MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, they do.

Wait, the LFS are the 8000's, right? The picture of 8090 looked like the regular amber sign (the color changing sign doesn't make the same [monochrome] "amber" yellow; it's more like a "lemon" yellow [from what I've seen in the pictures], but 8090 clearly looked amber).

I would wish both orders (all new buses, basically) would get them!

Slight correction.

All of the Xcelsiors will have Luminator Spectrums

All of the LFSs will have Axion RGB Full Color Destination signs.

Oh, so two different RGB models.

Still, in this photo, http://tinyurl.com/pl3xjek 8090 looks like it has a regular monochrome sign. (It looks different from the side sign, which looks more "pure yellow", but that's likely from the angle). Unless that's using "orange" instead of yellow like the XD sign.

Eric B, on 07 Dec 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Oh, so two different RGB models.

Still, in this photo, http://tinyurl.com/pl3xjek 8090 looks like it has a regular monochrome sign. (It looks different from the side sign, which looks more "pure yellow", but that's likely from the angle). Unless that's using "orange" instead of yellow like the XD sign.

Yeah, the thing with those signs is that it's harder to get the sign on camera.

Examples.

This one is orange, when it was programmed as red.

15761253858_a2a9cadc7b_h.jpg2014 NovaBus LFS 8090 by Shane Ramkissoon, on Flickr

and this one is actually red.

15948678415_ce62b3df9c_h.jpg2014 NovaBus LFS 8090 by Shane Ramkissoon, on Flickr

So this is a bit wierd, 8999 ENY to GA. It's on the B13 now and I spotted it earlier at WBP. It still has ENY stickers

I saw that bus yesterday around 6:00 P.M at the B38 terminal in Downtown Brooklyn. I thought it was a B25 short turn.