Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

While we're on the subject, my mailman sucks. He never checks anybody's mailbox, unless he has something to put in them, even if the flag thingy is up. Luckily, there is a mailbox a few blocks away, so whenever anybody has to mail something, we just go directly to the mailbox down the street.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed it a while ago, but I forgot to mention it here: They knocked down the old Western Beef building by Forest & South a few weeks ago. I wonder what they'll build in its place.

That would be one of the first things I would notice when I'd take the x30 in from Manhattan....

You think they're gonna prop up apartments over there or something?

It's funny you bring up the USPS "Express Mail" vs "Priority Mail" problem. If I'm in Brooklyn or on Long Island and I want to send a package to my home in NC I must stop and think if it's worth it. My family has a P.O. Box in NC. If I'm traveling down there and have something I may need ASAP when I arrive I have a choice. If possible I can pack it in my luggage if I fly or I can mail it if I can't pack the item(s). Express Mail is guaranteed for 2nd day delivery to that town. I have tested the system and mailed one package Express Mail and the other by Priority Mail. Same size packages from the same post office in New York at the same time. Guess what ? Both packages arrive at my NC post office at the same time on the same truck driven by a neighbor of mine who works for USPS.. Using the post office tracking system I can see that they leave the NY sorting facility at the same time and arrive at the facility down there at the same time. The difference is that the Express Mail is "guaranteed", except for weather or an act of God. I've also had my Express Mail payment refunded when they've missed their delivery time. I order many things from Newegg and Amazon and I've noticed that USPS is better at delivering iin NC than UPS is in NY. If I have a choice in the matter I'd go USPS, FedEx, UPS wherever I'm at.

With USPS, I just don't like standing on that line (in the post office).... Of the (few) times I've had to ship a personal package out, more often than not it was with fedex, and I just head out to one of the dropoff facilities (I don't EVER use those dropoff boxes) & do it that way, since those lines are seldom long (at least when I see em, anyway)....

I'm sure you know of the post office over on utica & lenox..... that place stays packed from the time it opens til the time it closes, and the workers are slow as anything... Lines can get as bad to the point where you're on the sidewalk... screw all that..... It's gotten so bad that I actually walk over to the other post office on utica around Av D (it's usually emptier than the one on utica/lenox & the one on church/bedford)....

But yeah, I believe that a package shipped express & a package shipped priority ended up on the same truck & delivered at the same time... Tells you all you need to know about USPS' "express" service..... I know you said you use a PO box, but I would always tell people I know - If you're gonna ship USPS, ship priority & fill out that green card & use signature confirmation.... Instead of paying for express service....

That's the thing with having purchased items shipped online - it get can get damaged. It's happened to me

Defragment your HDD on your computer and the external HDD, just go to your search bar in the start menu and type "defragment". The 'disk defragmenter' program comes up, click on it and activate it. It may take anywhere from 30 min to 1 hour to run. Maybe longer, it depends on the state of the HDD you are dealing with. In some cases it can take all night.

Also on top of that if you right click on 'computer', then select the portable HDD listed, right click and click 'properties', click 'tools' and then under 'error checking' click 'check now' you can have Windows check for errors on the HDD. (You can get the disk defragmenter program from this method also, again defragment both the HDDs on the local machine and the portable HDD, do an error checking for both).

External drives that utilizes USB are usually somewhat slow when it comes to file transfers so it's to be expected to a degree. But if you do those two things it should overally increase the performance of the external HDD and the internal HDD on the local machine. Hoping that it is not failing on you and you may not have to trash the HDD in the can. Can't rule that out.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I know how to defragment & error check....

(I'm very computer literate, so you don't have to treat me like a dummy... I know the game w/ you techs... lol)

Seriously though, the internal HD isn't the problem, it's the external one.... I plan on defragging my internal HD once I free up some space from it... Don't know if I go out & grab a spool of DVD+/-'s & burn my stuff onto them, or just purchase another internal HD (instead of another external one).....

Anyway, my external HD uses an e-SATA connection (I know USB sucks)....

Error checking I'm hesitant in wanting to try again b/c I don't want to get into another situation where I can't access anything on the drive....

My plan is to move everything off the external HD, put some of those files on my internal HD & the rest I guess I'm gonna have to burn onto a couple DVD's..... Once I remove everything off the external HD, I was going to format it & see if that helps.... As a pessimist, I always think the worst (which would be a failing HD), so I'm planning for the worst.... Hell, I have my first external HD that died on me, as a paper-weight on my PC desk back home..... I don't need two 3-pound paper-weights on my desk... lol....

Thanks for the reply though man.

I noticed it a while ago, but I forgot to mention it here: They knocked down the old Western Beef building by Forest & South a few weeks ago. I wonder what they'll build in its place.

Meanwhile the former Pathmark below the Manny B is still standing. I dunno what is taking them so long to knock down that place. I do know is that people are still leaving their cars there and not worried about the tow trucks moving in. So right now it's free parking.

That would be one of the first things I would notice when I'd take the x30 in from Manhattan....

With USPS, I just don't like standing on that line (in the post office).... Of the (few) times I've had to ship a personal package out, more often than not it was with fedex, and I just head out to one of the dropoff facilities (I don't EVER use those dropoff boxes) & do it that way, since those lines are seldom long (at least when I see em, anyway)....

I'm sure you know of the post office over on utica & lenox..... that place stays packed from the time it opens til the time it closes, and the workers are slow as anything... Lines can get as bad to the point where you're on the sidewalk... screw all that..... It's gotten so bad that I actually walk over to the other post office on utica around Av D (it's usually emptier than the one on utica/lenox & the one on church/bedford)....

But yeah, I believe that a package shipped express & a package shipped priority ended up on the same truck & delivered at the same time... Tells you all you need to know about USPS' "express" service..... I know you said you use a PO box, but I would always tell people I know - If you're gonna ship USPS, ship priority & fill out that green card & use signature confirmation.... Instead of paying for express service....

Yes, I know how to defragment & error check....

(I'm very computer literate, so you don't have to treat me like a dummy... I know the game w/ you techs... lol)

Seriously though, the internal HD isn't the problem, it's the external one.... I plan on defragging my internal HD once I free up some space from it... Don't know if I go out & grab a spool of DVD+/-'s & burn my stuff onto them, or just purchase another internal HD (instead of another external one).....

Anyway, my external HD uses an e-SATA connection (I know USB sucks)....

Error checking I'm hesitant in wanting to try again b/c I don't want to get into another situation where I can't access anything on the drive....

My plan is to move everything off the external HD, put some of those files on my internal HD & the rest I guess I'm gonna have to burn onto a couple DVD's..... Once I remove everything off the external HD, I was going to format it & see if that helps.... As a pessimist, I always think the worst (which would be a failing HD), so I'm planning for the worst.... Hell, I have my first external HD that died on me, as a paper-weight on my PC desk back home..... I don't need two 3-pound paper-weights on my desk... lol....

Thanks for the reply though man.

My fault. 

Then yeah your hard drive is dying. Shit sucks but yeah it seems like that the HDD is down for the count. 

Meanwhile the former Pathmark below the Manny B is still standing. I dunno what is taking them so long to knock down that place. I do know is that people are still leaving their cars there and not worried about the tow trucks moving in. So right now it's free parking.

I think you might have answered your own question... lol....

I looked it up, and it's going to be a Harbor Freight Tools store (which doesn't make much sense to me because there's already a Lowe's and Home Depot a couple of blocks in either direction). But apparently, there's one in NJ that a lot of SIers are going out to.

My original guess would've been townhouses, though. I can't see them building any (new) apartments in that area, because of how far it is from St. George, but there's definitely been a lot of townhouse construction in recent years (that area's actually one of the quickest-growing areas in the city because of that)

There's also supposed to be a Fine Fare supermarket by Bay & Victory (You know those orange condos over there? It's supposed to be a part of that complex). I know I said I hate the SI Advance because of their crappy reporting, but it was the first link that showed up when I did the search, so.....

Looking back, a lot has changed since I've moved out here. A Pizza Hut (by Forest & Van Pelt) because a Pollo Tropical, which became a Nathan's. A Waldbaum's became a King Kullen which became a Stop & Shop. A C-Town opened in Port Richmond by the library, and a Trader Joe's opened in Heartland Village by Nome Avenue after a car dealership closed down. And that's just off the top of my head. (Plus, I heard that a lot of the shopping along Forest Avenue opened up in the early 2000s, just before I moved out here).

Actually, that old Western Beef has been vacant for around 6 years. They moved to their location a few blocks east (Maple Parkway) around 2007 or so.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Yeah I'm the type that likes to wake up early in the morning and watch the sun rise. I used to be a night owl ,sleeping all day and party all night during my years when I was a crazed party animal, but not anymore. As the saying goes" Things change so does people".

Yeah I'm the type that likes to wake up early in the morning and watch the sun rise. I used to be a night owl ,sleeping all day

Same for me. Mornings are the best. There are virtually no crowds to contend with as I'm jogging at the beach during the sunrise, or working out at the gym as everyone else is still sleeping or heading to work.

As the saying goes" Things change so does people".

Changing a bit everyday is my way of living. I mean… everyone has plenty of time to not change after they're dead.

Edited by CenSin

Same for me. Mornings are the best. There are virtually no crowds to contend with as I'm jogging at the beach during the sunrise, or working out at the gym as everyone else is still sleeping or heading to work.

Changing a bit everyday is my way of living. I mean… everyone has plenty of time to not change after they're dead.

Dang out of reps. +1 for the record, I owe you one. (Dished it all out on the great pics being posted by the photographers this morning and the past week that I missed)

You know it. That's how we both have to survive in this crazy dog eat dog IT field. And indeed in life in itself. The only way a person can shape his or her future and make it happen is to shape the present and confront the challenges. With this mindset many of us have on this, the sky's the limit. With no barriers we cannot overcome.

Edited by realizm

Oh god, I hate my neighbor. I know now is Friday, but this shit with these 12am and after parties has gone for too long (basically its been like an on and off thing since the start of the year or like 2-3 days a week). The guy is a scary looking dude, sorta ex con like (so I ain't approaching him by myself), and there's like 2 other guys living with him. but I'm also a little worried about the possible repercussions (revenge type shit) of I were to go to the cops and report him.

I dunno what to do, but otoh I'm starting to lose my sanity over the lack of sleep and peace.

Rant. Grand Concourse, sup. Take heed to this post.

Kitten and I are going for an order to show cause last night then definitely co to civil court and sue his ass until he's homeless and unemployed after my f**king landlord called my girl an Asian slut after an arguement and started harassing us both, I refused to pay the rent (I still have the submitted checks, 4 months worth of them) as a result after refusing to rectify the situation to stop the noise my tenant upstairs, the weed smoking etc. and refusing to do repairs. Similar to your situation.

I'm wasting money here taking a day off, getting my papers together to get it done. This bastard actually went to court and filed a petition. Now of course i can move out simple as that, got the cash but hey now it's personal. This retard of a landlord works as a psych nurse. Now he knows I have bipolar and my girl has PTSD (She was raped as a teen). And this prick has the nerve to call my girl a sellout Asian bitch? She begged to stop me from f**king this guy up. yeah it happened again since the last time I posted a month ago. Guess what? I just sent a very nasty letter to his supervisor at his hospital at Bronx Lebanon in attempts to ruin his credibility at the job. A psych nurse and he is verbally attacking a sufferer of PTSD, forget myself. Yeah the power of the pen she suggested not the fist. So that's how I'm handling this situation. 

I'm starting a lawsuit suing for no less than 10,000 big time dollars. Yes I am. Don,t care. Of course yeah move out, but guess what I hate this bastard to the point sometimes I just feel like coming to this f****r's door with a bat. I work long hours, I was supporting my mom and my girl and working six day weeks just to handle that, car payments etc etc. Now as it goes through i will have to find an affidavit to submit the order for this bitch to show up in court so I can cause wreck in court. I hope i don't just jump the bench and punch this guy in the face IN court

Dont f**k with MQ. You are playing with fire. He will learn this shit real fast. Watch the militant Asian/angry Black man/crazy Indian come out of me all at once and unleash a freaking Sandy like hurricane at this landlord's ass and financially ruin his life for nearly causing me to lose my job last year, straight up harassment (My kitten girl called the cops on him now twice), I suspect he slashed my tires on my f**king Honda Accord which I reported to the NYPD. I can't freaking drive now my damn car is in the shop. This shit just happened.

Yeah ruin his financial life, then move out. Why am I doing this? Again, it's becoming personal, it's not exactly about buying out time to reup on cash or abuse the system. I have a blind hate for this landlord and I am about to attack and not stop until he reaches insanity. Yeah once I have a grudge with someone I can become like a demon. (Sort of like as the late Biggie Smalls was saying in his lyrics) I am not taking this shit.

Yeah my IT department and managers are rooting for me which is great. My supervisors said take today off with pay and call in as needed to rectify the situation. That was why I kept the helpdesk job, for this reason. I'm also between contracts by the way.

So there you go GC.

Yeah but its been kinda dry lately on here.nothing new to talk about lol

Read above post. I have alot to talk about, now I do this bitch landlord slashed my f**king tires! Fuming.... I'm ready to go and smash his damn windows on his SUV! And kick down his door and f**k this guy up. My anger is showing in my posts even no wonder, look at this shit I am going through. Calling my girl a sellout Asian bitch behind my back. He's lucky I didnt stab this f**king herb

Edited by realizm

Let me get my paperwork together......

As get myself going and have my coffee. Just woke up, hence the jumbled up post. I was having a crazy dream last related to this really serious problem. She was telling me I was muttering in my sleep. Bugging out here....

Man I haven't been on here in ages!

Seems like the site has gotten better too  :)

Sup bro. Nice to hear from you in chat last night. Yeah it's gotten better in many ways until my insane rage of a post but life can become hectic. Prolly shouldn't have posted this to interupt the flow but damn I'm pissed ......

Edited by realizm

Kitten and I are going for an order to show cause last night then definitely co to civil court and sue his ass until he's homeless and unemployed after my f**king landlord called my girl an Asian slut after an arguement and started harassing us both, I refused to pay the rent (I still have the submitted checks, 4 months worth of them) as a result after refusing to rectify the situation to stop the noise my tenant upstairs, the weed smoking etc. and refusing to do repairs. Similar to your situation.

I'm wasting money here taking a day off, getting my papers together to get it done. This bastard actually went to court and filed a petition. Now of course i can move out simple as that, got the cash but hey now it's personal. This retard of a landlord works as a psych nurse. Now he knows I have bipolar and my girl has PTSD (She was raped as a teen). And this prick has the nerve to call my girl a sellout Asian bitch? She begged to stop me from f**king this guy up. yeah it happened again since the last time I posted a month ago. Guess what? I just sent a very nasty letter to his supervisor at his hospital at Bronx Lebanon in attempts to ruin his credibility at the job. A psych nurse and he is verbally attacking a sufferer of PTSD, forget myself. Yeah the power of the pen she suggested not the fist. So that's how I'm handling this situation. 

I'm starting a lawsuit suing for no less than 10,000 big time dollars. Yes I am. Don,t care. Of course yeah move out, but guess what I hate this bastard to the point sometimes I just feel like coming to this f****r's door with a bat. I work long hours, I was supporting my mom and my girl and working six day weeks just to handle that, car payments etc etc. Now as it goes through i will have to find an affidavit to submit the order for this bitch to show up in court so I can cause wreck in court. I hope i don't just jump the bench and punch this guy in the face IN court

Dont f**k with MQ. You are playing with fire. He will learn this shit real fast. Watch the militant Asian/angry Black man/crazy Indian come out of me all at once and unleash a freaking Sandy like hurricane at this landlord's ass and financially ruin his life for nearly causing me to lose my job last year, straight up harassment (My kitten girl called the cops on him now twice), I suspect he slashed my tires on my f**king Honda Accord which I reported to the NYPD. I can't freaking drive now my damn car is in the shop. This shit just happened.

Yeah ruin his financial life, then move out. Why am I doing this? Again, it's becoming personal, it's not exactly about buying out time to reup on cash or abuse the system. I have a blind hate for this landlord and I am about to attack and not stop until he reaches insanity. Yeah once I have a grudge with someone I can become like a demon. (Sort of like as the late Biggie Smalls was saying in his lyrics) I am not taking this shit.

Yeah my IT department and managers are rooting for me which is great. My supervisors said take today off with pay and call in as needed to rectify the situation. That was why I kept the helpdesk job, for this reason. I'm also between contracts by the way.

So there you go GC.

You're in a no win situation.  My suggestion would be to move out and save yourself the grief before it crosses the line.  My landlord has been pretty cool so far. He apparently owns quite a bit of property here in Riverdale and so he's not up tight for cash so the office takes their time processing my payments... In other words real laid back, which your situation is not...

If I were you I would start looking for a place because usually some landlords want references from your previous landlord and obviously this guy isn't going to give you anything with this situation brewing.  You may be able to make a stink about the repairs not being done (which I would imagine you already documented), but as for the harassment, that will just be he said she said unless you have hard proof showing that and in most cases I would think a judge would look to have you guys settle before getting into monetary damages.  However if you have proof of serious harassment you may be able to recoup some monetary damages.

With that said if the repairs are serious enough and you've documented them you could argue that you are withholding rent until the repairs are done OR you may be able to hire someone to come in and do the repairs and deduct it from the rent so long as you get receipts for the repairs.  Another possibility is showing that your living situation is unbearable and seeing if the judge will allow you to keep at least some of the rent money so that you can look for another place.  Again you would need to show proof that your living conditions are such that you have no choice but to move out.  Show proof of the repair problems, harassment and so forth and if you still have a lease perhaps you'll be allowed to break it early but these are all scenarios that may or may not play out.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I feel you pain realizm, damn, that sounds even worse than my situation. The guy next door is an a**hole, but I don't think I've ever heard him I silting me like that. If you do sue, I hope you win. One less scum out there to ruin lives...

lol... You're lucky because me and my neighbor would be going at it if he made noise like that.  Now he likes to play his music and such but after a certain time that music goes off or at least down because we just don't do those things in my building and it's written in our leases that loud music and noise will not be tolerated.  Folks are generally considerate and if they aren't, they'll know about it.  Actually most of us aren't home anyway and if we are usually we're not home at the same time, so it works out nicely.  When I'm not home he'll play his music and when I come in he'll turn it down, but then again he knows that I have a temper because I have lost it a few times for other things unrelated to the building and he's heard me yelling. lol

I have a neighbor across from me that has a few dogs and one of them would bark incessantly and I used to start cursing sometimes out in the hallway (usually things like STFU lol) because I'd come home tired from work and as soon as I get in and start making my way to my apartment all I would hear is that little damn dog barking as if it was my dog and he was excited to hear my coming in.  The thing is he would bark for any little thing and go on and on and considering how quiet our building is it was rather irritating at times.   The other day I was outside getting a package and she comes over after parking her car and said how she got rid of the dog because it was making so much noise and I started laughing but more so at her actions because she made a point to tell me about it and how we could all get some sleep now, not that the dog ever stopped me from sleeping because my neighbor above me rarely makes any noise, so much so that you'd think no one lived over me. lol  It was kind of her way of saying yeah I know you hated that damn dog for making so much noise and I apologize without actually saying so.

So there you go GC.

Read above post. I have alot to talk about, now I do this bitch landlord slashed my f**king tires! Fuming.... I'm ready to go and smash his damn windows on his SUV! And kick down his door and f**k this guy up. My anger is showing in my posts even no wonder, look at this shit I am going through. Calling my girl a sellout Asian bitch behind my back. He's lucky I didnt stab this f**king herb

First off, major props to both yourself and Keiko for keeping cool through this situation. Believe me, in situations like this it's much more beneficial to take the "legal route".

Second, with you bringing your situation to light it does tend to explain your slightly erratic conduct as of late. No disrespect intended, by the way.

Continuing with the topic at hand, in my opinion it would be in your best interest to find another residence as soon as possible. Doing so will help prevent any escalating or further conflicts. Besides, you can always f**k him up in court later.

Which reminds me, you're looking to take this to civil court? In my opinion it would be less risky and more beneficial to take it up with small claims, but if you feel that civil court is best than go with it. Obviously if you are looking for compensation, expect less from a small claims court.

You do have a good basis for a lawsuit against your landlord considering all the factors involved, however if it just goes back and forth between the plaintiff (yourself and whoever else immediately involved) and the defendant (your landlord presumably) then it's possible civil court may choose to not even entertain the case. For that reason I feel small claims would be best. Again, where you choose to go is your choice.

Also, I feel I should stress this somewhat, do not exercise any physical violence toward your landlord or anyone else in the situation. The last thing you want is to f**k up the case you've been building against this guy. As I said, it's much more beneficial to go the "legal route".

Lastly, take care, and I hope to hear a positive update on your situation.

Regards.

Thanks guys. At this non-profit bldg right now printing documents and emails because my friggin stupid laser printer ran out of toner, and got no time to run to best buy wished i checked on that earlier. When it rain it pours. Got to print out documents. Then heading to landloard tenant court.

The stragedy is to file a civil court lawsuit in addition to a order to show cause in response to his non payment petition to cockblock the non payment petition so as for him not to f**k up my credit rating. That's the goal among other things. I have documentation: I recorded the conversations we had and put it in a series of documents in MS word as a script. Second, printed out doctor's letters related to my condition as well as Keiko. The judge can order records from the NYPD precient to gather up documentation of the harrassment Keiko was recieving when she called the cops, she couldnt write up police reports thanks to a Bloomberg mandate. I did write the police report just now for the slashed tires on my car this morning when Keiko saw it this morning waking me up. Investigation is ongoing.  I will request that as well. Also printing up pics I took showing the refusal for him to fix my windows. lastly copies of all my witheld checks and also the harrassing emails.

Then I am going to file in both courts, try anyway, for the lawsuit it takes 20 dollars to file as I find a lawyer as quickly as possible. I will not need one for landlord/tenant but will need one for the lawsuit. Keiko may have to handle it since I cant continuously take days off BUT she is working and going to school. not sure how to find the time to do this and neither is she.

Nice the printers is going printing shitload of documents on this Xerox 7700 all in one. Might have to take tomm off but my manager knows already and got me covered, just called him. Good man.

So yeah posting as i am printing out the court forms and documentation to present as proof simuntaneously. If I win this at least in landlord /tenant, then my credit rating is safe, I hope.

Not sure if this will work but i will try, at least if i win the case in housing court, the landlord cannot collect and I should be OK in case i have to go through a screening process in looking for a new apt. This is screwing up my whole process here with my planned move to BK

@ Turbo: yeah I've been a bit bugged out latelty with the posts I take the blame for that, glad to see you see why now. Once this drama is overwith, I can cool down and chill a bit and come back to my normal self

Heading out. Wish me the best.

Edited by realizm

If and when you do go for another place, I'd be sure to ask anything and everything and try to make sure you get confirmations with the actual owner and not the broker, even if the broker is close with the owner.  I think it's a good idea to scope out the area you're interested in and then go look for places, which is what I did.  It's funny because the block that I'm on I wasn't wild about at first when I went for a visit but it was dark when I was on the block so I couldn't really see the charm, but it's great here.  Once you get a feel for the area (and go during various parts of the day and night), once you start looking for a place and see something, I would then do research on the building to see what you can find out about the owner, which is what I did. Look to see how things are upkept and so on and take pictures or video if you must.  I would also pay attention to how well screened you are.  You don't want to live with folks that just sit at home and smoke weed and drink all day.  <_< That's another reason that my building is so quiet because it's mainly young professionals like myself and they're usually out working so you don't see folks hanging outside and in front of the building and all of that. 

I always say go with your gut feeling.  If the place speaks to you and you can see yourself in it then go for it.

Yeah exactly VG8, that's what I have to do when looking for a place: Screen the area and the tenants. make sure they are professionals and not people that just... well s u sad.

The court may give me an extension. I was advised to send a email to the landlord asking to accept a partial payment. I was told that all I have to give is 2 dollars, and show proof that I am looking for a place which I have already. But I will have to open up a harrassment case now. The thing is if the landlord refuses to accept a partial payment, then he's f**king himself because the judge will offer me an extension so I can take on your suggestions. But kitty is scared shitless of this guy. But then again i don't want to go from the frying pan into the fire. Next date is the 30th, the vacate date.

I'll just have to go for the extension and then hustle and move out. I can stop the eviction if I need more time. So that's the short version of what happened. Strange, I actually feel a strange sense of calm right now.

So plan: Give the landlord 2 dollars, and show proof I am looking for an apt and need more time after the 30th. If it works out the eviction will be stopped. Pissed as I am I don't think I will even have time to start a lawsuit. So ultimately get some extra time and move the f**k out, best solution. Just still I want to get back with this guy, but sometimes I guess I have to cut my losses and move on.

@B35 via Church: Thanks for the reply! My head's straight now.