MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roster updated, with some great news!

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/

This little bus roster will begin an expansion, which will start on Friday. A new Google site, with the bus roster, and a subway car assignment roster, straight from Joesph Korman of TheJoeKorner, who's given me permission to host his assignments. I hope everyone will enjoy the new addition, as there will be more additions to come, including picture examples for each bus and train, and more. Thanks for following the roster page, and I hope everyone has a great day/night!

Not sure if anybody's seen, but some interesting stuff has been happening every morning. MV has sent a few 3800s to JA for service, MQ has sent some 5800s to OS and 3800s to OH for service, and KB/GH have traded buses for each morning rush.

Edited by MHV9218

Not sure if anybody's seen, but some interesting stuff has been happening every morning. MV has sent a few 3800s to JA for service, MQ has sent some 5800s to OS and 3800s to OH for service, and KB/GH have traded buses for each morning rush.

The 3800s have been going to QV, too:

Orion_3830.jpg

Interestingly 8030 is still at Manhattanville in service...long time for an afternoon loaner, those are usually gone after the PM rush.

And it's on the M2, as well. As for the lateness, well, I rode #9849 on the Q104 on Halloween around 11:50 P.M.

Shortage

If it's a shortage the MTA needs to hurry up with this order already. I see Jamaica and Queens Village swapping all the time because of the amount of buses that are out of service. The weather is getting hot and those 1996 RTS's don't handle heat that well. I can already see a poor 96 burning and being towed to ECH for scrap.

If it's a shortage the MTA needs to hurry up with this order already. I see Jamaica and Queens Village swapping all the time because of the amount of buses that are out of service. The weather is getting hot and those 1996 RTS's don't handle heat that well. I can already see a poor 96 burning and being towed to ECH for scrap.

Again, a new bus can't just be thrown in service like that either. They still need to be evaluated in case anything goes haywire with them.

The MTA is not the only customer in the world for New Flyer and Novabus you know. The scheduled delivery periods agreed to in the contracts is when you're going to see these new buses show up. They both have other customers to work with, who more or less have waited the same amount of time that we have for their buses.