6 to Bowling Green

Abba

(6) Train service is extended to Bowling Green

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Jul 17 - 19

Is this gonna be an experiment to have it go there on the weekends permanently?

I see it going there the next 2 weekends as well.

They're doing this b\c there is no (5) service in Manhattan also (4)/(6) run express S/B btwn Union Sq and Bklyn Br so I don't think there are switches before the bridge for the (6) to switch to the local track then via loop.

Of course there is a Junction before hitting Bk Bridge. It must be something related to the loop tracks otherwise the (6) would go via CH Loop.

Of course your proof: http://images.nycsubway.org/trackmap/bigdowntown.png

I will be here of course!

Anyone think maybe they should send the (6) on the weekends (only during daytime hours) to Flatbush Ave during the construction.Especally with the upcoming loss of the (3) on weekends in Brooklyn?When that starts send it to New Lots?

The (4) goes to New Lots, that simple.

True.But maybe the (4) or (6) could run express in Brooklyn and terminate at Utica.While the other one goes local after Nevins or Franklin to New Lots.They once extended the (1) to Utica.Why not do something now?

True.But maybe the (4) or (6) could run express in Brooklyn and terminate at Utica.While the other one goes local after Nevins or Franklin to New Lots.They once extended the (1) to Utica.Why not do something now?

Is there really a need for it though, money is also used when you extend a route.

Is there really a need for it though, money is also used when you extend a route.

There is I feel sort of a need because with the (6) terminating at Bowling Green it will create some bottlenecking issues at Bowling Green.Extending it to Utica would allow either the (4) or (6) to run express in Brooklyn and also terminate at Utica which I feel is a better place to terminate trains.Im only saying this because of the (3) not running to Brooklyn on the weekends soon.And again it's just me.But i feel it is needed.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

And on the eighth day, God said, there will finally be a transfer from the (6) to the (A).

Lol it was only half a transfer this weekend

There is I feel sort of a need because with the (6) terminating at Bowling Green it will create some bottlenecking issues at Bowling Green.Extending it to Utica would allow either the (4) or (6) to run express in Brooklyn and also terminate at Utica which I feel is a better place to terminate trains.Im only saying this because of the (3) not running to Brooklyn on the weekends soon.And again it's just me.But i feel it is needed.

The problem with extending the (6) to Brooklyn is that everybody would be confused, just as when the (1) ran express to Utica in the past, the train was empty all the way to Atlantic until some people got on and it was a very very little amount, either way even if there is a need, nobody would take it since everybody would be confused as it isn't on the map.

The 6 is fine the way it is. During New Years this year I went to Utica as a (6) crew (the (4) had a 12-9 that night). We pulled into Nevins with a (3) and everybody stayed on the (3) lol. A few straglers came over and asked me if I was going to Utica express, and the second question came right after (why is there a (6) in Brooklyn?). Right now, the loop is under medium-term construction, relegating the (5) to shuttles until its finished in a few weeks. They have beefed up 4 service to compensate, the amount of TPH is equivalent to what it would have been had the (5) been running all along.

The 6 is fine the way it is. During New Years this year I went to Utica as a (6) crew (the (4) had a 12-9 that night). We pulled into Nevins with a (3) and everybody stayed on the (3) lol. A few straglers came over and asked me if I was going to Utica express, and the second question came right after (why is there a (6) in Brooklyn?). Right now, the loop is under medium-term construction, relegating the (5) to shuttles until its finished in a few weeks. They have beefed up 4 service to compensate, the amount of TPH is equivalent to what it would have been had the (5) been running all along.

How often will the (4) run?

How often will the (4) run?

Normal weekend... (4) 8 minute headway (7 1/2 tph), (5) 12 minute headway (5 tph). Now (4) 6 minute headway (12 tph) so really no letup in service. The pattern should be in effect a few weeks, they have the bank of lights from north of Brooklyn bridge all the way into the north end of the loop. They only doing the middle of the area right now.

Normal weekend... (4) 8 minute headway (7 1/2 tph), (5) 12 minute headway (5 tph). Now (4) 6 minute headway (12 tph) so really no letup in service. The pattern should be in effect a few weeks, they have the bank of lights from north of Brooklyn bridge all the way into the north end of the loop. They only doing the middle of the area right now.

Service will be backed up into Woodlawn, especially with the Yankees extra N/B (4) trains to Woodlawn before the game

Archived