MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6018 to CS

6110 on loan to JG for maintenance area and lift testing, depot maneuvering, and familiarization. XN60 #1000 is now built and do for audit inspection effective immediately, with delivery scheduled in a few days depending on the outcome. .

6110 will go back to JFK, and it is now official that the SBS will be split depot service and LGA will not get all of the service. We will get to that later this week in the SBS thread.

6018 to CS

6110 on loan to JG for maintenance area and lift testing, depot maneuvering, and familiarization. XN60 #1000 is now built and do for audit inspection effective immediately, with delivery scheduled in a few days depending on the outcome. .

6110 will go back to JFK, and it is now official that the SBS will be split depot service and LGA will not get all of the service. We will get to that later this week in the SBS thread.

Do you know if 1000 is going to Gleason or West Farms?

6018 to CS

6112 to JK

Do you know if 1000 is going to Gleason or West Farms?

Prelim plans call for Gleason, however that depends on when they want to convert the B35 line to artic, as well as the disposition of the artics at West Farms that will be transferred elsewhere. West Farms should be an all New Flyer depot by 2019.

The XN40's were slated to go to JG first, but changed after Gleason got the first 2 pilots. This could go anyway and it will depend on what is needed when when they start delivery of production buses.

6018 to CS

6112 to JK

Prelim plans call for Gleason, however that depends on when they want to convert the B35 line to artic, as well as the disposition of the artics at West Farms that will be transferred elsewhere. West Farms should be an all New Flyer depot by 2019.

The XN40's were slated to go to JG first, but changed after Gleason got the first 2 pilots. This could go anyway and it will depend on what is needed when when they start delivery of production buses.

Will most of West Farms artics will go Manhattan and GH/KB bound once everything is all said and done?.

IMO: I think some of those LFSA's should head Brooklyn bound to the fact they can carry plenty of mileage and Grand Avenue and East New York are both Maintenance Facilities. But again, who knows what can happen.

796 to JG

6110 is currently shadowing the B35 for service conversion preparations and analysis. (Still assigned to JK)

6112 has gone to Zerega for service prep.

6111, and 6113 are pending transfer from OH to GH. (Both currently in the depot at GH but still assigned to OH at the moment)

796 to JG

6110 is currently shadowing the B35 for service conversion preparations and analysis. (Still assigned to JK)

6112 has gone to Zerega for service prep.

6111, and 6113 are pending transfer from OH to GH. (Both currently in the depot at GH but still assigned to OH at the moment)

I assume 6109 will also be heading over to Gun Hill in the coming days?...

As for 6110, how long will it be shadowing the B35 for (as in, how long does it usually take for that kind of analysis to convert a route from standard to articulated)?

Will most of West Farms artics will go Manhattan and GH/KB bound once everything is all said and done?.

IMO: I think some of those LFSA's should head Brooklyn bound to the fact they can carry plenty of mileage and Grand Avenue and East New York are both Maintenance Facilities. But again, who knows what can happen.

It's too early to talk about fleet plans when the first bus isn't here yet and things change daily. However, from the beginning they were always supposed to go to Manhattan, Gun Hill and Kingsbridge. There's nowhere else for them to go lol.

LFSA's are NOT going to Brooklyn. Outside of Flatbush it's a wrap, and they are still stated to possibly give theirs up as well. Grand is NOT an LFS/LFSA maintenance facility and will likely never be. They are newly being trained on CFM ops for the XD60 and likely XN60. Zerega is the main artic CFM and ENY is a 40 foot and 45 foot CFM. When EN gets artics they will likely be sent to GA for heavy maintenance and overhaul.

As I have said many times, the bulk of the fleet will go to areas where the logistics align. No need for Grand to be an LFSA CFM if the only fleet anywhere near is Flatbush. It makes no sense for more LFSA's to go to Brooklyn when it's all Xcelsior for new 40 foot buses. That's going to raise maintenance costs which is something MTA is trying to prevent. For logistical reasons, that Flatbush fleet needs to be converted to XD60 ASAP. The CFM for those buses is Zerega and thats a very long trip for maintenance and overhaul. And I don't understand what you are talking about when you say "they carry high mileage."

I assume 6109 will also be heading over to Gun Hill in the coming days?...

As for 6110, how long will it be shadowing the B35 for (as in, how long does it usually take for that kind of analysis to convert a route from standard to articulated)?

I don't know what the temporary fleet plans are for these buses, and most of these XD60 moves are temporary. Permanent assignments for the buses again are Quill then ENY. GH will likely lose them all when the new LFSA's come in anyway. The only way they won't is if MTA decides to make some changes in fleets plans when it comes to artics. However as I said because of cost management and logistics I seem most if not all the XD60's leaving the Bronx for Brooklyn and possibly Manhattan at some point.

As far as the shadowing goes, there is no timetable. Each route is different. When the MTA feels they have made the proper adjustments to bus stops, schedules, and driver runs they will be ready to move forward. Some routes don't need much prep and planning while others will need extensive planning.

Edited by East New York