MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Armani" data-cid="637685" data-time="1359298369"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="637343" data-time="1359209694"><p><br />

Okay.</p></blockquote><br />

I saw 495 on the B35 this morning on my way home</p></blockquote> Huh? 495 is at the Vendor not at JG & plus they wouldn't take a bus from Spring Creek now. You probably saw 485* not 495. I saw 495 at the Vendor myself this morning so idk what you saw.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooo theres a XD60 in Gun Hill Depot idk the number
Yeah an XD60 has been there for a while now... Or the 4740's started coming in last week they're just about ready to head to their garages this week. Probably tomorrow morning maybe ...

Right, and they wouldn't need all that maintenance training in terms of the powertrain anyway considering that the transmission itself is close to/similar to the D60HFs and they got the engine covered by the LFSA. They just need the training for whats under the hood, under the bus and the internals
Yeah like the basic stuff, it would be nice if Quill got some XD40's, Atleast they'd take care of them.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fresh Pond" data-cid="637720" data-time="1359306417"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="637678" data-time="1359296466"><p><br />

Supposed to be for some testing and so that the mechanics can be aware of the powertrain since they might get some XD60's. Even though the transmission is way different than the 40's they want to train the mechanics on the engine and all that. 4897 should come down to Ulmer Park maybe this week or next week if anything.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

<br />

Its not that much of a difference between the 2 transmissions</p></blockquote> The controls, steering wheel is different, even the stop request buttons are different than the XD40's. But it's not really that much of a difference.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kingsbridgeviewer382" data-cid="638155" data-time="1359403179"><p>

RTS #9651 and #9652 are now members of the 126 Street bus depot. Saw #9651 on the M35 and #9652 parked at the 126 St depot. Both of them have 126 St decals.</p></blockquote> 9652 got there Saturday night, I didn't know 9651 was there though.

9651 & 9652 transferred to 126 from Flatbush, as of this evening.

And to think I had 9651 last Saturday..

RTS #9651 and #9652 are now members of the 126 Street bus depot. Saw #9651 on the M35 and #9652 parked at the 126 St depot. Both of them have 126 St decals.

1997-98 RTS-06 #9651 and 9652 are @ 126th St. Which depot were those two originally from.

Some echo in here guys...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="638699" data-time="1359500548"><p>

It's only arriving now?</p></blockquote> Yeah they were doing some work on it, I saw it last week at the vendor they were messing with the signs and had the engine cover open.

I wonder how much longer 9653 will still be around? Saw it today on the B41. The very same bus I've been seeing often this month.

9654 is also still at FB. So it looks like any week these new 53xx buses will make their way to FB

Sidewalks are being extended along Flatbush Ave from Farragut Rd to The Junction. This might be the start of artics down Flatbush.

They look very good along Nostrand. But this is years too long. Glad that they are here!

9654 is also still at FB. So it looks like any week these new 53xx buses will make their way to FB

Sidewalks are being extended along Flatbush Ave from Farragut Rd to The Junction. This might be the start of artics down Flatbush.

They look very good along Nostrand. But this is years too long. Glad that they are here!

Seems like FB will mostly keep the 4900s-5100s.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="638931" data-time="1359567898"><p>

Here's a shocker: 800 back from the dead, at Jackie Gleason now.</p></blockquote>

Holy crap u serious, did u see it yourself? It might be preserved at Gleason not for service.

Thank you mr obvious... And no, the 5000s are pretty split among a few places.

You really are an idiot. I know these god damn assignments. Don't question me!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="638931" data-time="1359567898"><p>

Here's a shocker: 800 back from the dead, at Jackie Gleason now.</p></blockquote>

Holy crap u serious, did u see it yourself? It might be preserved at Gleason not for service.

Really, wow. I thought that one was done.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kingsbridgeviewer382" data-cid="638966" data-time="1359576951"><p>

XD40 #4897 might not go to Ulmer Park anytime soon. I saw it in normal service on the M42 bus with MJQ decals.</p></blockquote> It's actually been at quill for about 2 weeks now it went in service yesterday morning for the first time on the M42. I was gonna post it up but someone already did now.

Edited by ciboii22