The 2011 Major & Minor League, College Baseball & Baseball Card Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just one of those nights, CC.

Missed the game as i probably we see it later tonight/early Sat. Morning on either "Yankees Rewind" or MLB Network's "Quick Pitch" wrap up show.

Few callers i heard this morning on WFAN mentioning CC was a 'shoe-in' for winning 25 games. Now at best very slim to get to 25 wins as he has to win every game in his remaining starts.:eek:

I don't know why I find that funny....

after I saw the first 3, I turned the channel & chalked it up as a L....

same here.

Anyone think the extra day of rest he's gotten for the past two starts has anything to do with this? Then again, he's been terrible against the Sawx all season, and he's never beaten David Price as a Yankee.

Man something is wrong with Carlos Zambrano. Dude is going to retire just like that? Only a crazy guy would do such a thing especially with the millions left on that contract.

Thank God Minaya never traded for him.

It would have been a nightmare here especially with the media.

I am going to miss his temper tantrums if he really does retire, lol.

He is only 30 yrs old though.

Oh, so your're telling me you prefered Victor Zambrano over Carlos?? Kidding aside the Mets could have traded for Carlos but never give him an extension like the Cubs did. What am I saying?? Minaya could of done it!!

In other news A-Rod and Stephen Strasburg had great rehab games last night though they were not playing against each other. This including Bryce Harper hitting a walk off homerun against Ryan Pope at Harrisburg. Dellin Betances pitched in the same game and was dominant. 7 innings of 1 run ball, 1 walk and 5 or 6 k's is a start even the Yankees will take. Harper went 0 for 3 against Betances with a strikeout, groundout, and a lineout to the LF.

This is why MLB is at times so stupid making their schedules. Both the Mets and Yanks were rained out out of their games today 8/14/11.

Why were both teams 'home' at same time especially for games the last 5-6 days? When i was growing up MLB would try to have the Mets at home and Yankees on the 'road' (vice versa)to avoid a situation like this and less chance for a rainout.

What are you talking about? The Mets are playing in Arizona, on the road, so they can't be rained out.

Woops my bad:o. LOL. Thought the Mets were home as i was 'away' out of town in DC lol and just got back home. Still the Mets and Yankees were home together(at new stadium and Citifield) this past week for a few games though. Still was corncern in case there was rain like today when both have 'homestands' at same time.

same here.

Anyone think the extra day of rest he's gotten for the past two starts has anything to do with this? Then again, he's been terrible against the Sawx all season, and he's never beaten David Price as a Yankee.

nah... I think CC just flat out got beat on friday....

Man something is wrong with Carlos Zambrano. Dude is going to retire just like that? Only a crazy guy would do such a thing especially with the millions left on that contract.

Carlos Zambrano is a headcase; Let him "retire"..... It would be for the good of baseball....

good riddance....

- Too bad for Uggla w/ the 0-3 day & the ending of his hitting streak.... Now if he can only improve on his defensive game... he has to be one of the worst defensive 2B in the game today....

- That 30 day DQ list... When MLB network first mentioned it, I *smh* at that... I've never heard of anything like that in my life, in any sport.... is that something the league just made up....

- Too bad for Uggla w/ the 0-3 day & the ending of his hitting streak.... Now if he can only improve on his defensive game... he has to be one of the worst defensive 2B in the game today....

- That 30 day DQ list... When MLB network first mentioned it, I *smh* at that... I've never heard of anything like that in my life, in any sport.... is that something the league just made up....

Uggla has career "DH" or maybe Rightfielder written all over. We all remember the 2-3 costly errors in last year 1st round NL playoffs vs the Giants. I am surprised he did not get more 'heat' by the media i.e Bill Buckner. Surprised the Braves have not yet swifted him elsewhere.

And regarding the 30 day DQ list. I am sure the Cubs would been have been happy to cut him.

( Carlos Zambrano ) However with a huge price tag that would been a huge waste. This is probably a loophole to avoid suspending Zambrano which would have gotten the MLB players union involved.

If I was the Cubs i would be happy with a bunch of softballs for Zambrano as long as the other club paid the rest of his contract.

This is why MLB is at times so stupid making their schedules. Both the Mets and Yanks were rained out out of their games today 8/14/11.

Why were both teams 'home' at same time especially for games the last 5-6 days? When i was growing up MLB would try to have the Mets at home and Yankees on the 'road' (vice versa)to avoid a situation like this and less chance for a rainout.

The Phillies were rained out too.

Just reading today's (8/15/11)USA Today and there was a major article in their sports section of Japan picthing star Yu Darvish. Maybe someone like SIsubway can tell us more about him. I never heard of Darvish until that article. Now he probably going to be in the North American MLB next season.

Just curious if the Yankees might go after him since other than CC they do have a dire need for a starter.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2011/08/japanese-star-yu-darvish-major-league-baseball/1

From what I've heard, Yu Darvish is supposed to be one of, if not, the best pitchers in Japan right now. In his career with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, he has racked up 75 wins, 32 losses, 974 K, and a 2.12 ERA. In fact, last year he lead the league in WHIP (1.01), strikeouts (222), and ERA (1.78). Oh, he's also half Iranian and half Japanese.

From what I've heard, Yu Darvish is supposed to be one of, if not, the best pitchers in Japan right now. In his career with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, he has racked up 75 wins, 32 losses, 974 K, and a 2.12 ERA. In fact, last year he lead the league in WHIP (1.01), strikeouts (222), and ERA (1.78). Oh, he's also half Iranian and half Japanese.

So Darvish is a power pitcher right? Is there any pitcher in MLB he compares to? Sorry to sound dumb but again i never seen him before not even on TV. I am surprised ESPN or MLB Network has yet to do stories about him.:confused:

Japanese pitchers....

I'm still waitin to see the rare supernatural all powerful mystical gyroball from daisuke matsuzaka..... smfh....

anyway, who is this yu garbage guy y'all talkin about.... never heard of him....

lemme guess, the yankees & the red sox are the frontrunners to pickin this guy up ?

Japanese pitchers....

I'm still waitin to see the rare supernatural all powerful mystical gyroball from daisuke matsuzaka..... smfh....

anyway, who is this yu garbage guy y'all talkin about.... never heard of him....

lemme guess, the yankees & the red sox are the frontrunners to pickin this guy up ?

Oh i seen him before but did not know the name. Here he is pitching against the US MLB all star in the 2009 World Baseball Classic semifinal game.

Guys you be the judge.:eek:

@Shortline Bus: That was against South Korea though, just saw Shin-Soo Choo of the Indians there.

As for Yu Darvish, I hope the Yankees don't sign him. Look what happened to Hideki Irabu (R.I.P.) and Kei Igawa. So far only Hideo Nomo and Hiroki Kuroda have been successful japanese pitchers in the MLB. And don't even start with Dice-BB. He's out for this season and possibly next year. Let's see who'll sign him after 2012.

@Shortline Bus: That was against South Korea though, just saw Shin-Soo Choo of the Indians there.

As for Yu Darvish, I hope the Yankees don't sign him. Look what happened to Hideki Irabu (R.I.P.) and Kei Igawa. So far only Hideo Nomo and Hiroki Kuroda have been successful japanese pitchers in the MLB. And don't even start with Dice-BB. He's out for this season and possibly next year. Let's see who'll sign him after 2012.

No matter what Alej, Yu Darvish is going to be a rich man(barring injury of course)as several MLB clubs will probably due a bidding war for him.

Archived