GMC/TMC/Nova RTS Discussion

RockParkH

There are plenty of oportunities for new bus manufacturers.You guys are looking at the big city TA's.There are plenty of smaller agencies in smaller cities and towns throughout the U.S and Canada.Not to mention airports need shuttle buses too.LGA,Liberty international and Kennedy has Orions HEV 7's doing shuttle runs throughout the airport.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are plenty of oportunities for new bus manufacturers.You guys are looking at the big city TA's.There are plenty of smaller agencies in smaller cities and towns throughout the U.S and Canada.Not to mention airports need shuttle buses too.LGA,Liberty international and Kennedy has Orions HEV 7's doing shuttle runs throughout the airport.

Yeah, exactly.

I dont want to be the bad news here. All the bus industries are struggling to make orders in this year and next year. Competition is fierce and some of the smaller bus makers like Millennium wont be survive this short term period to get big or small contracts... not alot of TAs purchasing buses, right now.... We could get some Washington help for another stimulus package and it may just help...

Millennium Transit still not ready for 'primetime', such a shame for the RTS product end that way, maybe....

• 2 weeks later...
On a side note, the M11 powered RTS' will be overhauled!!:P I have a slew of updates that I will post throughout the weekend across the entire forum.

*raises eyebrows*

M11? As in Cummins M11E? Weren't those buses retired in late December?

Unless I'm missing something

The team at MTS is continuing to define both their business and marketing plans.

When they return to the market, they will be in a position to provide a quality product that is both reliable, above curent industry standard, and will be able to rival all current competitors. The business plan is solid, and funding for all projects will not be an issue for the company.

The team will introduce a product that the company will be able to support in all capacity for years to come. They will also provide transit agencies with OEM parts and support for all current and future RTS fleets.

"Edited"

Stay tuned!

MTS is definitely gearing up for primetime! I'll have a full update on things tomorrow once I get settled back in!

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!! It's good to see you again ENY and I look foward to seeing what MTS has up it's sleeve!

Yes Sir! The TA is awarding Cummins a contract for M11, ISB, and ISB02 maintenance. Just when you thought they were dead huh?:)

I got a phone call, an e-mail, and 2 AIM's telling me that I should post the source to shut everybody up. Of course I NEVER do that, and I NEVER will! But here is a better one. I wasn't even aware that the contract had already been drafted. So here it is for all the non-believing haters! Especially the ones at my OTHER favorite transit blog! Lol. I forget some of you loons need everything in black and white. For some reason I thought we were past that by now. Shame on me for forgetting that some of you all take this transit stuff way too serious! I'm such an idiot!;)

If ANYONE ELSE needs ANYTHING ELSE I have posted referenced, send me a PM and I'll get right on that just for you!:tup: NOT!

Unfortunately I have a life and don't have time to always cite references and try to keep up on what's going on in the industry at all times, seeing as I am bombarded with information on a near daily basis.

CumminsContract.jpg

Why are they bringing back those M11 RTSs? I mean they are 15 years old and there is only a little bit of them. What's the point? Is the really a need to bring back nine 15+ year old buses? :confused::confused:

The TA is getting and excellent deal on the entire maintenance package. It's a win win situation. The price is a steal, and they want to get as much life out of the RTS fleet as they can. With overhauled engines, those buses can last untill 2020 easily. The RTS structure itself is built to last virtually forever.

When I first heard about it some time ago, I thought it was one of the best ideas yet, but I declined to even start a thread about it for obvious reasons. I haven't been in the mood to argue or debate lately. But I never would have imagined the TA could secure a deal like that for under a half million dollars! Plus, you know we will get nothing less than top quality maintenance from the OEM. Bravo Walder! Bravo Cummins!

The TA is getting and excellent deal on the entire maintenance package. It's a win win situation. The price is a steal, and they want to get as much life out of the RTS fleet as they can. With overhauled engines, those buses can last untill 2020 easily. The RTS structure itself is built to last virtually forever.

They will last that long as the (MTA) keeps them outta LGA's hands,lol!:P

In all seriousness, the RTS is built like a tank. The only RTSs only weakness is the rear bulkheads and with proper maintenance they'll never snap.That's why I think alot of current RTS operators are gonna be all over the RTS LFs if they are shown to have that same ruggedness. I know for fact that RIPTA wants more RTSs. They went to Orion for O5s because at the time they wanted to stay in the HF game, and when it came time for their LF order they were not impressed with the O7. They are not really that hot on the Gilligs either but it's a lesser evil than NF or NABI.....that last statement is from the GM of RIPTA himself!

RIPTA is probably one of the last transit agencies to run 1992 RTS-06s in revenue service....and everything works! I could totally see them ordering RTS LFs to retire their 98/00s RTS HFs.

When those M11Es get repaired, they should send them to Quill! (not going to happen, I know) They know how to take care of them buses for an extended period of time, prime example, the 8600s & the New Looks they had way back in the early/mid-90s, they were the last to get retired!

When those M11Es get repaired, they should send them to Quill! (not going to happen, I know) They know how to take care of them buses for an extended period of time, prime example, the 8600s & the New Looks they had way back in the early/mid-90s, they were the last to get retired!

Screw that, bring them back home where they were raised all their lives :P

But seriously, why were they retired first?

Screw that, bring them back home where they were raised all their lives :P

But seriously, why were they retired first?

And repaint them so they're blackback :P

If you are talkin' about the M11 RTS's, they were retired as they were an oddball fleet while all other RTS are DD powered. They also broke down alot, I hear.

I cant wait for them to come back, the most unique buses from Fresh Pond!!

And repaint them so they're blackback :P

If you are talkin' about the M11 RTS's, they were retired as they were an oddball fleet while all other RTS are DD powered. They also broke down alot, I hear.

I cant wait for them to come back, the most unique buses from Fresh Pond!!

Oh please, if they were so much of an oddball fleet, they couldve repowered them, like they did with 9141 (and possibly 9147 from what I heard). And aside from those ZFs at Ulmer Park, the M11E buses were the most unique RTSs in the city

Oh please, if they were so much of an oddball fleet, they couldve repowered them, like they did with 9141 (and possibly 9147 from what I heard). And aside from those ZFs at Ulmer Park, the M11E buses were the most unique RTSs in the city

I am sure MTA has a lots of DD50 engines that can swipe it and reconfigure it those remaining Cummins powered RTS. Its seems to be a waste to keep maintain the oddballs that sounded better then DD50, especially their age.

I am sure MTA has a lots of DD50 engines that can swipe it and reconfigure it those remaining Cummins powered RTS. Its seems to be a waste to keep maintain the oddballs that sounded better then DD50, especially their age.

No, it would be a waste to swap engines.

Archived