R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

On 6/29/2020 at 8:09 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

The union did not want them running.  Period.  Since the R32's are supposed to be running Wed. July 1 as per newspaper reports, I suppose the union lost their "appeal".  If they went to an arbitrator IDK. Maybe the union just expressed their concerns and transit is blocking off the front of the cabs to the satisfaction of the union, IDK.  But management has a lot of power.  For example if the union does not like a new work program ( jobs/schedules the workers pick) they can complain all they want, but management has the final say.  The union has given up a lot in RTO for recent contracts.  "If you give this and that up you get your raise" .  RTO gives it up and the fruits go to every TWU represented worker in the company.   Train Operators and Conductors always vote "NO" on contracts.

There's a lot of politics involved with unions anyway.  But no matter how much the workers are disenfranchised with their union (any union) "A lousy union is better than no union".  You young ones will realize this someday.  My advice: never work for a company that has a lot of workers with no union.  I did before transit.  A bank, and the company treated us like sh**, worse than TWU would ever do.  That's the problem with Amazon.  All the company needs to hear or see some guy is trying to organize one, he'll get fired with some trumped up BS charges.   But I'm getting too far off topic......

Thank you. I really hope that Dems, if they take the Senate and Biden wins undoes one of the most damaging pieces of legislation in American history, the Taft-Hartley Act of 1946, which allowed states to pass right-to-work laws.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

You guys do know that the R32s are going to be rush hour only right?

How exactly will that work? alot of the sets are used all day. Only 6 are peak only and they may need more than that.

30 minutes ago, happy283 said:

How exactly will that work? alot of the sets are used all day. Only 6 are peak only and they may need more than that.

For now it's rush hour only, there's about 3-4 R32's running as Z trains 

2 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

Thank you. I really hope that Dems, if they take the Senate and Biden wins undoes one of the most damaging pieces of legislation in American history, the Taft-Hartley Act of 1946, which allowed states to pass right-to-work laws.

That's a tall order for the party.

As long as the inspectors keep "For Want of a Nail" in mind, we should be okay once the R179s return.

4 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

For now it's rush hour only, there's about 3-4 R32's running as Z trains 

Only 3-4? Are there enough R160s to do the rest. To my knowledge they only have 11 R160s assigned to the (J) which would leave 7 more trains needed for full service.

8 hours ago, happy283 said:

Only 3-4? Are there enough R160s to do the rest. To my knowledge they only have 11 R160s assigned to the (J) which would leave 7 more trains needed for full service.

They’re still managing to use the R143’s. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Idk why you keep asking for these "updates" when you get them as soon as it's available from a reliable source.

Without asking.

Because I'm sick of other people send me this message again I saw in my email I'm sorry I apologize for interruption but let me know when it will R179 comes back but I saw other people send me this message again I'm trying to bother you or other I'm taking a break for asking questions but let me know for updated.

Just now, Rigojefte Galo said:

Because I'm sick of other people send me this message again I saw in my email I'm sorry I apologize for interruption but let me know when it will R179 comes back but I saw other people send me this message again I'm trying to bother you or other I'm taking a break for asking questions but let me know for updated.

I mean I tried not to bother you or other I'm sorry I made a mistake. 

6 minutes ago, Rigojefte Galo said:

My comment was meant for Mr. Happy.

Unless, you are Mr. Happy and this is a second account you made🤔🤔🤔. Funny thing is this account I'm replying to is a month old too.

something-fishy-is-going-on.jpg

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Idk why you keep asking for these "updates" when you get them as soon as it's available from a reliable source.

Without asking.

Sometimes people have insider information that isnt disclosed to the public. If that isnt the case here, just say so. For future reference, a yes or no would do.

On a separate note, I have had this account for at least a year, I dont know who that Rigojefte guy is who keeps responding in a slurred and incoherent fashion.

Edited by happy283

11 hours ago, happy283 said:

On a separate note, I have had this account for at least a year, I dont know who that Rigojefte guy is who keeps responding in a slurred and incoherent fashion.

Just saying if it wasn't you there was no need to reply at all to make it more believable. Anyways, no need to focus on this anymore. Carry on. 

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Just saying if it wasn't you there was no need to reply at all to make it more believable. Anyways, no need to focus on this anymore. Carry on. 

Just trying to set the record straight and curb speculation.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

Here's one good update

2-3 R179's left concourse 

2 10 car units went back to pitkin

1 8 car unit is back at ENY yard as I went past the yard and see it on the deck.

Those went back for thorough inspection from what I hear, NOT service. I know you didn’t say they went to their respective locations for service but someone here will take your update and RUN far with it. 

6 minutes ago, VIP said:

Those went back for thorough inspection from what I hear, NOT service. I know you didn’t say they went to their respective locations for service but someone here will take your update and RUN far with it. 

Yea, people already started rumors. But it's just 4 cars, it's sandwiched in front of an R32.