MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To a certain degree, there shouldn't be any splits or trippers listed on the S.I Express routes because nowadays, all the depots have a piece on some route. Charleston & Yukon does pieces on the x10, Castleton does a piece or two on the x17, etc etc etc.

What are the depot assignments for S.I.'s express routes? Because they have been confusing me for the longest. There are missing routes, misplaced routes, I don't know what's where.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/ - Roster updated with the 330 and 5191 moves.

Edited by Rick44

What are the depot assignments for S.I.'s express routes? Because they have been confusing me for the longest. There are missing routes, misplaced routes, I don't know what's where.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/ - Roster updated with the 330 and 5191 moves.

For the most part, the depot assignments are correct...just removed the trippers and splits.

...and you forgot to add #3558 to JFK.

Edited by The TransitMan

They could go anytime, if a bus breakdown or has a problem like 9915 then it will go quicker. I've been seeing them a lot on the Q25 and Q34.

I always thought the heat put more stress on the engines especially CNGs

so this colder weather they should be operating better so for them to be crapping out

now isn't a good sign...

Orion's usually crap out in heat... Watch this summer NiceBus lol

Watch how many of those Orion V drop

For the most part, the depot assignments are correct...just removed the trippers and splits.

...and you forgot to add #3558 to JFK.

Ok, I'll get to 3558.

Update: Fixed https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

Also, there seems to be more missing routes than just the X22, but I don't know what's what there.

Edited by Rick44

Yesterday NICE N22 bus #1700 which I was riding crapped out on Hillside Ave. a few blocks short of Marcus Ave.  Got on at Roosevelt Field.  Waiting for the light leaving the area (Old Country Road?) the bus started idling rough with bells/sirens/alarms going off.  It stalled twice along the way.  Finally it just died fortunately along the curb.  Fortunately his follower was on time and we all boarded with seats onto Orion V 1669.

Ok, I'll get to 3558.

Update: Fixed https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

Also, there seems to be more missing routes than just the X22, but I don't know what's what there.

Charleston EXP: x17, x19, x22/22A, x31.

Castleton EXP: x10, x11 & x14.

Yukon EXP: x1-9.

Meredith EXP: x12, x15, x30, x42

Edited by Cait Sith

Yesterday NICE N22 bus #1700 which I was riding crapped out on Hillside Ave. a few blocks short of Marcus Ave. Got on at Roosevelt Field. Waiting for the light leaving the area (Old Country Road?) the bus started idling rough with bells/sirens/alarms going off. It stalled twice along the way. Finally it just died fortunately along the curb. Fortunately his follower was on time and we all boarded with seats onto Orion V 1669.

Lol smh just wait till it's 90 outside and they have to run that AC... Then they'll really be dropping like flies

There WILL be some angry riders in Nassau this summer

Armani, thank you, it's fixed.

S78, All the buses are switched except 7088, thank you for that information.

7088 is marked off the roster permanently due to an accident that happened in 2012 I believe.

Also, the S78 is at Charleston, has a school tripper from Castleton, and was assigned to Yukon on the weekends. That setup is over, since Charleston is now a full-time depot, the roster is fixed to reflect those changes.

Also, the S78 is at Charleston, has a school tripper from Castleton, and was assigned to Yukon on the weekends. That setup is over, since Charleston is now a full-time depot, the roster is fixed to reflect those changes.

i thought the 74 was assigned to yukon on weekends and the 78 went to Castleton on weekends before they reopened Charleston on weekends

7088 is marked off the roster permanently due to an accident that happened in 2012 I believe.

The incident that 7088 had is over...it's back at Castleton now. Bus is in service. Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888