test. And the statement you made about me being fired is pretty harsh bro, not even people caught using narcotics get fired without getting counseling and rehabilitation, but no offense taken.

Dude please chill out, the person asked a hypothetical question and I answered it as so. I didn't give advice I just said someone did that. And everything I mentioned is common knowledge for pot heads, that I've over heard. I have never used drugs or taken a drink in my life. Nor do I condone it. And my statement about water and vinegar was a joke as you can see by me using the term pee pee test. And the statement you made about me being fired is pretty harsh bro, not even people caught using narcotics get fired without getting counseling and rehabilitation, but no offense taken.

pay no mind to him he looks to start shit

Archived