MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there's always the Q8.

ummm just saying ya know....

Well, like I said, outside of the Q35, I'm not too familiar with all the other FR/JFK lines.

That bus has been bouncing everywhere...left FB for the Pond a few weeks ago, now it's over at ENY, don't get it.

So a 9600 and a 5100.. damn. I was kinda hoping it would've been one or the other. Then again with all the buses needed for shuttle service, there's bound to be really odd moves (perhaps temporary loans?). Edited by Grand Concourse

Makes you wonder how long 639 and 647 are gonna stay at Stengel if 622 is already in...eventually the numbers are gonna run into each other

I was wondering the same thing and the crazy part is that 639 and 647 are still in VERY heavy rotation at CS. But I see by the end of the week them two girls being good and gone!

Edited by Vintage Soul

I was wondering the same thing and the crazy part is that 639 and 647 are still in VERY heavy rotation at CS. But I see by the end of the week them two girls being good and gone!

It's a good thing I ran into #647 last week, then.

Edited by GojiMet86

There's no need to keep them since those 2 are the last 2 buses of that order still running...they of retirement age anyway

True, but look at the RTSs, they never die :) Plus if they can still run [without the need for major work to keep them running], I don't see why they have to be retired if they could be mothballed for a reserve fleet.

True, but look at the RTSs, they never die :) Plus if they can still run [without the need for major work to keep them running], I don't see why they have to be retired if they could be mothballed for a reserve fleet.

Good thing I got pictures and videos of #644 and #647, and just pictures of #668 (on the TTMG roster, it's now part of the police service), and #678. Fewer than what I would have liked, but enough. :)

Edited by GojiMet86