The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank god! Got a pic of those buses?

There are a couple pics of the New Flyers, and Orions in their respective sticky threads. None of the MTA models have been built yet except for the Nova LFS pilot

I cannot wait till fresh pond gets rid of the rts!

That tells me you are either a newer driver, or you're tall.

Everything sucks about the rts leg room,mirrors,blind spots,wheel chair lift,kneeler,steps, interior mirror, not being able to see anything but the rear tire only good thing is they move.

Yep. You're tall! lol. You are right about all the other stuff. RTS' were made for short people like me! The kneeling and lift hydraulics are more than a decade old too, so that's a factor as well. I know one thing though. I wouldn't want anything other than as RTS, Orion V, or MCI in the winter.

See here: http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25040

EDIT @ 1:13 AM:

I've been reading over the Board Meeting for Dec 2010 and here a listing of some of the depots to receive buses from all of these orders:

-Jackie Gleason

-West Farms

-College Point

-Ulmer Park

-Fresh Pond

-Queens Village

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/101213_1115_BUS.pdf (Page 54/57)

I have now confirmed that Fresh Pond, and Queens Village depots will receive new buses along with Ulmer Park!!! :cool:

Yay 4 QV!:tdown:. If they do get new buses it should be New Flyers to add diversity to their fleet. As mentioned earlier the hybrids are geting annoying as it is. But in reality are the (MTA) going to decide which incoming buses QV will get?

@seven eleven: are u sure it's going to be this month they get them?

@seven eleven: are u sure it's going to be this month they get them?

We aren't getting any buses this year, outside 1800-1840 to LIB. The information just mentions the installation of the CleverDevices equipment at the depots in preparation of the buses we will receive next year:

LFS (February)

Prevost (June)

C40LFR (April - Test Buses ; December - Order)

We aren't getting any buses this year, outside 1800-1840 to LIB. The information just mentions the installation of the CleverDevices equipment at the depots in preparation of the buses we will receive next year:

LFS (February)

Prevost (June)

C40LFR (April - Test Buses ; December - Order)

I'll have to check the production schedule to be sure, but I don't think LIB will get anymore buses before next year. I was told in the beginning that they would arrive in early 2011. So if anything we may get 2 or 3 more. But I'm pretty sure 180x-1839 won't be here till then.

• 4 weeks later...

It is official! Orion and New Flyer have begun pre-production planning for their pending contract awards. Specs and options have now been finalized.

As it stands right now, both contracts are set to be approved by the board on January 23rd.

It appears as if a couple pilots will be sent to Zerega within the next 3-4 months. The Orion order will be similar to the new LIB delivery process, where the rest of the production models will follow soon behind the pilot.

The New Flyer order appears to be playing out like the Nova LFS order, where the production pilot will be sent to Zerega for acceptance evaluation and testing. At that point the bus will either be sent back to NF for modification, or the remainder off the order will follow imediately. This will be the end off the most interesting saga in DOB history!

These are the confirmed bus models we will see this year:

Nova LFS diesel

New Flyer C40LFR (CNG)

New Flyer D40LFR (diesel)

Orion VII E10 (3G diesel)

Prevost Express Coaches (first ever for a transit application)

I believe this will go down in history as one off the best moves Walder has made! This levels the playing field, and NF, Nova, and Orion are about to send us some of the best buses to ever come off their respective assembly lines! I can't wait to see what they all have to offer!!

It is official! Orion and New Flyer have begun pre-production planning for their pending contract awards. Specs and options have now been finalized.

As it stands right now, both contracts are set to be approved by the board on January 23rd.

It appears as if a couple pilots will be sent to Zerega within the next 3-4 months. The Orion order will be similar to the new LIB delivery process, where the rest of the production models will follow soon behind the pilot.

The New Flyer order appears to be playing out like the Nova LFS order, where the production pilot will be sent to Zerega for acceptance evaluation and testing. At that point the bus will either be sent back to NF for modification, or the remainder off the order will follow imediately. This will be the end off the most interesting saga in DOB history!

These are the confirmed bus models we will see this year:

Nova LFS diesel

New Flyer C40LFR (CNG)

New Flyer D40LFR (diesel)

Orion VII E10 (3G diesel)

Prevost Express Coaches (first ever for a transit application)

I believe this will go down in history as one off the best moves Walder has made! This levels the playing field, and NF, Nova, and Orion are about to send us some of the best buses to ever come off their respective assembly lines! I can't wait to see what they all have to offer!!

Just a nitpick: There has been one prior Prevost express coach for a transit application: 20 buses for GO Transit (metro Toronto) in the late 1990s, although these buses are probably retired from GO by now with their fleet now being mostly if not all-MCI. These were transit-spec'd LeMirage coaches.

Just a nitpick: There has been one prior Prevost express coach for a transit application: 20 buses for GO Transit (metro Toronto) in the late 1990s, although these buses are probably retired from GO by now with their fleet now being mostly if not all-MCI. These were transit-spec'd LeMirage coaches.

Thanks! I never knew that.

It may not be the first transit agency for Prevost but it will be the first time they've done a product for an American transit agency so history will still be made. It's all great news to me! :):cool::tup:

I have a question for East New York and anyone else in the know. Has there been any word about a new order of Articulated buses anywhere in the mix? If so, which manufacturers are in the running or is it now a Nova dominated field for NYC?

I ask this because I've been told that the 1000's are in pretty bad shape now and with us in a new year, it seems like the time is now for the beginning of the replacements of the D60HF's.

I have a question for East New York and anyone else in the know. Has there been any word about a new order of Articulated buses anywhere in the mix? If so, which manufacturers are in the running or is it now a Nova dominated field for NYC?

I ask this because I've been told that the 1000's are in pretty bad shape now and with us in a new year, it seems like the time is now for the beginning of the replacements of the D60HF's.

I cant remember if I posted this yet, but the TA is planning to award a contract for 185 artics at the end of the summer. I'm being told it will go to Nova as well.

All were retired in 2009-2010

1806-1821 were briefly used in 2009 as well.

BTW, with the GO Transit fleet, I meant all-MCI and double-deckers; the double-deckers probably replaced the LeMirages.

No more MCI's replaced the LeMirages II's and the Enrivo 500 DD's are used for the hwy 407 routes

Rumor has it, the TA is seriously considering a change to the pending New Flyer purchase order. Since we already have C40LFR's coming in, the TA may now want to test 90 XD40's instead of 90 D40LFR's. The Xcelsior has been getting rave reviews so far, and it is said to be the reason for the possible change!

This just gets better every day!

Go (MTA)!!! :cool:

Rumor has it, the TA is seriously considering a change to the pending New Flyer purchase order. Since we already have C40LFR's coming in, the TA may now want to test 90 XD40's instead of 90 D40LFR's. The Xcelsior has been getting rave reviews so far, and it is said to be the reason for the possible change!

This just gets better every day!

Go (MTA)!!! :cool:

Curious: Is there such a thing as an XC40 (an Xcelsior CNG)?

Archived