Subway Update

R32 3838

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Full Jamaica R160 fleet (once delivery complete): 81 trains.

E+F requirement (Including spares): Roughly 84 trains.

E+F will therefore not be entirely R160, unless spare factors are lowered or further R160s are reassigned to Jamaica.

If the G R and V are to get R160s, they will be at the cost of the E/F having R160s. I rather doubt that will happen.

81sets=810 cars*5car sets I consider 1 set 10cars.The E is already 100% R160 but the (F) is about 85/15 R160's favor.Why is the V included?

They're slow to me period eventho I love em,but the only experienced fast ride on a 68 on the D/B is 34th to W4 S/B & N/B,Tremont to 167th S/B just before the timers and both directions btwn Atlantic Av and 36th St.The Tubes is nice also but other than that they're slow.

That means that they run on slow sections of track, not that they're slow.

That means that they run on slow sections of track, not that they're slow.

Nonononono THEY ARE SLOW Brighton is not a slow section Slants kicked ass when they ruled the B.I don't know what current fleet that can't beat the 68's in a race.That's how slow they are,R32 are the fastest,42's are fast,44's are ok,46's are fast,62's they just kick ass,142/A both are ass kickers up & down Lex+7th-Bway.R143's ATO is great & 160's are new so they kick ass 4now.Sry R68's are slow fat but they're reliable & '75

Sorry for not being so active in this forum as often...anyways. I got some pics for the R160 (R) trains

Caught about four different R160s this weekend.

The first photo was very quick. I was on the N going southbound at 8th Street/NYU. I caught a glimpse of the (R) heading uptown. One of the cars was 9715. It was 8:11 PM heading north. You can see the LCD "QUEENS BLVD LCL" Sorry for the blurriness.

IMG00157-20100403-2011.jpg

The subsequent photos are from the (R) train ride this morning at 7:32 AM from Atlantic-Pacific heading into Manhattan. The lead car was 9462 and the second half was 9807.

I didn't catch the other two sets, but they had different numbers than the aforementioned.

Here are some pics:

IMG00161-20100404-0753.jpg

IMG00162-20100404-0754.jpg

IMG00160-20100404-0752.jpg

IMG00159-20100404-0751.jpg

IMG00158-20100404-0749.jpg

All of them were taken from my Blackberry Storm I.

EDIT: I can upload some annoucements, if anyone needs more proof B)

You're making it seem like the (A) when the Slants made a return after a 25yr+ absence.R32 (R) they ran a few months ago and years ago but I think the last1 I saw was about the time the 32's on the A got banned.

R32s aren't necessarily banned from the (A), but right now they're not needed. There were instances when the two sets of R32s that were regular on the (A) did not even appear during the course of the day because R44s and R46s were used instead to make service, just like the case with the R68 on the (N) and why it's so rare.

Okay, Here's Another Update:

Today was 4 Trainsets of R160's on the (R) Expect More between tommorrow and Tuesday.

2 R46's ran on the (F) Plus you have 4 trainsets or more Layed up

I heard that they have some T/O and C/R's from Both the ®/(V) that are not trained for the R160's and they will be trained tommorrow Morning, Expect everything to be messed up tommorrow on QB (in terms of Crew)

As for the (V) keep yours eyes out for the (V), It seems that they want every line that serves QB to have R160's (Not 100%)

And 1 Thing The (F) WAS NEVER 100% R160's, They Always had 1-2 Trainsets of R46's on the (F) They poped up during Rush Hours.

As More R160's go to the (R) and (Maybe (V)) More R46's will return to the (F).

NYCT does not bring out a train of R160's and puts a non-qualified crew on it with a TSS. When I got qualified about a year ago, I reported to CIYD for 3 days and got trained there, the third day we took a school car train down the road. The c/r's get one day of training in CIYD but do not take a school car train down the road for practice.

NYCT does not bring out a train of R160's and puts a non-qualified crew on it with a TSS. When I got qualified about a year ago, I reported to CIYD for 3 days and got trained there, the third day we took a school car train down the road. The c/r's get one day of training in CIYD but do not take a school car train down the road for practice.

How did you like the R160's?

Yup, Everyone on the (R) was Out of Place today.

Typical. They put the R160's on the line and those crews who only work the R aren't all qualified! I hope the switchmen at CTL are qualified too!

Typical.

Yep...we had a T/O who crawled through the Montague Street tube and another who crawled through the 60th Street tube cuz they didn't know how to operate the damn thing.

Typical. They put the R160's on the line and those crews who only work the R aren't all qualified! I hope the switchmen at CTL are qualified too!

Typical.

Yeah, That's TA for ya, A freind of mine told me that they want to train them for 1 day, To Me its a trap just for the TA to go after T/O's for silly shit.

Haven't operated one yet. I completely forgot how to operate the TOD screen to set the route. In the school car run, I will say they are responsive, but I do not like the controller in the corner by the window. My hand hurt like hell.

I heard that the TOD can really be something if your not used to it. I understand that according to the "plan" when CBTC is on "all" the lines, the controller on the R160s will be removed, or at lest not be needed, but why couldn't they make it comfortable? I can't imagine being a lefty and having to operate those things.

Archived