MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6579-6588 all back to FP.

6120 is at OH and not CS.

Thanks. CS was a typo. Too many numbers and depots on the brain. Lol

Actually, they aren't. Those are straight Q64 runs.

No I'm almost certain all of those are actually interlines bro. If one goes out on another one of the runs, its because it's the only bus they had available. It's revised a bit for fall but basically the same as summer, yet slightly different run numbers. For this pick, Q64 runs 403-413, 416, 418, and 421 are all interlined with Guy Brewer lines.

401 and 402 are hawk runs. 414, 415, 417, and 419 are the only straight runs on the line.

Edited by East New York

Actually, they aren't. Those are straight Q64 runs.

No I'm almost certain all of those are actually interlines bro. If one goes out on another one of the runs, its because it's the only bus they had available. It's revised a bit for fall but basically the same as summer, yet slightly different run numbers. For this pick, Q64 runs 403-413, 416, 418, and 421 are all interlined with Guy Brewer lines.

401 and 402 are hawk runs. 414, 415, 417, and 419 are the only straight runs on the line.

Im new here, and I definitely don't know as much as both of you, but you are both right in a sense. Yes, the Q64 does have interlines on those runs, but the way I see it, if you look at the run sheet they pull into the depot and then pull out of the depot an hour or two later, more then enough time to grab a hybrid if one is available. So they are interlines, but they are designed to be the artic run on the Q111/Q113/Q114 and then bring the artic back and get a hybrid, becoming a "straight" hybrid run on the Q64 (if that makes any sense). I'm pretty sure that you are right about it being the only bus available, which is why they are popping up.

One last point is they don't pop up on the same runs every day, For example one popped up on run 118 yesterday, which is an interline from the Q111 to the Q64, but it didn't pop up on it any other day, if it was an straight interline then one would be on 118 every day. The Q64 does have interlines with other routes where they go straight from one route to the other, without pulling into the depot, but none are with the Q111/Q113/Q114. Hope this can clear things up. Thanks! 

Edited by Q64 To Forest Hills

Im new here, and I definitely don't know as much as both of you, but you are both right in a sense. Yes, the Q64 does have interlines on those runs, but the way I see it, if you look at the run sheet they pull into the depot and then pull out of the depot an hour or two later, more then enough time to grab a hybrid if one is available. So they are interlines, but they are designed to be the artic run on the Q111/Q113/Q114 and then bring the artic back and get a hybrid, becoming a "straight" hybrid run on the Q64 (if that makes any sense). I'm pretty sure that you are right about it being the only bus available, which is why they are popping up.

One last point is they don't pop up on the same runs every day, For example one popped up on run 118 yesterday, which is an interline from the Q111 to the Q64, but it didn't pop up on it any other day, if it was an straight interline then one would be on 118 every day. The Q64 does have interlines with other routes where they go straight from one route to the other, without pulling into the depot, but none are with the Q111/Q113/Q114. Hope this can clear things up. Thanks!

I totally agree, and that accurate to a degree, but that's not necessarily true for all cases. Not all interlines are pull-in /pull-out runs, and a hybrid can pop up on any run. Just because an operator is scheduled to pull-in doesn't mean that he or she actually will. It could depend on many factors. Case in point. Run 118 that you are talking about, is a 111 run that has a later half on the 64 after the swing. The sec ok and half of the 111 portion is outside of rush hour so it's not a priority run when it comes to attics. So that's true that they may not pop up ok the same ones every day. However, artic priority runs will always have them unless a bus is not available.

I totally agree, and that accurate to a degree, but that's not necessarily true for all cases. Not all interlines are pull-in /pull-out runs, and a hybrid can pop up on any run. Just because an operator is scheduled to pull-in doesn't mean that he or she actually will. It could depend on many factors. Case in point. Run 118 that you are talking about, is a 111 run that has a later half on the 64 after the swing. The sec ok and half of the 111 portion is outside of rush hour so it's not a priority run when it comes to attics. So that's true that they may not pop up ok the same ones every day. However, artic priority runs will always have them unless a bus is not available.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks! (I don't want to reply anymore because it could be distracting when looking for moves)