The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

The Novas are coming to Ulmer Park depot in January of 2011. The depot will be getting 40 of them. I can't wait. I enjoyed driving it when it was in the experimental stages on the B6. Finally getting some new buses in the depots inventory will be a good thing.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Novas are coming to Ulmer Park depot in January of 2011. The depot will be getting 40 of them. I can't wait. I enjoyed driving it when it was in the experimental stages on the B6. Finally getting some new buses in the depots inventory will be a good thing.

Finally! Thanks!:tup::tup::tup:

What a way to start 2011! That's exciting and I will be on lookout for them when they arrive.

How do you know this ?

Update and NYCTF Exclusive!!

Up next are the finalized orders for 90 Orion VII 3G diesels, and 90 New Flyer D40LFR diesels. They are set to be awarded at or around the same time.

After that, we will award another contract for 60 express coaches. It's unclear where they will be coming from as of right now.:cool:

Fantastic to see all this new fleet diversity! By 2014 or so we should have:

- MCI coaches

- Prevost coaches

- Novabus RTSes (dying)

- Novabus LFSes

- Orion 5s (dying)

- Orion 7 OGs

- Orion 7 NGs

- Orion 7 3Gs

- NF D60HFs

- NF D40LFs

- NF D40LFRs

- Designlines ESVRs

Maybe we can balance out the NTT monotony in the subway with the bus fleet!

Oh, by the way, any news on the O7 OGs repowering contract?

O7 OG`s are being re-powered?

See here: http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25040

EDIT @ 1:13 AM:

I've been reading over the Board Meeting for Dec 2010 and here a listing of some of the depots to receive buses from all of these orders:

-Jackie Gleason

-West Farms

-College Point

-Ulmer Park

-Fresh Pond

-Queens Village

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/101213_1115_BUS.pdf (Page 54/57)

I want to see another batch of MCIs come in for the (MTA). Those DL3s and D4500s are unfortunately on their way out.

I would agree, but with the new Cummins engines going in those, they may be quiet as all hell. Right now for the express fleet, I dont really give a damn as long as Staten Island can get back up on its feet and have a stable express fleet.

I work at fresh pond depot now and I haven't heard anything about new buses.we desperately need new buses.I saw a next gen hybrid on the fuel line the other day,but the problem is those buses don't fit under the m train el above the depot only the rts fit.if fresh pond is getting new buses exactly what bus will it be bc being that grand ave lost the b43 I know they are loosing some buses maybe fresh pond will get some next gen's from grand ave.

I work at fresh pond depot now and I haven't heard anything about new buses.we desperately need new buses.I saw a next gen hybrid on the fuel line the other day,but the problem is those buses don't fit under the m train el above the depot only the rts fit.if fresh pond is getting new buses exactly what bus will it be bc being that grand ave lost the b43 I know they are loosing some buses maybe fresh pond will get some next gen's from grand ave.

Your depot is slated to get Clever Devices hardware, and that will be installed on all the new buses. You all will likely get New Flyers, or Orion 3G's. At this time I don't know what model you will get for sure, but you are on the list to get brand new buses. That I know for a fact.

Archived