MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

ENY's 2005-2007 Orion VII hybrids looked beat to shit half the time though. Seems like they only care about their RTS's...

That's what I'm saying, they LOOK as if they were beat down halfway to hell, but they run much better than most people here say they do...I often have to use the Q24, Q56 and sometimes the B15 to the Q10 to get home so I ride those buses often to know!

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hopefully MHV will take better care of #6620-24 both interms of function and looks.

That's what I'm saying, they LOOK as if they were beat down halfway to hell, but they run much better than most people here say they do...I often have to use the Q24, Q56 and sometimes the B15 to the Q10 to get home so I ride those buses often to know!

Well, hopefully MHV will take better care of #6620-24 both interms of function and looks.

I totally agree, people overblow the issues about ENY. I've used their buses (B82 and used to be B7 before the switch) and they sound perfectly fine. I'd rather have a perfectly good running bus than just a good looking bus on the outside, but running like shit.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I totally agree, people overblow the issues about ENY. I've used their buses (B82 and used to be B7 before the switch) and they sound perfectly fine. I'd rather have a perfectly good running bus than just a good looking bus on the outside, but running like shit.

Hell, half of the people who complain don't even drive out of the depot!

I don't work for the TA but

A. I have family who WORKS out of that depot.

B. I have to use the routes to get home!

They do a shitload of interior work and they make sure that the buses are out and running.

Agreed especially on point B. And how often do the folks that complain about another depot's buses rides the lines from them? I don't ride many lines, but I can get a fairly good idea from my rides on the B6 (UP), B82 (ENY), B9 (JG), B100 (SC), B41 (FB), Q35 (FR), etc. And most of these (maybe other than the B100 and the Q35) are no 'out and back' lines, they are a pretty good stretch.

(to spell it out for some folks)

Edited by Grand Concourse

Hell, half of the people who complain don't even drive out of the depot!

I don't work for the TA but

A. I have family who WORKS out of that depot.

B. I have to use the routes to get home!

They do a shitload of interior work and they make sure that the buses are out and running.

To be far, I never had an East New York bus breakdown on me (well, except for one time back in 2001). I did have to switch onto another B45 bus though since the RTS I was on had a flat tire. This was back in 2005.

that i agree on, to me CS has the best OG orion VIIs while ENY is in 2nd, ENY is not a bad depot at all

Right. ENY is my stomping grounds, and I can attest to that. Outside of the buses look like crap most of the time, they run. Those 4900's that shipped off to Flatbush, and 5000's that went to Quill are some damn good buses for the most part.

Why do you think Quill and ENY NEVER got rid of their 8600's??? The only OA and TA depots ever allowed to touch them until it was time for retirement.

Originally I heard some of the 8600's were supposed to go to Flatbush as well, but it didn't happen....... I remember those babies when they were brand new. Will always be my favorite series.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="634908" data-time="1358706728"><p>

<br />

Not for nothing, but that doesn't sound legit. Not saying that you are wrong or anything and don't get worked up for no reason(which you are famous for doing as of late), but that story doesn't sound legit....<br />

<br />

ENY's fleet doesn't get "messed up badly", appearance-wise, they look like they been through a war but their main priority is to get them buses running. 4815 wasn't even at ENY for long nor did they do much work on it so that story doesn't sound legit....</p></blockquote> Im not getting worked up at all, Im not really saying that East New York beat the bus up, your right it wasn't there for long. This is was the mechanics and shifters were complaining about but the bus was only there for a few days to about a week, can't really blame them for it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="634966" data-time="1358712746"><p>

Hell, half of the people who complain don't even drive out of the depot!<br />

<br />

I don't work for the TA but<br />

<br />

A. I have family who WORKS out of that depot.<br />

B. I have to use the routes to get home!<br />

<br />

They do a shitload of interior work and they make sure that the buses are out and running.</p></blockquote> Your right, they've been pretty good now. Their buses do run good for most of the time, I've only had 3 break downs in the past years that I've been riding their lines. I remember riding a GMC back in 97' that was 1 break down and I've had another 2 in the past 2 years and that's it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="XcelsiorBoii4888" data-cid="635122" data-time="1358733553"><p>

Wow CiBoii22, thanks for all the post about the 3Gs and XD40s.</p></blockquote> Look who's back..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="634908" data-time="1358706728"><p>

<br />

Not for nothing, but that doesn't sound legit. Not saying that you are wrong or anything and don't get worked up for no reason(which you are famous for doing as of late), but that story doesn't sound legit....<br />

<br />

ENY's fleet doesn't get "messed up badly", appearance-wise, they look like they been through a war but their main priority is to get them buses running. 4815 wasn't even at ENY for long nor did they do much work on it so that story doesn't sound legit....</p></blockquote> Im not getting worked up at all, Im not really saying that East New York beat the bus up, your right it wasn't there for long. This is was the mechanics and shifters were complaining about but the bus was only there for a few days to about a week, can't really blame them for it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="634966" data-time="1358712746"><p>

Hell, half of the people who complain don't even drive out of the depot!<br />

<br />

I don't work for the TA but<br />

<br />

A. I have family who WORKS out of that depot.<br />

B. I have to use the routes to get home!<br />

<br />

They do a shitload of interior work and they make sure that the buses are out and running.</p></blockquote> Your right, they've been pretty good now. Their buses do run good for most of the time, I've only had 3 break downs in the past years that I've been riding their lines. I remember riding a GMC back in 97' that was 1 break down and I've had another 2 in the past 2 years and that's it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="XcelsiorBoii4888" data-cid="635122" data-time="1358733553"><p>

Wow CiBoii22, thanks for all the post about the 3Gs and XD40s.</p></blockquote> Look who's back..

whats good with your quoting? 

Right. ENY is my stomping grounds, and I can attest to that. Outside of the buses look like crap most of the time, they run. Those 4900's that shipped off to Flatbush, and 5000's that went to Quill are some damn good buses for the most part.

Why do you think Quill and ENY NEVER got rid of their 8600's??? The only OA and TA depots ever allowed to touch them until it was time for retirement.

Originally I heard some of the 8600's were supposed to go to Flatbush as well, but it didn't happen....... I remember those babies when they were brand new. Will always be my favorite series.

I think a few went to Gleason back in summer 2003 when the 1994-1995 Orion V CNGs we getting repowered.

Question, who is MA?

MA is Meredith Depot. If you look on the roster in the table of contents, it shows the depot with their official abbreviation. Learn them! I very seldom speak in full length names.

Meredith to Charleston. :rolleyes:

TO Meredith FROM Charleston