MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a lazy depot. Its nothing new. When they only had RTS it didnt look as bad because there was soo much, and any break downs that RTS had, people would assume its normal due to the RTS age. But as you can see, the Xcelsiors are not looking so good. People said ENY Xcelsiors would get destroyed at ENY, but look at them now. Most are freshly washed and sparkling, run good, etc. UPs still filty, with broken pull cords.

Well it's not that they're lazy, actually S.I gave UP the beat up batch, and UP gave the good half to EN but EN is takin better care of those buses than UP.

Maybe its time for U.P, to transfer ALL of the XD-40s to another depot. Hint CS or QV or MJQ

Didn't we all go through this before lol... Not happening .

The XD40's at UP are failing in troubling amounts... what is going on? I think it's the excessive capping UP has done to those buses.

And I'll drop 5079, and place those 96's in UP for now.

It's not about the buses being capped it's how MTA set them up. LBSS is fine but they set them too slow and the engine is crapping out & btw 4884,4887 came back yesterday (Saturday) from the vendor. UP doesn't have 96's.. You mean the loaners from EN/FB 4900's & 5000's.

Its a lazy depot. Its nothing new. When they only had RTS it didnt look as bad because there was soo much, and any break downs that RTS had, people would assume its normal due to the RTS age. But as you can see, the Xcelsiors are not looking so good. People said ENY Xcelsiors would get destroyed at ENY, but look at them now. Most are freshly washed and sparkling, run good, etc. UPs still filty, with broken pull cords.

The other thing that concerns me is the RTS they have. Those black things that be right where the rear wheels are at is missing on some units that i saw on the B6

5511-5513 on loan at 126.
5002 on loan at UP.

2086 at Baisley Park.

Well it's not that they're lazy, actually S.I gave UP the beat up batch, and UP gave the good half to EN but EN is takin better care of those buses than UP.
Didn't we all go through this before lol... Not happening .
It's not about the buses being capped it's how MTA set them up. LBSS is fine but they set them too slow and the engine is crapping out & btw 4884,4887 came back yesterday (Saturday) from the vendor. UP doesn't have 96's.. You mean the loaners from EN/FB 4900's & 5000's.

I would think that LBSS is a pre-determined setup, as those buses were set with them prior to Castleton's delivery, then they started to cycle out the rest.

Edited by Cait Sith

329 WF to JG

Ok, updated. https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/

Ok. since I never truly understood what LBSS is, I'll agree with you. Also, my mistake, the 98's is what I meant to type.

2086 at Baisley Park.

Is this a loan or a move?

Edited by Rick44

Let's not forget Ulmer Park has been a dumping grounds. For years theg got seconds hand garbage and fix them up. There original Nova are still running at MTA BUS. GH gave those horrible 88xx turned them into gold almost. The 47xx from Amsterdam were shot they still got them past average with there age.

UP has to work with what they have and 4855-4896 were killed by CAS, Way before UP got them be foreal. Queens has way more subpar garages with newer buses..

Edited by Kanarsie Guy

Let's not forget Ulmer Park has been a dumping grounds. For years theg got seconds hand garbage and fix them up. There original Nova are still running at MTA BUS. GH gave those horrible 88xx turned them into gold almost. The 47xx from Amsterdam were shot they still got them past average with there age.

UP has to work with what they have and 4855-4896 were killed by CAS, Way before UP got them be foreal. Queens has way more subpar garages with newer buses..

Well they got the 9300's Express RTSs Brand new.... They got 4840-4869 Brand new, EN took 4840-4854 from them. 4855-4869 + 4899 were the only new original batch they were left with. You mean S.I. Killed 4870-4898... But 4899 isn't at U.P. its been gone for almost a year because the Engine TA put in there (Truck engine + City transmission) Killed it all together theres a tranny that goes with that truck engine but transit wants to be cheap.

Well they got the 9300's Express RTSs Brand new.... They got 4840-4869 Brand new, EN took 4840-4854 from them. 4855-4869 + 4899 were the only new original batch they were left with. You mean S.I. Killed 4870-4898... But 4899 isn't at U.P. its been gone for almost a year because the Engine TA put in there (Truck engine + City transmission) Killed it all together theres a tranny that goes with that truck engine but transit wants to be cheap.

I was talking about locals 9074-9110 were the last new locals, before this order. I have no knocks on the express side even though the same thing happens.

If anybody wants to talk about dumping grounds...

Jamaica has been getting dumped on... All these 96's they have and then they lose some 99's

Constant swapping of LFS's smh... To me it's like Jamaica can't catch a break smh

You can say the same thing for Baisley Park not catching a break...

I was talking about locals 9074-9110 were the last new locals, before this order. I have no knocks on the express side even though the same thing happens.

Ahh, Yeah I forgot about those. They also got 9200's new IIRC.

5002 at up spotted on b1 Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Reported already.