R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should also have the bullet in the side sign. They should definitely have it in the front. I can,t tell whether it is an (E) or an(F) unless an R46 comes and I know it's an F. I hope it would be an R46 E and then we would all start foming

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

maybe for fun they're cool but not when you have to make perfect station stops and if you're trying to get to the punch box and stop short the conductor opens up because the 32s have no door enablers! lol (yes, it happened to me)

I understand the hard work. Also, less space is a problem. Annoying for employees. Good for railfans!  :)

They have SMEEs on the A division too.... just sayin.

Why does everyone on here assume I have a hatred towards SMEE's? For god sakes my second favorite line is the (3) . DJ don't take it the wrong way I'm not trying to single you out but don't take my troll Post's seriously I could really give a flying f**k about these trains I don't have an emotional attachment to them... And don't ask me how f**ks can fly or else I'll be on the next flight towards Florida ^_^ carry on with the 179 discussion before TTC throws a bitchfit.

Why does everyone on here assume I have a hatred towards SMEE's? For god sakes my second favorite line is the (3) . DJ don't take it the wrong way I'm not trying to single you out but don't take my troll Post's seriously I could really give a flying f**k about these trains I don't have an emotional attachment to them... And don't ask me how f**ks can fly or else I'll be on the next flight towards Florida ^_^ carry on with the 179 discussion before TTC throws a bitchfit.

Why are you getting so damn defensive for? Where in my last post did I say that you hated SMEEs. Please show me where did I say that. I pointed out SMEEs are on the A division as well. Dude take a f**king chill pill.

Why are you getting so damn defensive for? Where in my last post did I say that you hated SMEEs. Please show me where did I say that. I pointed out SMEEs are on the A division as well. Dude take a f**king chill pill.

You down voted my post "R142 > R12", you threw a tantrum in the chat, and now you're assuming that I meant the A division was 100% NTT based off of my post to Lexaveexpress. Add it up and use your brain it's not hard.

I am flattered that you always feel compelled to mention my name when this discussion comes up. Really, I am.

They have SMEEs on the A division too.... just sayin.

I should have known that you'd out troll Screechy. At any rate he's pissed off with someone else entirely, so, while I normally wouldn't, I'll apologize in his behalf.

And then on the next page I clearly said I was just having fun.

Dude, we could both lament on and on about this but it's apparent to most everyone that some members around here take miniscule unimportant issues quite seriously. I'm not naming anyone but it's usually the same people, that's my piece.

I am flattered that you always feel compelled to mention my name when this discussion comes up. Really, I am.

Bitchfit: When a person, usually a female is angry and upset about something and starts whining/crying/yelling/screaming/throwing things when things don't go their way.

I'm just here counting the days away until the first set hits the test tracks (Sea Beach, Rockaways, Culver Viaduct or whatnot)  on 12/22/2014 before its 30 day is scheduled to begin in March 2015. That's all I know. Lets hope another devastating hurricane does not come out of nowhere and delays this further like it did with the R188 intro because the Rockaways tracks got all washed up delaying conditional acceptance testing.

Edited by realizm

Bitchfit: When a person, usually a female is angry and upset about something and starts whining/crying/yelling/screaming/throwing things when things don't go their way.

I don't have the time to waste getting angry about something a bunch of strangers said online. I've already said that my usage of swear words does not indicate that I am angry - here it is again:

Not for nothing, but since when did swearing suddenly become an instant sign of anger? I, and many others, have sworn many times before when we were not even remotely pissed off.

I am as calm as I've ever been.

I'm just here counting the days away until the first set hits the test tracks (Sea Beach, Rockaways, Culver Viaduct or whatnot)  on 12/22/2014 before its 30 day is scheduled to begin in March 2015. That's all I know. Lets hope another devastating hurricane does not come out of nowhere and delays this further like it did with the R188 intro because the Rockaways tracks got all washed up delaying conditional acceptance testing.

Isn't Sea Beach's "test track" about to become a revenus track some time in 2014? They are taking one local track out of service to renovate stations from 8 Avenue to Bay Parkway.

I don't have the time to waste getting angry about something a bunch of strangers said online. I've already said that my usage of swear words does not indicate that I am angry - here it is again:

Then stop replying. None of what you three have been posting pertains to R179.

Isn't Sea Beach's "test track" about to become a revenus track some time in 2014? They are taking one local track out of service to renovate stations from 8 Avenue to Bay Parkway.

Oh yeah, the Sea Beach rehabilitation project to start in 2015. Very likely that may be how the CCC may approach station and benchwall restoration work throughout the entire open cut line, by utilizing the middle track as they start shutting down platforms for long term overhaul.

Edited by realizm

I am as calm as I've ever been.

Likewise I share the same sentiments, further evidenced in my following quote.

I don't give a f**king damn.