MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Hello all,

I was wondering what bus # this is and why its there

Today I saw an MCI with a green sign on the BM3 and with mta new York city bus logos, I didn't catch the bus number since I saw it from afar but it started with 2XXX can someone tell me why this bus is at (possibly temporarily) at sc 

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

I was wondering what bus # this is and why its there

Today I saw an MCI with a green sign on the BM3 and with mta new York city bus logos, I didn't catch the bus number since I saw it from afar but it started with 2XXX can someone tell me why this bus is at (possibly temporarily) at sc 

Those are extra buses for the depot.

Vendor doesn't always mean its at a CMF (ENY, GA or Zerega), it could be at the Cummins/Detroit Diesel facility, NESF, or other places that specialize in various bus repairs.

True...there is a place in long island that they have been sending the 49xx and 5xxx RTS's to have the undercarriage sand blasted...

All updated, thanks everyone! https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/home

All Xcelsiors that were in the vendor are replaced back in UP. Since buses usually return back to the depot they were sent to the vendor from, there's no need to track them. Is there any Xcelsiors besides 4899 that are out of service for the forseeable future? And also, what's the word on the MJQ bus that was involved in that unfortunate accident?

Meant to mention, as reported by DannyBoy825, 500 is on loan at WF from SC. Seen on the Bx36 last night. Since I know that's gonna return back, it is not on the roster.

Edited by Rick44

All updated, thanks everyone! https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/home

All Xcelsiors that were in the vendor are replaced back in UP. Since buses usually return back to the depot they were sent to the vendor from, there's no need to track them. Is there any Xcelsiors besides 4899 that are out of service for the forseeable future? And also, what's the word on the MJQ bus that was involved in that unfortunate accident?

Meant to mention, as reported by DannyBoy825, 500 is on loan at WF from SC. Seen on the Bx36 last night. Since I know that's gonna return back, it is not on the roster.

You might've seen 300, not 500. 500 was on the B103 yesterday with Run 36. 300 was on the Bx36.

3299, 3402 and 3268 at College Point.

Edited by Cait Sith

All Xcelsiors that were in the vendor are replaced back in UP. Since buses usually return back to the depot they were sent to the vendor from, there's no need to track them. Is there any Xcelsiors besides 4899 that are out of service for the forseeable future? And also, what's the word on the MJQ bus that was involved in that unfortunate accident?Meant to mention, as reported by DannyBoy825, 500 is on loan at WF from SC. Seen on the Bx36 last night. Since I know that's gonna return back, it is not on the roster.

You might've seen 300, not 500. 500 was on the B103 yesterday with Run 36. 300 was on the Bx36.

3299, 3402 and 3268 at College Point.

He said last night, run 36 might have been back to the depot and done with the bus by the time it was seen on the bx36.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said last night, run 36 might have been back to the depot and done with the bus by the time it was seen on the bx36. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all, that bus was out there for quite a long time yesterday on the 103.

I know I saw run 36 pull back in the depot around noon yesterday, do it probably went out with another run then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All updated, thanks everyone! https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/home

4899 is the only one that's out so far but I'll check in for anything else later this evening . As for 5299... It's on hold

For further investigation, it's tarped off at the front though. Most likely they'll A. Fix it, B. get rid of it, C. Just replace it with a whole new one. When Edwin Thomas got killed on 9666 nobody wanted to drive the bus that he died on they had to tow it back to the depot and they scrapped it because of his passing.

All updated, thanks everyone! [url=https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/home]https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/home[/u

5196 UP-FLA

4955 UP-FLA

4995 UP-ENY

9231 JFK-ENY

Edited by Armani