MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Looks like no FREE buses this time around with this delivery.

CAS has 7061, 7063, 7085 and 707x (can't remember the last #)

before you know it, Orion could be done with the delivery in about another week or 2.

The entire order was built since Ulmer Park began to receive their units. I'll give it the same timeframe before Castleton has their units.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buses 1895,1912,1916,1920 (or 1970 dont remember which one) and 1957

went to Eastchester this afternoon/evening from UP.

Also

Buses 9231,9235,9238,9240 and 9305 were scheduled to

go to WF from UP this morning!

Edited by contor
correction

You and me both, those have always been my favorites -- I think CS has a great video of 8768 (another great 126 bus) doing that startup, good stuff. Shame about 8932 though, I liked that bus a whole lot but then I haven't seen it in service in ages. At least 9122 came in, judging by what I saw of it today it looks like a good bus -- a little better than 9642, which could barely make it uphill today on the 31, and had the wheelchair lift die a few times.

8904 looks like it got socked in the face, any idea what caused that dent? Been like that for a while. Glad it's staying in service though.

9122 is only okay because we performed some major reconstructive surgery on it when it came in from QV. And as for the dent in the front of 8904, its been there since the the beginning of last spring. It went to Zerega for a bullgear I believe, and came back with that dent. And no one has a clue as to how it got there...

Well, now the plot thickens! I just received a text from a friend this morning at 10:45 that the 1996 NovaBus RTS from BOTH Queens Village and Ulmer Park will be heading to JFK to replace the Orion 05.501 #5900 series. The RTS buses that are currently at JFK (#8843, #8899, #9012, #9020) will remain there. The RTS buses at West Farms will also make there way to JFK and/or LaGuardia.

Speaking of LaGuardia, "TJ Trainman" (via a LGA B/O) some of Fresh Pond's RTS buses will be heading to LaGuardia.

Now some of you probably already knew this BUT it's worth mentioning. Also, the RTS going to JFK remains me of the 1990 TMCs and how they were bounced around back in 2006-2008 when the Hybrids came to play...;)

So get your pictures as..."The RTS has come back to SOUTHERN QUEENS!"

yep, i already knew they were going there to kill off the Orion V's, I'm hoping basiley Park gets RTS as well, I also seen 6135 freshly repainted and it had (MTA) bus labeled on it and i seen others that were freshly repainted with (MTA) bus labeled

Drove 8932 around to kill some time today, noticed it was without a farebox and a radio...leads me to believe that this is gonna get "Old Yellered" soon...(sigh) Blitz is definitely gonna miss the air starter equipped buses...

8932 was a pretty good one from when I rode it. The operator I had when it was once at Quill loved the bus. When I rode it on the M60 when it was at 126, it seemed as if it got tuned up a bit because the takeoff was pretty quick.

You and me both, those have always been my favorites -- I think CS has a great video of 8768 (another great 126 bus) doing that startup, good stuff. Shame about 8932 though, I liked that bus a whole lot but then I haven't seen it in service in ages. At least 9122 came in, judging by what I saw of it today it looks like a good bus -- a little better than 9642, which could barely make it uphill today on the 31, and had the wheelchair lift die a few times.

8904 looks like it got socked in the face, any idea what caused that dent? Been like that for a while. Glad it's staying in service though.

Ask and you shall receive.

This, along with 8750, 8752, 8778 & 9644(when they were at 126) were my favorite buses out of the depot.

And this blew my mind earlier, I was told and I seen 9138 out of Michael J. Quill! Saw it DHing from the M22!

Ok confirmed , 1916 , 1912 , and others mentioned on this page went to east chester they left yesterday . 9231 and others as well mentioned on this page are not at west farms yet . Some have fareboxes in and some dont they are in the yard of ulmer park facing the gate with papers on them saying out of service & bus move .

Ok confirmed , 1916 , 1912 , and others mentioned on this page went to east chester they left yesterday . 9231 and others as well mentioned on this page are not at west farms yet . Some have fareboxes in and some dont they are in the yard of ulmer park facing the gate with papers on them saying out of service & bus move .

Thanks. I heard the RTS to WF where leaving in the morning just

wasn't sure if they did or didn't.

Thanks. I heard the RTS to WF where leaving in the morning just

wasn't sure if they did or didn't.

Naw its monday morning , everything is blocked and packed in . I heard that some 9300's and 9400's from ulmer park are going to leave . 2465 is at ulmer park with 66 & 69 in the QC area .

Naw its monday morning , everything is blocked and packed in . I heard that some 9300's and 9400's from ulmer park are going to leave . 2465 is at ulmer park with 66 & 69 in the QC area .

So I guess they changed the bus move till monday then.

Looks like they getting rid of most of the 9000 and

keeping the 5000. Wish it was the other way around.

I personally don't like the 5000! (just my opinion)

Friday night I seen a few new express buses

on the fuel line and I notice that the last one on

the line didn't have a farebox, so it had to be a new

one. I didn't notice the numbers on them.

It does. I haven't been to 100th Street in ages, I'm gonna try to make my way over there asap to see what kinda fleet they're using for the M96/M106. We know it's O7s since 6746 got sent over -- I'm hoping it'll be the Quill O7s, that'd make Quill all RTS and NG again. We'll see though.

Whoa...100 street is running the M96/106 crosstown now??? I.guess their smartening up. If thing were the way they should be, 100street would have every crosstown route from 116th to 42nd. And it wouldn't be an all artic depot, probably no artics at all. 126th would be all artic with all their routes minus the M31 and adding the M101/102/103, Quill would have all crosstown and miscellaneous routes below 42nd, and MHV would have all crosstown and miscellaneous staying in Manhattan from 125 to about 200th street. Not sure what i would put at KB...

So I guess they changed the bus move till monday then.

Looks like they getting rid of most of the 9000 and

keeping the 5000. Wish it was the other way around.

I personally don't like the 5000! (just my opinion)

Friday night I seen a few new express buses

on the fuel line and I notice that the last one on

the line didn't have a farebox, so it had to be a new

one. I didn't notice the numbers on them.

Ehh some 5xxx's might go to quill thats a rumor ive been hearing . Dont know if its true yet or not , there are some good 5xxx's and some bad ones . And yea the prevosts are at ulmer park theres a lot of them now . and yea no farebox because they brought one in lastnight , they wanted to bring them in the day/morning of friday but some werent trained and everyone had a run and wasnt on report so they waited until night . I saw 2 come in I was parked in front .