Major changes on the (A)/(C) lines happening soon

trainspot12

No, that article is from b4 the decision was made to evaluate the R-44 fleet for retirement. The "overhaul" did not solve the R-44 problems that are causing the possible retirement. If the decision is made the retire the R-44 fleet, the SIR R-44s will not automatically be exempt.

The SI R44s were evaluated too, prior to being overhauled. They were originally going to have an entirely new SIR fleet in by this year into 2011, but the SIR R44s were good enough to run through for another few years with a overhaul so they chose that instead. This retirement, if it's even true would only immediately effect the subway's R44s as they do NOT have replacements for the SI fleets.

Have you even ridden in any of the overhauled SIR R44s yet?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The SI R44s were evaluated too, prior to being overhauled. They were originally going to have an entirely new SIR fleet in by this year into 2011, but the SIR R44s were good enough to run through for another few years with a overhaul so they chose that instead. This retirement, if it's even true would only immediately effect the subway's R44s as they do NOT have replacements for the SI fleets.

I last rode an SMSed R44 on the SIR in July; it's been a while since I've touched SIR at all, to be frank.

The NYCT R-44s were also good enough to run until the R-179s were to come in to replace them - until that changed. Just like it has changed for the SIR R-44 cars. The SIR R-44 fleet is in danger of retirement just like the NYCT R-44 fleet is. Riding the "overhauled" cars does not tell you that the problems have been solved.

Aren't the 32's, 40m/40s, and 42's the same size - 60 feet? Why were people running long distances if the cars are the same size?

R32 have C/R controls in every cab, R40/42s only have C/R controls in the "B" ends. This caused them to have two different C/R positions.

R32 have C/R controls in every cab, R40/42s only have C/R controls in the "B" ends. This caused them to have two different C/R positions.

Remember the fact that the c/r's position wasn't the only thing changed, but also the stopping positions of the trains. They had all the 4, 6, 8 and 10 car stop markers replaced with a universal "S". In many stations, this made the trains stop in a more forward position in the stations and a less centered one, as was mentioned earlier.

Okay, I spoke to somebody (Not an TSS) That works down there and they told me something diffrent, I don't know how you think that the R44's will go to the (C), The only way to find this out is if the (C) runs this weekend, and if you see more than 3 trainsets of R32's on the (A), If they had more R32's then you can make the (C) 600" but if the TA keeps some R44's then they will have enough, If they wipe out all the R44's then the (C) might have to stay the same, They might have no choice anyway because Jamaica might need 2 Trainsets of R32's back plus that R32's at CI for that (M)/(V) combo,

We will have to wait and see before we start thinking, Because If I see an 8 car (C) train on saturday then This swap is not happening

Read This By the way:

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=897292

Even though I posted this information, I tend to agree with ZMan. I seriously doubted that the C would become full length next week as it would have been too soon. So yeah, its just a wait and see thing to see if this actually happens. Sorry about this information.

I did hear that they are not doing that but we will have to wait and see

But R44's are going bye-bye.

The difference is the mainline R44s can be replaced by other spare subway cars.

Thr SIR R44s can ONLYbe replaced by FRA-compliant rolling stock, and there aren't any replacements on hand.

So all the Mainline R44s can be kicked out of service right now if the MTA really wanted to and replaced with other fleets, but the SIR fleet needs to wait for new build.

None of what was said in the original post of this thread is true. The R44 inspection has not even been finished as of yet. No decisions have been made. The original poster here is either lying or he's a victim of MTA employees who like to mess with railbuffs' heads with false rumors.

The R44's are safe, for now. Take that to the bank. Always remember, the internet is more of a disinformation superhighway than anything else :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

None of what was said in the original post of this thread is true. The R44 inspection has not even been finished as of yet. No decisions have been made. The original poster here is either lying or he's a victim of MTA employees who like to mess with railbuffs' heads with false rumors.

The R44's are safe, for now. Take that to the bank. Always remember, the internet is more of a disinformation superhighway than anything else :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I lol'd.

Okay, I spoke to somebody (Not an TSS) That works down there and they told me something diffrent, I don't know how you think that the R44's will go to the (C), The only way to find this out is if the (C) runs this weekend, and if you see more than 3 trainsets of R32's on the (A), If they had more R32's then you can make the (C) 600" but if the TA keeps some R44's then they will have enough, If they wipe out all the R44's then the (C) might have to stay the same, They might have no choice anyway because Jamaica might need 2 Trainsets of R32's back plus that R32's at CI for that (M)/(V) combo,

We will have to wait and see before we start thinking, Because If I see an 8 car (C) train on saturday then This swap is not happening

Read This By the way:

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=897292

Jeez, the BS just keeps stacking up.

Stop the rumor mongering. We can all confirm the R44 will be retired when:

A: Train Dude confirms it.

B: The begin to disappear.

Until then, SHUT UP! (Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)

Well how do we know what you say is true as well? ftr, I'm not even going to bother guessing about this anymore. I'll just see it for myself eventually.

Also lol at the title, gotta be from subchat :P

Well how do we know what you say is true as well? Also lol at the title, gotta be from subchat :P

Yes, I am only here to throw cold water on stupid rumors which are now infesting Subchat.

The only things I have definitively stated are things Train Dude has previously stated. I tend to trust him, especially with BS rumors about the cars he is employed to care for.

:deadhorse:

Even though I posted this information, I tend to agree with ZMan. I seriously doubted that the C would become full length next week as it would have been too soon. So yeah, its just a wait and see thing to see if this actually happens. Sorry about this information.

Jeez, the BS just keeps stacking up.

Stop the rumor mongering. We can all confirm the R44 will be retired when:

A: Train Dude confirms it.

B: The begin to disappear.

Until then, SHUT UP! (Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)(Z)

Yes, I am only here to throw cold water on stupid rumors which are now infesting Subchat.

The only things I have definitively stated are things Train Dude has previously stated. I tend to trust him, especially with BS rumors about the cars he is employed to care for.

:deadhorse:

You know, I think there's something Train Dude may not be telling us, which I don't have a problem at all with for a person of his caliber. The way I see it, he doesn't want to "leak" the actual truth until this retirement, if it is true, actually goes down.

The way I see it, it's best if we take a "wait and see" stance. Next week is right around the corner, it can't hurt to wait.

I will repost as much as necessary. Is it too much to ask to wait a week to SEE whether it will happen or not? If yes, we're in the money! If no, bash the OP (civilly though) for the misconstrued info.

Remember the fact that the c/r's position wasn't the only thing changed, but also the stopping positions of the trains. They had all the 4, 6, 8 and 10 car stop markers replaced with a universal "S". In many stations, this made the trains stop in a more forward position in the stations and a less centered one, as was mentioned earlier.

Where the cars stopped only changed because of where the conductors position was located. R42s had to stop at the 10 car marker so the C/R would line up with the regular board.

Very obvious that 600' (C) trains not happening next week or following week or any week in very near future.

:tdown::tdown::tdown: @ people spreading ignorance

:tdown::tdown::tdown: @ people even considering ignorance

Think what you want. Also, what is it with all the new members going ape shit over what they think are rumors?

You didn't hear about that disease called "stupid"? Spreads like wildfire.

Lol.

Think what you want. Also, what is it with all the new members going ape shit over what they think are rumors?

I guess people are freaking out because a lot of stuff is happening in 2010 in the A and B divisions

Archived