What's Up with ENY R160's on the (M)?

ctrain

The other day while waiting for an (F) an (M) passed and every car was graffitied on with the wird "mono" some with other words too. Since the changes it seems like ENY hasn't been taking as good care of these cars. Anyone know what's going on?

The other day while waiting for an (F) an (M) passed and every car was graffitied on with the wird "mono" some with other words too. Since the changes it seems like ENY hasn't been taking as good care of these cars. Anyone know what's going on?

I could be wrong but my guess is the incident of graffiti you seen couple of days ago, is probably another victim of the doomsday cuts. Besides the subway/bus cuts, cleaning the trains will now take longer. Also sadly, a few Cleaning workers were supposed to get laid off but not sure if they got the pink slip yet.

So expect to see more filthy trains and candy wrappers and more trash on every line citywide as well.

Yeah been noticing that too, but very lightly graffiti. Must be coming out of JAM I guess?

Nope, trains arent stored under the tunnels. I was on the (F) at 9:30pm from 179th and there were only Jamaica 160s.

Nope, trains arent stored under the tunnels. I was on the (F) at 9:30pm from 179th and there were only Jamaica 160s.

JAM Yard i mean. But don't they store some ENY 160s for (M) service at JAM?

It has nothing to do with what yard the train came from. Its where the trains are stored between stations or in stations over the weekends..

Its only going to get worse. I know graffiti freaks and they are having a field day with the broke ass MTA not being able to paint and clean. They have been going out more and more often bombing trains and stations with graffiti and stickers because they know its going to last alot longer..

Question for the T/Os....isn't against the rules to take a train with graffiti out of the yard for revenue service?

It has happened once a few months back during a R160 (F) at CI once, everybody got on the train just to be told that the train was OOS due to excessive graffiti on the front car. First time I have ever seen it happen since I don't usually go to terminals. lol

Only on weekends the ENY R160s layup on the express tracks between 179th & Van Wyck.

Question for the T/Os....isn't against the rules to take a train with graffiti out of the yard for revenue service?

Only if heavy vandalism is done to the train, it will be taken OOS.

I might have a solution the (MTA) should put up an electric fence where the trains are stored to deter graffiti and scratchffiti that should scare them to prevent the stations from them 24/7 webcams dedicated to prevent any crime should work:)

That would be pointless. Most graffiti is done in lay up areas out side of yards. Very little graffiti is done in the yards as was the major way it was done in the 70's and 80's.

• 2 weeks later...

the graffiti comes from the brooklyn hoods. you can kinda tell how the grafitti was done if the vandalism is concentrated on both the lower and upper body of the cars, then it must of been done in jamaica. if the vandalism is only at the upper body of the cars then more than likely, it was done in brooklyn. interior vandalism including scratchitti on Jamaicas R160's is a result from service on the (F) simply because late nights the (F) is Empty.

lets just say im really smart, which is why im going to be a detective. smart ass. also i just so happen to know someone who used to do graffitti so i know more or less how its done and at what times.

lets just say im really smart, which is why im going to be a detective. smart ass. also i just so happen to know someone who used to do graffitti so i know more or less how its done and at what times.

If you were really smart you wouldn't have made your first post so definative. A BLIND detective would've deduced that you were knowledgeable about the "so-called art" so your second post just confirmed how smart you really are.

It has nothing to do with what yard the train came from. Its where the trains are stored between stations or in stations over the weekends..

Its only going to get worse. I know graffiti freaks and they are having a field day with the broke ass MTA not being able to paint and clean. They have been going out more and more often bombing trains and stations with graffiti and stickers because they know its going to last alot longer..

I'd really hate to see that happen again. It was bad enough having to ride graffiti-strewn trains the first time around back in the 70s and 80s.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

the graffiti comes from the brooklyn hoods. you can kinda tell how the grafitti was done if the vandalism is concentrated on both the lower and upper body of the cars, then it must of been done in jamaica. if the vandalism is only at the upper body of the cars then more than likely, it was done in brooklyn. interior vandalism including scratchitti on Jamaicas R160's is a result from service on the (F) simply because late nights the (F) is Empty.

That doesn't make sense at all. Grafitti can be done at any time on any part of the car, regardles of where the car is stored or what part of the city its in.

If you were really smart you wouldn't have made your first post so definative. A BLIND detective would've deduced that you were knowledgeable about the "so-called art" so your second post just confirmed how smart you really are.

assclown, are u assuming that it is I, the graffitti artist? pfft dont get your panties in a bunch, im sure once im a cop i'll turn in so many vandals that i could even get a promotion.

Archived