MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4839 is back at ENY - was on the B42 yesterday.

The roster is updated and reflects all the missing buses from UP, but does not mention any loans to UP, since the buses seem to rotate almost everyday.

Also, 3634 is in BP, and 6731 at TU.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

Edited by Rick44

4839 is back at ENY - was on the B42 yesterday.

The roster is updated and reflects all the missing buses from UP, but does not mention any loans to UP, since the buses seem to rotate almost everyday.

Also, 3634 is in BP, and 6731 at TU.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

Well 4955, 4995, 5041, 5052, 5131, 5196, and a couple others are still at UP from EN/FB. 5079 was dragged out the yard Friday around 3:30pm to CMF and a few XD40's were dragged out within this past week as well.

The XD40's at UP are failing in troubling amounts... what is going on? I think it's the excessive capping UP has done to those buses.

And I'll drop 5079, and place those 96's in UP for now.

Its a lazy depot. Its nothing new. When they only had RTS it didnt look as bad because there was soo much, and any break downs that RTS had, people would assume its normal due to the RTS age. But as you can see, the Xcelsiors are not looking so good. People said ENY Xcelsiors would get destroyed at ENY, but look at them now. Most are freshly washed and sparkling, run good, etc. UPs still filty, with broken pull cords.

That has been my opinion on UP for the past 3 years I've lived in C.I. and taken these buses. I see many people talk about ENY's so-called bad maintenance, however I've seen many RTS in ENY in better condition than UP's RTS'es. And the Xcelsior comparison between both depots, well that story tells itself.

Edited by Rick44

Snowstorm Transfers (didn't even know much snow was coming):

3837, 3840, 3842, 3848-3850, 3856, 3858-3860, and 6688 MV to TU.

3858 currently on the M96, 3849 on the M101, 3840 and 3859 on the M103. 3860 did a piece on the M86, which is mostly 40-footers.

Quill has got the 40s out on their routes too, bunch of RTSes on the M14.

Its a lazy depot. Its nothing new. When they only had RTS it didnt look as bad because there was soo much, and any break downs that RTS had, people would assume its normal due to the RTS age. But as you can see, the Xcelsiors are not looking so good. People said ENY Xcelsiors would get destroyed at ENY, but look at them now. Most are freshly washed and sparkling, run good, etc. UPs still filty, with broken pull cords.

It's NOT so much lazy it's more so really the result of giving them something they've never had and expecting them to maintain them at a high level...

According to the roster, the Q11 is operated by Far Rockaway? I thought it was a JFK route on occasion split with Far Rockaway on some trips?

Basically, but you might as well call JFK and FR the same sh*t now, all their buses can run for the other depot at any time now. They really should be together on the roster like they are on TTMG's...

• I don't think UP wants to be all RTS again.

• Orion V's= Ehhhh... Who knows.

• I think there's some sort of roof issue with the depot & the hybrid batteries wouldn't fit. I read something like that.

If an MCI and Prevost can fit in the depot, so can a hybrid.

Edited by tvega961

It's NOT so much lazy it's more so really the result of giving them something they've never had and expecting them to maintain them at a high level...

Negative, look at all the depots that received models they never had before and has maintained them at high levels. It's more about the areas they serve and the environment they travel through.

ENY is known for their shoddy exterior appearance, but when it comes to whats under the hood and the under-body, they are pretty damn good.

• I don't think UP wants to be all RTS again.

• Orion V's= Ehhhh... Who knows.

• I think there's some sort of roof issue with the depot & the hybrid batteries wouldn't fit. I read something like that.

It's not a matter of what they want.

Edited by Cait Sith