Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Hmm, wonder what would Jet Li and Jackie Chan would say right now?

JACKIE CHAN: Well I had creative when I fight....

JET LI: Well I was more cinematic when I fight....

BRUCE LEE: Fight Chuck Norris and call me in the morning, bros!

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get my paperwork together......

As get myself going and have my coffee. Just woke up, hence the jumbled up post. I was having a crazy dream last related to this really serious problem. She was telling me I was muttering in my sleep. Bugging out here....

Sup bro. Nice to hear from you in chat last night. Yeah it's gotten better in many ways until my insane rage of a post but life can become hectic. Prolly shouldn't have posted this to interupt the flow but damn I'm pissed ......

Nice to hear from you too, im slowly coming back on here and its great to be back! Its alright, its good to vent sometimes, y'know? Its healthy. Its rather unhealthy to instead bottle them frustrations up and not let them out

I feel you pain realizm, damn, that sounds even worse than my situation. The guy next door is an a**hole, but I don't think I've ever heard him I silting me like that. If you do sue, I hope you win. One less scum out there to ruin lives...

You still have problems with that neighbor Phil? You should do something about it, like report him to the authorities or something. Sorry that he still bothers you man.

1gcLrq7.jpg

LMFAOOOOOO!

Nice to hear from you too, im slowly coming back on here and its great to be back! Its alright, its good to vent sometimes, y'know? Its healthy. Its rather unhealthy to instead bottle them frustrations up and not let them out

To add when you are pleplexed with something or in fear of a goal you are about to fail the best thing to do is take that fear and use the emotion as your drive to remove the obstacle and take on the challenge. At that yeah sometimes i can't even look at a computer I see so many of them all day. With issues in ned of fixing.

Guess u saw the posts.In major shit right now. When it rains it pours. Man that sounds so cliche

Damn, I feel stupid as hell. I've lived in Southern California for 17 years and as a resulf I've been commuting between the suburbs of the Inland Empire to and from Los Angeles via transit. Out of the options avalible to me I regularly use the local bus systems as I always saw that as the cheapest option.

It was only today that I found out that with any Metrolink ticket (even a one way "single ride") can be used in all transit agencies within Los Angeles County with no restriction on the amount of trips. So if I wanted to, I could by $10.00 round trip ticket from the Pedley station (withing a mile walking distance from my house) and ride out to Downtown Pomona (just over the Los Angeles county line).

In comparison that would be similar to having a standard MNRR or LIRR ticket function as a one day unlimited.

While I'm pleased with the option, I'm pissed with myself as I never knew about it until now. Here I sit thinking of all the time I've wasted riding through up to four counties via bus with just miniscule time savings.

In any event, considering my quarter is nearly over I may head out to LA more often now that I'm aware of the Metrolink option.

Damn I got SATs next saturday ugh :(

Why does entrance to college have to be decided on a stupid test.. That doesn't measure the amount of ability one can put in accurately imo.

LOL... I didn't even take SATs and I got in just fine and graduated Summa C u m Laude.   :P

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I took the SATs and ended up going to a two year school (that I still miss) anyway... unless you're aiming for some super elite Ivy league school, SATs really don't matter much.  I don't know about CUNY other than that the registration is competitive as hell for almost every school.

Almost everything job-related these days is about knowing the right person or knowing someone high up.  It might explain all the braindead idiots we have keeping people with experience and skills out of the jobs they deserve.  I can't put my foot in the door anymore with the whole being a minority-within-a-minority thing...

As for Mr. perfect, I've thought about just stopping but I have absolutely no background in anything else.  The MTA is on a hiring freeze right now (or something), they still require a good 3-5 years work experience and NICE's wages are nowhere near capable of supporting someone with the cost of living here.  Plus, they require a driver's license (still a work in progress) and a CDL?  I'm not going through that shit again.  Hell, a backup driver for my school who operates the shuttles graduated from there almost two years ago and has to hold down two jobs just to stay afloat, on top of him putting in applications almost everywhere only to get denied every time.  All these idiot politicians keep claiming that they're helping but why do I still see hundreds of people just around my town alone struggling to survive or working a job that 20 years ago would have been held by a high school student for a year?

I took the SATs and ended up going to a two year school (that I still miss) anyway... unless you're aiming for some super elite Ivy league school, SATs really don't matter much.  I don't know about CUNY other than that the registration is competitive as hell for almost every school.

Almost everything job-related these days is about knowing the right person or knowing someone high up.  It might explain all the braindead idiots we have keeping people with experience and skills out of the jobs they deserve.  I can't put my foot in the door anymore with the whole being a minority-within-a-minority thing...

As for Mr. perfect, I've thought about just stopping but I have absolutely no background in anything else.  The MTA is on a hiring freeze right now (or something), they still require a good 3-5 years work experience and NICE's wages are nowhere near capable of supporting someone with the cost of living here.  Plus, they require a driver's license (still a work in progress) and a CDL?  I'm not going through that shit again.  Hell, a backup driver for my school who operates the shuttles graduated from there almost two years ago and has to hold down two jobs just to stay afloat, on top of him putting in applications almost everywhere only to get denied every time.  All these idiot politicians keep claiming that they're helping but why do I still see hundreds of people just around my town alone struggling to survive or working a job that 20 years ago would have been held by a high school student for a year?

lol@ Mr. Perfect... Well that's the recession for ya... Lots of people are in college just because the economy is so crappy...

lol@ Mr. Perfect... Well that's the recession for ya... Lots of people are in college just because the economy is so crappy...

Quoted for the win...my supervisor said that a few times.  I guess that's why I had the special privilege of having a well paying job plus being in school at the same time.

Also on the SAT thing, here's something for you guys, I did horribly on the SAT's and I got into a 4-year CUNY with GED. ;D 

Quoted for the win...my supervisor said that a few times.  I guess that's why I had the special privilege of having a well paying job plus being in school at the same time.

Also on the SAT thing, here's something for you guys, I did horribly on the SAT's and I got into a 4-year CUNY with GED. ;D 

lol... Hell I was offered a scholarship to go this college up by Ithaca... Stupid me... I didn't take it... I previously had never heard of the college before and I was set on going to Boston University, which my mom did not care for ( <_<since it was far away, so I went as far away as I could up by Montréal...  :lol: I don't see too many colleges not accepting people because of some stupid SAT score unless they're Ivy Leagues or something. I mean I graduated with Honors from high school and had three 4.0 semesters in college (with a 3.92 GPA overall) so that test doesn't mean everything. 

lol... Hell I was offered a scholarship to go this college up by Ithaca... Stupid me... I didn't take it... I previously had never heard of the college before and I was set on going to Boston University, which my mom did not care for ( <_<since it was far away, so I went as far away as I could up by Montréal...  :lol: I don't see too many colleges not accepting people because of some stupid SAT score unless they're Ivy Leagues or something. I mean I graduated with Honors from high school and had three 4.0 semesters in college (with a 3.92 GPA overall) so that test doesn't mean everything. 

Pretty much, I'd say the SAT scores are worth more towards scholarships and what you said, the higher top tier schools.  Should have went to Ithaca, haha, I met some good people from there.  BU isn't that bad either, had a lot of friends go there as well.  Unfortunately for me, I messed up during my high school years so CUNY is the way to go for me.

Pretty much, I'd say the SAT scores are worth more towards scholarships and what you said, the higher top tier schools.  Should have went to Ithaca, haha, I met some good people from there.  BU isn't that bad either, had a lot of friends go there as well.  Unfortunately for me, I messed up during my high school years so CUNY is the way to go for me.

I imagine it's fine, but I didn't want to go to some rinky dink school either...

Lots of people are in college just because the economy is so crappy...

...and acquaintances feel some type of way about me saying that college is the biggest god damn scam going.....

The economy is as shitty as it is, yet people are putting themselves in DEBT in their career quest/job quest by going to college....

There's your catch-22.

Lengthly delays finally paid off for an $800 printer I ordered… I entered the wrong address and they figured out that the address didn't even exist and didn't match the one on my credit card. I get a chance to fix it before I get hit with delivery charges to the wrong place. I wonder if I should thank the sales representative, the bank, or UPS/FedEx for noticing the error.

...and acquaintances feel some type of way about me saying that college is the biggest god damn scam going.....

The economy is as shitty as it is, yet people are putting themselves in DEBT in their career quest/job quest by going to college....

There's your catch-22.

lol... It is... The thinking process is that you can be financially covered being in college and perhaps land a higher paying job once you graduate but some people use college as a way to not work and take class after class after class... Knew this guy like that when I lived in Italy. Granted he was a bit younger than me but not by much... I used to think God is this guy's parents loaded or what because he just goes around and travels all the time and this was after I had spent months just traveling and had returned to the States. He was still doing the whole school process moving around and around... I mean I understand it's a unique experience, but I had to say to myself he's either running up and sh*tload of debt or mommy and daddy is paying for him because it is expensive living abroad especially when you're paying in dollars compared to the higherr Euro or other currencies like the pound.  I spent money but it was my own hard earned money that I worked and saved... That, student loans and a few small grants/scholarships and doing that for one semester plus traveling like that along with paying for the flat (apartment, courses, and other things) is 20 - 30k just for one semester.  

The way I see it is network with a lot of people who are all better off than I will ever be or kiss some rich North Shore resident's ass for 10 years and maybe he'll help me out.

Sure there is... You just need some connections...

As the saying goes... It's not what you know, but Who you know.....

The way I see it is network with a lot of people who are all better off than I will ever be or kiss some rich North Shore resident's ass for 10 years and maybe he'll help me out.

lol... Well this is nothing new... It's been this way for years... That's why networking is so important.  My first job I got because someone looked for me. That's generally the way it works. You get a break or someone knows someone that knows someone else.  If I were you I would be seeing what sort of connections your current college has and using them so that you can get yourself set up to get a decent job when you finish, assuming you decide to continue with your studies. 

As the saying goes... It's not what you know, but Who you know.....

Indeed... The thing that folks don't realize about college and getting a job is that college has really turned into a business. It always was but since everyone and their mother is attending these days it's become much more competitive.  I always viewed college as an investment, not only from an education perspective but a what is in it for me type of attitude because hey you're paying out a large sum of money and you see something in return from it.