Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got off the M15 SBS...rode it from end to end and it only too k41 mins. Not bad :tup:. While walking around 126 St Depot out of complete boredomness, theis is what I see...

1. 5063 with half the bumper falling off

2. 4345 with a straight stripe (I thought I was seeing things at first lol)

3. That History Channel billboard

its just a design nova introduced on the LFS and kept with it since IIRC 1995-1996

It still looks weird

:) HAPPY BOXING DAY!!!! :)

Also, I rode the full length of the Q35 (round-trip) for the first time yesterday! In hindsight, the trip probably would have been better done when the sun was actually out, but oh well :P

Both of my Q35 B/Os seemed to be a little lagging sometimes, but at least we went fast over the bridge ;).

Also, when turning from Newport Ave onto B147th St heading towards Brooklyn, the bus had almost no space. First, the B/O had to make sure we didn't hit this tree right near the road as we were turning, then we bumped into some Christmas trees on those narrow island-things right in the middle of the street - don't worry, nothing got destroyed, but wow. I'd hate to be driving the Q35 and having to maneuver like that.

Might I suggest the HTC HD2? It's pretty much like the EVO, which pawns the iPhone any day of the week!

Not a chance, very strong #2 though. :P

I will say that Windows Phone 7 is highly boring though, don't know about 6.5.

In other news, this storm is psychotic, the snow is blowing in every direction horizontally, you can't see. :eek:

5294586078_66b31f00b3_b.jpg

This pic does this thing no justice, it really does not look like how it does on camera. I doubt I'm going back outside after this mile long assault I went through.

I opened the door of my friends house, and the snow is covered up halfway up the door. Add that to the fact that there's no (J) or (M) trains means that I'm not going anywhere no time soon. I would've took the Q24 home but guess what...they cut the Bway segment (I'm right by the old last stop). Time to break out the hot chocolate :P

lol. What makes him so significant?

If you don't know him personally, you wouldn't understand. He has worked everything, from SBK to all the Museum cars and he knows his stuff. He's a good friend of mine and even though he has been retired for some time now, he is better then any T/O school car could ever hope to create.

I'm finally back in my house...a 15-minute commute turned into damn near 2 hours. Buses frozen everywhere, streets unplowed, its crazy..my block looks untouched but the 2 main streets at either end (Central & Evergreen Avs) were plowed and made my block isolated from the world with 4 foot snow banks..glad I'm home but I gotta work later in the afternoon :cry:

LIRR has been down for like 2 days, haven't seen a bus in like 2 days either. There's no way for anyone to get to work since whatever street is paved has only one lane paved, other stuff isn't paved at all. I saw a SUV being blown down the block by the wind, a stranded Access-A-Ride bus and a couple of cars stranded.