Major changes on the (A)/(C) lines happening soon

trainspot12

What about C8AvLocal? Shes not reliable? Becuz at least she said some good things that turned this topic around. So i find her very reliable! :tup:

And yes i agree with you on the (C) dealing with 44/46s and the retirement of the R44s.

Didn't say that. C8AvLocal's posts, like Art Vandelay's and INDman's, are some of the few in here that are reputable.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Happens all the time, TSS give the wrong info because they don't like the equipment they have to work with. I knew a TSS that used to give me the wrong info, I knew the TSS was wrong, So I just went along with my day.

Thats why we have the "gotta see it to believe it" clause.....

The whole swap seemed bogus to me anyway, and it sounded pretty strange.

Thats why we have the "gotta see it to believe it" clause.....

The whole swap seemed bogus to me anyway, and it sounded pretty strange.

Agreed; putting the 44s on the (C) looked like it would do more harm than good to the cars, with the constant door opening and closing, starting and stopping, etc.

Hey I know where I got my info from and I know it's good. You want to believe me, believe me, you don't want to I don't care either way...you all know my track record posting here and it ain't full of lies and BS.

The R44's are going away and that's a fact, believe if you want to believe, but pretty soon they will start to disappear. As for what's going to move where to cover the service, that hasn't exactly been ironed out yet, they are still discussing it so how about a little more wait and see.

I don't know where the hell these R44 to the C rumors came from or what they're even supposed to be relevant to, but I have heard NOTHING of the sort from ANYONE reliable so let's stop dreaming about 600 foot C trains now. I will say this one more time and hopefully this time it will sink in: STOP speculating...

I agreed with 100% on about R44 info.

R44 going to C is BS, if it was true they would've done it already, but they can't make the C full length right now the Train dude is right on this one.

for example if R44 would've start to be retried in Feb 2010 it would've been noticeable because we would've seen about few sets of R44 disappear each month.

We have to wait and see.

What about C8AvLocal? Shes not reliable? Becuz at least she said some good things that turned this topic around. So i find her very reliable! :tup:

Where did Subwayguy say anything about C8AvLocal? You must be reading something else then.

Didn't say that. C8AvLocal's posts, like Art Vandelay's and INDman's, are some of the few in here that are reputable.

Thank you sir, I know it's hard for many people to believe that non TA people have correct info.

The C was never intended to get R44s, especially not now, if the R44s are going to be retired. If the R44s are retired, there would not be enough cars to extend the C to 600 feet so such a reassignment would be absurd, both practically and politically, giving the C 600 foot trains for a few months while the R44s retire.

As was posted somewhere, R46s were intended to run on the C, not R44s. Had such an assignment ever occurred, I strongly suspect R44s would have ended up on the C, at least from time to time, although they would not actually be assigned there.

To call such rumors lies implies malicious intent. Such is almost certainly not present here. Rumors often start as accidental misrepresentations of the truth. I. E. someone correctly states that R46s are intended to run on the C. They tell somebody else, that person retells it as R44/46s will run on the C. The next person tells it as R44s are going to run on the C. ETC.

Truth often (de)evolves into rumor.

The C was never intended to get R44s, especially not now, if the R44s are going to be retired. If the R44s are retired, there would not be enough cars to extend the C to 600 feet so such a reassignment would be absurd, both practically and politically, giving the C 600 foot trains for a few months while the R44s retire.

As was posted somewhere, R46s were intended to run on the C, not R44s. Had such an assignment ever occurred, I strongly suspect R44s would have ended up on the C, at least from time to time, although they would not actually be assigned there.

i agreed with you

Specially with the r44's retiring C is not likely to get any R46s or any other cars other then R32's for awhile.

original plan was to make C all R46 (600 feet trains) that plan was scraped thanks to the R44 problems.

ok guys i am not starting a rumor but this morning i saw a R44 on the local track at Euclid......now the train was signed up as not in service so i am guessing it is a school car because it was there at around 9am so please i am only guessing why the train was there.............so please take half and leave half;)

If The R32's are staying for another 4-5 years due to this R44 stuff, The TA is GOING to want those Cars on Part Time Lines like the (B) for an Example, So Don't be Surprised, Plus If they Cut the (W), Those Extra R160's would Go to Jamaica to Bump off more R46's to Pitkin, So they will have enough Cars If the Cuts happen to make the (C) 600".

If the R32 Brightliners make September 2014, they would observe their fifthieth anniversary of service and will be among the longest serving subway cars. If that happens, we should hold a celebration around September 9, 2014. These cars are amazing.

There's a reason the Brightliners are outlasting the R40s, maybe the R42s and R44s and even their R38 and R36 W.F. cousins.

If the R32 Brightliners make September 2014, they would observe their fifthieth anniversary of service and will be among the longest serving subway cars. If that happens, we should hold a celebration around September 9, 2014. These cars are amazing.

There's a reason the Brightliners are outlasting the R40s, maybe the R42s and R44s and even their R38 and R36 W.F. cousins.

The stainless steelness of them?

Some of the BU elevated cars ran for more than 60 years, so they wouldn't be the longest running.

As for 600' (C) trains, until I hear proof positive that they are considering it (and doing all sorts of subway car math to figure out how many cars would be available for service is NOT proof positive), I'm not considering it.

ok guys i am not starting a rumor but this morning i saw a R44 on the local track at Euclid......now the train was signed up as not in service so i am guessing it is a school car because it was there at around 9am so please i am only guessing why the train was there.............so please take half and leave half;)

Its schoolcar. It might have came out of thre yard to run local on the (C) line. (Like what always happens)

They should make a car like this:

Stainless steel like R32s

Slants like R40s

NTT features like R160s.

Now that is what I call reliable.

How can the R142/R143 have R160 features if these features didn't exist during there production..

Also if slants were to be used, then use em for the first and last car since it would be a safety issue if a passenger were to cross between them. Unless there safe..

If The R32's are staying for another 4-5 years due to this R44 stuff, The TA is GOING to want those Cars on Part Time Lines like the (:) for an Example, So Don't be Surprised, Plus If they Cut the (W), Those Extra R160's would Go to Jamaica to Bump off more R46's to Pitkin, So they will have enough Cars If the Cuts happen to make the (C) 600".

That makes no sense, they could start training (:) line crews for those R160s. But like I've said a million times before, lets just wait and see, cause this just seems to be speculation.

Finally, more RFW's on the (A). That's if, this plan is actually going to be implemented.

Didn't you read the entire topic?

This swap is a fake, its NOT happening. If it did it would of happended on Tues then the 14th..

And im glade the swap didnt happen! R44s may still retiree of course!

Archived