R160 R Train

Iamthe1

I was waiting with my friend at 59th Street-Lexington Avenue (around 5:00PM) when an R160 (R) train pulled in...My friend told me that he saw another set earlier. So if the (R) train already has 2 sets of R160's today, that means its permanent, right? (no it was not a G.O. or borrow/transfer...) B)

I was waiting with my friend at 59th Street-Lexington Avenue (around 5:00PM) when an R160 (R) train pulled in...My friend told me that he saw another set earlier. So if the (R) train already has 2 sets of R160's today, that means its permanent, right? (no it was not a G.O. or borrow/transfer...) B)

yes there on there because the (F) has two R-46's and that's how the (R) has the two 160

I finally go to catch it today. It was kinda weird riding it as an (R). As it approached I thought it was an (M2). It definitely felt faster than the R46s. I think I saved a whole two minutes on my trip. :P

Am I always the last one to catch these things :cry: lmao

I finally go to catch it today. It was kinda weird riding it as an (R). As it approached I thought it was an (M2). It definitely felt faster than the R46s. I think I saved a whole two minutes on my trip. :P

How long was your (R) ride with the r160?

You must have bad luck. I've been getting them all week. :P

Do you like the R160 on the (R)?

No. I now need to memorize the door locations at my stop and before when going down to catch the (R) at Lawrence St, if I saw an R160 I knew it was an (M2) train so I wouldn't rush down to catch it but ever since the R160 started showing up on the (R), I missed a few (R) trains due to thinking it was an (M2) train.

No. I now need to memorize the door locations at my stop and before when going down to catch the (R) at Lawrence St, if I saw an R160 I knew it was an (M2) train so I wouldn't rush down to catch it but ever since the R160 started showing up on the (R), I missed a few (R) trains due to thinking it was an (M2) train.

Haha I know what you mean, it's a little deceiving since I too still think of an R-160 approaching as most likely an (M2). Otherwise I don't see what all the fuss is, the only section of the line which I haven't ridden R-160s on before is btwn 86 and 59 Sts. Otherwise it's business as usual.

Unfortunately, on June 28, you won't have to worry what train it is anymore. It will only be the ®omeo.:P

I finally caught the R160 on the (R) last night. I was with one of my homeboys at Prince St going to Brooklyn and we heard a R160 but we thought it was a (W) but when it came and it said (R), we both screamed out "WHOA!" LOL It was really strange but really cool at once. I like the voice for the (R) and the ride was fast and smooth. We took it to Lawrence St and we both enjoyed the ride. I approve!

that's sucks

yes there on there because the (F) has two R-46's and that's how the (R) has the two 160

the (R) actually has 4 sets running now, as far as the (F) ive seen 1 R46 again.

Jamaica will have a total of 820 R160 cars. 710 for (E)(F) service and 110 for (R) service. to get technical (E)(F) need 2 spares so minus 2 sets off the (R) line. the (R) still can run 7 to 9 sets of R160's :P

Am I always the last one to catch these things :cry: lmao

lol No, I haven't seen one this whole 3-day week and I use the Queens Blvd. line every day. It's just bad luck on my part. I haven't seen the R32 (V) lately either when I used to see it almost every day.

With all these mentions about and R160 (R) train, there's no videos.

R160 (R) train videos

the (R) actually has 4 sets running now, as far as the (F) ive seen 1 R46 again.

Jamaica will have a total of 820 R160 cars. 710 for (E)(F) service and 110 for (R) service. to get technical (E)(F) need 2 spares so minus 2 sets off the (R) line. the (R) still can run 7 to 9 sets of R160's :P

Today while I was waiting for my (E) I saw 2 R46s on the (F).

The (E) and (F) combined use 83 trains, spares included. They need much more than 2 spares for both lines combined. The number of R160s on the (R) should vary, depending on how many R46s are on the (F).

i finally got to ride it today! XD i could not believe it! i was at jackson hieghts with my friend and she knows i've wanted to ride the R160 (R) since it began to run.... and she knows im a train freak!:P i rode it from Jackson Heights to Forest Hills-71st Av though its FIND was signed up as a (F). it was really fun to ride them. I want them off the (F) trains b/c i just dont like them there!!!:mad: their annoying;)

i finally got to ride it today! XD i could not believe it! i was at jackson hieghts with my friend and she knows i've wanted to ride the R160 (R) since it began to run.... and she knows im a train freak!:P i rode it from Jackson Heights to Forest Hills-71st Av though its FIND was signed up as a (F). it was really fun to ride them. I want them off the (F) trains b/c i just dont like them there!!!:mad: their annoying;)

Agreed. (F) riders prefer R46s anyway.

Archived