Subway Update

R32 3838

I guess that would apply to 12-9s too, eh? There's no way in hell they can pull T/Os from a train...ever, especially in a system with an infrastructure as big as ours. It's too risky.

There is no way you can remove the whole train crew from the (L) unless you put the whole line in a sealed tunnel. As it is, aside from stations, there are so many ways for obstructions to get on the road bed. A computer would either over react or not react enough.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the controller was in the middle, then they'd have a "problem" where to put the TOD screens, of which they're 2, but the second one is for CBTC, and as fast as installation is going throughout the system, I wonder if some cars will ever operate that way!

Also, the issue with the controller in the middle: I wonder if NYCT thought that in case of a t/o all of a sudden having a heart attack or passing out for any reason, that the t/o would collapse on top of the controller holding it in place thereby negating the dead man. Maybe my thought is crazy but..........

Hem, very good points.

The 68s and 68A's are the coolest cats around :cool::tup:
Slants and the 68s are the coolest cats in my book :tup::cool:

Meow?

Nonononono THEY ARE SLOW Brighton is not a slow section Slants kicked ass when they ruled the B.I don't know what current fleet that can't beat the 68's in a race.That's how slow they are,R32 are the fastest,42's are fast,44's are ok,46's are fast,62's they just kick ass,142/A both are ass kickers up & down Lex+7th-Bway.R143's ATO is great & 160's are new so they kick ass 4now.Sry R68's are slow fat but they're reliable & '75

Agreed.........R68s have manual rollsigns (bad for route changes) and are sluggish.:tdown:

Typical. They put the R160's on the line and those crews who only work the R aren't all qualified! I hope the switchmen at CTL are qualified too!

Why do switchmen need to be qualified?

Meow?

Agreed.........R68s have manual rollsigns (bad for route changes) and are sluggish.:tdown:

Why do switchmen need to be qualified?

The switchmen need to learn how to move the R160!............they need the console key................they need to know the sequence in which order to hang up and take down the barrier springs in between units.............they need to learn how to "cut" the cars..........maybe the switchman has to go down the road..........

A switchman is a train operator, usually with high seniority so they don't have to work the road, but sometimes they do go down the road.

I worked as a switchman for awhile but am back on the road. T/o's with switching jobs do a lot of walking and climbing up and down off trains. Working the road you can sit!

The switchamn need to learn how to move the R160!............they need the console key................they need to know the sequence in which order to hang up and take down the barrier springs in between units.............they need to learn how to "cut" the cars..........maybe the switchman has to go down the road..........

A switchman is a train operator, usually with high seniority so they don't have to work the road, but sometimes they do go down the road.

I worked as a switchman for awhile but am back on the road. T/o's with switching jobs do a lot of walking and climbing up and down off trains. Working the road you can sit!

Ooh...okay. Thanks!

Okay, I just Got off an R32 (R), South head: 3929, North Head: 3428. It was a 15:34 out of CTL. It got layed up at 6:50pm, I got pics and vids and I will post them later.

Awesome! Can't wait to see em.

Hopefully it will run tomorrow and make the same time out of Forest Hills so I can catch it after school.

So now it's ®32, ®46, and ®160.

From the looks of it, yes.

It's true. Last year many were saying the R32s and R42s will be gone by 2010, but that's not the case anymore the R44s are taking the R32s and R42s place. Nobody expected R32s to be back on the (B) and (Q). Strange things have been happening ever since the year started. Like everyone is saying that's the(MTA). However I'm not counting on seeing an R68 on the (R), but I've been wrong before.

Yeah, But Its Not MTA, Its NYCTA that does the changes, (RTO)- Car Equipment, They just send MTA the reports.

Okay, I just Got off an R32 (R), South head: 3929, North Head: 3428. It was a 15:34 out of CTL. It got layed up at 6:50pm, I got pics and vids and I will post them later.

One of my friends also spotted this train as he was waiting at Forest Hills today.

One of my friends also spotted this train as he was waiting at Forest Hills today.

I did not see it on the (R), I would have seen it if it left around 3:40, My freinds would have seen it because they was CTL around that time, If they would have seen it, They would have gotten on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all Know Another R46 has been transferd to pitkin Last Friday

9913-22 is In Service on the (R) Today and Right Now, I spoted at Grand Ave Southbound at 7:03pm so that leaves the (R) with More than 120 Cars of R160's (12 Trainsets) I have seen alot more R46's Come to the (F), 3 were back to back.

Archived