Major changes on the (A)/(C) lines happening soon

trainspot12

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very true, but the R44s will be going shortly.

LOL hey no one wants to listen when we spout facts and many here spout base less speculation we'll be the ones saying "I told ya so" by the end of the year...

It's amazing. Hypothetically, a thread could someday appear with 5 posts in it:

The XXXX's are going to be reefed

That's correct those XXXX's are certainly going

Yup they start getting pulled from service next week

Just heard the XXXX's are going bye bye

i talked 2 a station angent and a to i know and i aksed them bout all the car move n they said they gonna keep the xxxx's and run them on the Q line and i think this is a good idea cuz those r the best cars evah an di hope they stay for a very very very long time

And do you know what the response will be? Every time?

Really? That's odd. A lot of employees said the XXXX's are going. Oh well you got your sources I guess you know what you're talking about cuz you're a railfan, but it's too bad they're going on the Q. They should totally go on the R instead. But thanks for the info uninformed railfan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the Q line! THey need 2 go on the G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Facepalm

Hey, just a hypothetical because it really is like this sometimes...

So the MTA thinks the (M)(V) service restructuring proposal will go through FOR SURE???

I think either way they will likely cut the M from Chambers to bay pkwy. So once that is done, the M would basically run with the J to Chambers. Now combine it with the V and they can cut Bowery-Chambers and 2nd Av on both ends and make the V a thru line than to terminate it at 2nd av and mostly empty.

They already put up those big poster things at stations alerting customers about "possible" service changes. Whenever (MTA) does something like that, chances are it'll go through.
Those are public hearing notices. That's just telling everyone when the changes will be presented to the public. If there's anough of an oputcry against a change, there is a chance it will be dropped or at least modified.

Hi, I'm new here. The MTA would probably end up passing this because this is the most efficient way to save money. According to the document, 10,000 people ride the M in southern Brooklyn and 17,000 riders would have to transfer to the J for service to Lower Manhattan, while 22,000 riders would gain direct access to 6th Avenue. In the end, the net amount of people negatively affected would be 5,000, and the MTA would basically be saving the trouble of running a train from Essex to Bay Parkway during rush hours and between Essex and Chambers midday.

I think that there should be some knind of service between Nassau and southern Brooklyn. If the MTA had extra money, I would suggest running the J an extra stop to Court Street and terminating it on a newly built track east of the station. Trains would be timed to come in before the R train southbound and leave after it northbound. This would allow riders to keep a same platform transfer to Nassua Street and not have former M riders take the 4/5 at Atlantic Avenue.

Another thing which should be clarified here: If the C were to get R44s or R46s, no training would be needed. ALL B division train crews in NYCT have been trained to operate both fleets. Seeing R44s running on the local track is therefore not an indication that C crews are being trained for operating R44s. (In fact, many of them are also A line crews. A C H J M L Z are grouped together for pick purposes, so your monday A line TO might be on the C on tuesday and the M on wed-fri.)

Another thing which should be clarified here: If the C were to get R44s or R46s, no training would be needed. ALL B division train crews in NYCT have been trained to operate both fleets. Seeing R44s running on the local track is therefore not an indication that C crews are being trained for operating R44s. (In fact, many of them are also A line crews. A C H J M L Z are grouped together for pick purposes, so your monday A line TO might be on the C on tuesday and the M on wed-fri.)

That Is Correct, I knew someone that had a pick like that.

• 3 weeks later...
O

M

G

Now is it safe to party lol :)

Party? PARTY!?

:lock:(<-just a dancing lock, not trying to say lock the thread)

:rock:

;)

Hmmm, the actual stripping of 44s, Pity.

Archived