Major changes on the (A)/(C) lines happening soon

trainspot12

Try not be soo obsessed with the R32s. We dont even know whats going to happen with the (A)(C)(M)(V)s... We still gotta wait till the day and time comes to conclude

Okay, I spoke to somebody (Not an TSS) That works down there and they told me something diffrent, I don't know how you think that the R44's will go to the (C), The only way to find this out is if the (C) runs this weekend, and if you see more than 3 trainsets of R32's on the (A), If they had more R32's then you can make the (C) 600" but if the TA keeps some R44's then they will have enough, If they wipe out all the R44's then the (C) might have to stay the same, They might have no choice anyway because Jamaica might need 2 Trainsets of R32's back plus that R32's at CI for that (M)/(V) combo,

We will have to wait and see before we start thinking, Because If I see an 8 car (C) train on saturday then This swap is not happening

Read This By the way:

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=897292

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Train Dude does tend to know what he is talking about, as someone else has pointed out, he does seem to enjoy withholding information, and can at times be misleading

That said, his point about the C not being able to be extended is very true. If the R44s are being retired, the C will be staying 8 cars long, as there will not be enough cars to run full length C trains(And it would cost more, and we are in a financial meltdown, so it wouldn't make very much sense.)

Even Thomas the tank engine?:P

Hell yeah! I love that little train guys!

Don't you mean that its becoming 2012 for the A and B divisions?

No, regarding Service cuts(Maybe), (A)(C)(M)(V) swaps and changes, the (1) heading to New Lots, (9) making a come back?! R62As going to the (2)(5)(doubt thats true) as someone told me who is on this forum and people know him, R142s running on the (1)(Doubt true) and other crap. But i dont believe much until i see it!

Hell yeah! I love that little train guys!

No, regarding Service cuts(Maybe), (A)(C)(M)(V) swaps and changes, the (1) heading to New Lots, (9) making a come back?! R62As going to the (2)(5)(doubt thats true) as someone told me who is on this forum and people know him, R142s running on the (1)(Doubt true) and other crap. But i dont believe much until i see it!

The (1) with R142's and R62A's going to the (2)/(5) is just a rumor.

the (1) heading to New Lots, (9) making a come back?! R62As going to the (2)(5)(doubt thats true) as someone told me who is on this forum and people know him, R142s running on the (1)(Doubt true) and other crap. But i dont believe much until i see it!

I find this impossible. First of all, it wouldn't be too hard to just change the bottom (1) bullet from Manhattan/South Ferry to New Lots Av/Brooklyn.

Second of all, GrandConcourse's explanation on the (2) and (5) is one extra reason why this idea can be ruled out.

Back to topic, if the (C) is to become full length, then the R44s should not be retired.

I doubt the (C) will go full length because.... the R44s are going. If you don't want to take my word for it, ok thats not a problem cause I doubt I would take anyone's word who I did not know either.

The (1) is temporarily going to New Lots Avenue this summer because of work that will be done on the Cortlandt Street side.

Likely shuttle bus between Chambers Street and South Ferry.

The (2) will still run to Brooklyn College-Flatbush Avenue but the (3) will terminate at 14th Street.

I'm not sure how a (9) comeback fits in with these plans unless it's for limited service to South Ferry.

The MTA just paid big bucks a couple of years ago to overhaul the entire SI R44 fleet. The SI R44's are good to go through 2015 and have nothing to do with the problems of NYCT's R44s.

i never said they were. My post stated that an idea (heres the full details) was brought to the MTA by the Permanent Citizens Advisory Comittee to the MTA:

"that if there is no money for car procurement for Staten Island, it would be worthwhile to take existing R44 subway cars and use them on SIRT instead of scrapping them. He suggested that the existing cars could be used as maintenance spares with appropriate modifications."

please read thoroughly before you quote and post :tup:

There's no need for the (9) to come back. Unless the (MTA) wants to rename the <7> the ( 9 ). Of course, since there's already an (11) bullet on the R62A rollsigns, they could always just use the (11) if they wanted to without having to buy new rollsigns.

That is not what is being discussed at possible. The plan is for a new, likely temporary, variant of existing service patterns. (9) would just be the name for it. This has been brought up in a thread and the details appear there, and since it's only in the speculative stages I don't care to discuss it much, but just be advised when people are saying "zOMG teh (9) iz cOmInG backkK!!!" that it has NOTHING to do with the former skip stop service, which will not return. (9) is just the last remaining red single digit bullet available for use, so any new service pattern that uses the West Side Line as its trunk would be called the (9) since there's no reason or plan to introduce the "double numbers" like 10-13.

Archived