EE Broadway Local

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mets play way better on the road these days than at Citi. :(

It's the curse of Citi Field, better chance of the Braves sweeping the Mets

then the other way around. Right now it's a 2 team race for the NL WC

between the Braves and the D-Backs.

But the D-Backs are in the division race unlike the Braves.

The Phillies will be the 1st team to clinch a playoff spot.

It's the curse of Citi Field, better chance of the Braves sweeping the Mets

then the other way around. Right now it's a 2 team race for the NL WC

between the Braves and the D-Backs.

But the D-Backs are in the division race unlike the Braves.

The Phillies will be the 1st team to clinch a playoff spot.

Very true locomotion on the braves-Dbacks/Giants NL west 2nd place winner gettting the NL wild card. Atlanta and Arizona are among the worst sports towns in America. Not that I am a NL fan but would rather a team like the NL Central 2nd place place like the Brewers or the fading Pirates get it. Milaw. and Pitt are very good sports towns.:eek:

The Braves in the 90s, when they dominated the NL East seemed to have no problems in terms of attendence. Their problem is their starters got old and they've become dependent on their farm system. Since then the Mets [till 2007] and Phillies took their place atop the NL East.

Florida in both areas are still, imo, the worst towns for MLB. The A's would've benefitted by a move to San Jose. Selig bowing to the Giants in not fighting for the A's to move there over stupid territorial rights is killing the A's.

The Braves in the 90s, when they dominated the NL East seemed to have no problems in terms of attendence. Their problem is their starters got old and they've become dependent on their farm system. Since then the Mets [till 2007] and Phillies took their place atop the NL East.

Florida in both areas are still, imo, the worst towns for MLB. The A's would've benefitted by a move to San Jose. Selig bowing to the Giants in not fighting for the A's to move there over stupid territorial rights is killing the A's.

Very true Concourse. However Atlanta has and will always be a hotbed for their 1st love,

college football. Even the NFL Falcons if they not doing well will have a hard time selling out. Those Braves teams became the 'it' team in the '90's and it helped before Time Warner brought them from Ted Turner, they broadcast Atlanta Baves games across America. Thus some of those tickets came from fans all over the country and not just from the "ATL" area.

That was the reason they had among the highest ticket solds (along with the Blue Jays) in the early/mid-'90's. And don't forget this as well lol cicrca 1991.:(

http://www.youtube.com/user/bobtwc1?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/UPNa9TB7IAk

Very true Concourse. However Atlanta has and will always be a hotbed for their 1st love,

college football. Even the NFL Falcons if they not doing well will have a hard time selling out. Those Braves teams became the 'it' team in the '90's and it helped before Time Warner brought them from Ted Turner, they broadcast Atlanta Baves games across America. Thus some of those tickets came from fans all over the country and not just from the "ATL" area.

That was the reason they had among the highest ticket solds (along with the Blue Jays) in the early/mid-'90's. And don't forget this as well lol cicrca 1991.:(

http://www.youtube.com/user/bobtwc1?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/UPNa9TB7IAk

Don't forget the Falcons had a tough time with attendance until the "2 Legit 2 Quit" Falcons of 1991 due to bad seasons.

Don't forget the Falcons had a tough time with attendance until the "2 Legit 2 Quit" Falcons of 1991 due to bad seasons.

Also more recent they were '2' other periods where the Falcons had very good attendence. First was around 2003-'04 w/ Micheal Vick and reaching their conference title game.

Other was last season(2010) when they sold out their last several games as team finished with the best regular season record in NFL. As we all remember they lost in their playoff game.

It's a shame they don't add a few extra rows of seats for the OF. It's no wonder David Wright or Bay have dropped in productivity. If Citifield's dimensions were like that of Yankee Stadium, their numbers would be more respectable. Then again, maybe they fear it'd be more empty seats?

Bay has 301 AB's and only 7 HR's, 8 doubles, 1 triple.

He doesn't hit for power in any stadium.

This is a guy who's lowest HR total over 100 games in a season is 21.

The only stat that has gone up are his strike out numbers, LOL.:tdown:

Bay has 301 AB's and only 7 HR's, 8 doubles, 1 triple.

He doesn't hit for power in any stadium.

This is a guy who's lowest HR total over 100 games in a season is 21.

The only stat that has gone up are his strike out numbers, LOL.:tdown:

Jason Bay it seems is one of the nicer guys in all of MLB including his charity work. With that said, he been one of the worst Met free agent signing in their recent history(since 1995). Granted he got tons of injuries but honestly maybe Bay needs a change of teams to re start his carrer. With that said it be hard to trade him with his large contract.

Yankees take sole possession of 1st place, beating the sux, 3-2

one bad inning from jon luster was all it took.

Cool

Seriously the regular season does not mean that much bro (B35). Both the Yankees and Red 'Sux' lol will be in the 'October dance.'

It about trying to get to the World Series. IMO the Rangers and even the Tigers(if they win the AL Central)worry me more as a Yankee fan come post season than Boston right now. This Red Sox team is good but no way as good the championship teams of '04 and '07.

Yankees take sole possession of 1st place, beating the sux, 3-2

one bad inning from jon luster was all it took.

I don't think it will matter which of these teams finishes in first place as the other will end up being the wild card barring a miracle run from the Angels or Rays. The current standings show the Angels are 7.5 games behind in the wild card and the Rays are 9 games back. It will still be interesting to see the rest of the Yankees-Red Sox matchups this season as we could have an ALCS preview on our hands.

Yankees are in first place now and they are on fire. The team is sporting an 8 game winning streak.

On the Indians/Rangers game, Ubaldo was mediocre. Can't wait to see Strasburg once the Nationals shut down Jordan Zimmermann.

Cool

Seriously the regular season does not mean that much bro (B35). Both the Yankees and Red 'Sux' lol will be in the 'October dance.'

It about trying to get to the World Series. IMO the Rangers and even the Tigers(if they win the AL Central)worry me more as a Yankee fan come post season than Boston right now. This Red Sox team is good but no way as good the championship teams of '04 and '07.

Can't get to the World Series without makin it to the playoffs....

Can't make it to the playoffs if you don't win your division or win the wildcard....

Can't win your division or the wildcard if you don't play good enough to do so during the.... regular season !

Yeah they'll both get in, but whenever the Yanks get one up (figuratively, and in this case, literally) on the sux, it's always a good thing for us.... that's why I mentioned it... especially when you have these god damned boston stans on ESPN.....

I don't think it will matter which of these teams finishes in first place as the other will end up being the wild card barring a miracle run from the Angels or Rays. The current standings show the Angels are 7.5 games behind in the wild card and the Rays are 9 games back. It will still be interesting to see the rest of the Yankees-Red Sox matchups this season as we could have an ALCS preview on our hands.

Neither do I....

the AL west stinks this year, the AL central always beats themselves up year in & year out, and the rays are a lost cause....

what's that sign some fan held up at the trop earlier this season - "No Manny, no ring".... lmao.... regardless if they got manny, the way they've been performing this year was to be expected after the dismantling of the team anyway....

speaking of the central, when was the last time 2 teams made it out of that division......

On the Indians/Rangers game, Ubaldo was mediocre. Can't wait to see Strasburg once the Nationals shut down Jordan Zimmermann.

Ubaldo is overrated; strikes me as one of these above average NL pitchers that would bomb once they face AL hitting on a consistent basis....

Ever since that blown call by Jerry Meals the Pirates have gone straight

downhill. 8 game losing streak, they gave up 15 runs to the worst hitting team in the NL(Padres)yesterday.

What is the hold up with Einhorn? the guy who was going to

be a minority partner with the Wilpons? If it's taking this long

it can't be good. They started negotiating over 2 months ago.

Ever since that blown call by Jerry Meals the Pirates have gone straight

downhill. 8 game losing streak, they gave up 15 runs to the worst hitting team in the NL(Padres)yesterday.

What is the hold up with Einhorn? the guy who was going to

be a minority partner with the Wilpons? If it's taking this long

it can't be good. They started negotiating over 2 months ago.

While losing streaks are a part of even ws-championship team runs, the freefall by the Pirates has surprised me a little bit. Their starters which was pitching 'lights out' has fallen apart since after the "Meals incident.' Thus explains this losing streak. To me to lose to the Cubs and Padres like that (both this season are 2nd division pretenders lol)shows the Pirates at best will only win 80-85 games.

So forget (barring a long winning streak)a playoff spot Bucs fans. At this point Pitt. should focus instead on trying to say win at least 85 and get ready for 2012 as a serious contender in NL Central. In off season, the Bucs really need a #1 or #2 starter (trade or free agent signing)and a strong clean up hitter. My feeling is that my pre-season pick the Brewers will win the NL Central.

They are very close to becoming the next Rays and a playoff contender.

As far as the Mets, locomotion remember in business, something like finding a new owner or partner/co-owners can take a few minutes. I am sure Bud Selig after the Frank McCourt fisaco with the Dodgers will from now, require strong background checks 'to join the boys club' on all future

planned ownership/investments on all MLB clubs.

Baseball 2011:

For now, the first-half success and warm stories appear to be on hold, or maybe fading.

The Pirates, on an eight (8) game losing streak this morning find themselves at 54 - 57 (.486) now eight (8) games behind the Brewers; The Nationals (Yay! I remembered!) find themselves at 54 -58 (.482) now 19 games behind the Phillies and The Indians find themselves 55 -55 now four (4) games behind the Tigers.

The Mets (Yay!! I also remembered!!) are staying right around .500 and find themselves at 55 - 56.

This season, I'm kind of amazed by the Yankees. They're competitive and are engaging in yet another classic Yankees-Red Sox race/battle.

After defeating the Red Sox 3 to 2 last night, my team is 69 -42, good for .622 and 27 games over .500. They're also back in first (1st) place in the A.L. East, one (1) game over those Red Sox. :(

C.C., helping the Yankees again this seaon, and with a 16 and 5 start tries for his 17th win today.

I would have to say C.C. ranks among the Yankees' finest free angent acquistions over the years.

While not at .300, I feel The Captain is helping with his .277 average. Keep in mind he is 37 years old and in his 17th season as a Shortstop.

Archived