SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

18 hours ago, Joyjliradio said:

My thought about nyc subway now, I don’t feel not safe with crime  I thought nyc subway need shout down forever because not safe and I see no one riding the subway now, what do you think about this.

Unfortunately, we got idiots that don't really know wtf they're doing or just taking advantage of getting money from the government only to waste it on some useless shit and other things just not done properly. Even with all this happening, NYC isn't going to shut down the subway any time soon. The subway survived the 80's with all the crime and dirtiness.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Vulturious said:

Unfortunately, we got idiots that don't really know wtf they're doing or just taking advantage of getting money from the government only to waste it on some useless shit and other things just not done properly. Even with all this happening, NYC isn't going to shut down the subway any time soon. The subway survived the 80's with all the crime and dirtiness.

Really do you think so ! The time has changed few year 

I would advise everyone if you're in the subway ( (1) train for the most) to please be careful. But, in all fairness, you never if someone is serious or not. Earlier today around midnight, a man was stabbed just for ignoring them to answer "Do you know the time?" from one out of two individuals. This is one of the incidents and yesterday was on the (5) train around the Upper East Side. 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/10/teen-stabbed-on-nyc-train-after-ignoring-mans-question/?fbclid=IwAR0EWJh3hkFfeTRSf4dNc0P4YIUbwPb2Qrqk8Hf1RQ9Y5aeCB0_P4iIEmc8

Edited by Calvin

22 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I would advise everyone if you're in the subway ( (1) train for the most) to please be careful. But, in all fairness, you never if someone is serious or not. Earlier today around midnight, a man was stabbed just for ignoring them to answer "Do you know the time?" from one out of two individuals. This is one of the incidents and yesterday was on the (5) train around the Upper East Side. 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/10/teen-stabbed-on-nyc-train-after-ignoring-mans-question/?fbclid=IwAR0EWJh3hkFfeTRSf4dNc0P4YIUbwPb2Qrqk8Hf1RQ9Y5aeCB0_P4iIEmc8

Showing once again how many crazed individuals there are.  

9 hours ago, Calvin said:

I remember being at 79th street on the (1) waiting for the train going downtown back in December and there was man (kind of sus looking) sitting down on the bench and said to me “come over here” and giving a hand gesture signaling me to come to him. I looked at him and was like “boss whatever you have to say just say it”! He was still telling me to come over there and I’m like “I’m not coming over there just say what you need to say”. So after 3 seconds he gets up and just walks away. 

Everybody was shouting defund the police in 2020, now everybody wants them back. While the subways are nowhere near 1980s dangerous you still have all these homeless and mentally disturbed folks taking refuge in the subways and on the streets when they shouldn’t be there. If that problem is fixed along with a ton of social problems that currently exist, we wouldn’t be having this conversation all the time. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I remember being at 79th street on the (1) waiting for the train going downtown back in December and there was man (kind of sus looking) sitting down on the bench and said to me “come over here” and giving a hand gesture signaling me to come to him. I looked at him and was like “boss whatever you have to say just say it”! He was still telling me to come over there and I’m like “I’m not coming over there just say what you need to say”. So after 3 seconds he gets up and just walks away. 

Everybody was shouting defund the police in 2020, now everybody wants them back. While the subways are nowhere near 1980s dangerous you still have all these homeless and mentally disturbed folks taking refuge in the subways and on the streets when they shouldn’t be there. If that problem is fixed along with a ton of social problems that currently exist, we wouldn’t be having this conversation all the time. 

They need help homeless asap from city but the city is don’t care about with current mayor. That why I did vote Curtis swina.

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

If the Triboro RX is cheap to do, why is not restoring the north shore branch of the SIR as well?

The ROW is still there, just in pieces and could be restored around 1-2 mil easily if TA doesn’t skyrocket the cost.

There is no project where the TA can even start before the vultures have already landed to take their fill…

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

If the Triboro RX is cheap to do, why is not restoring the north shore branch of the SIR as well?

The ROW is still there, just in pieces and could be restored around 1-2 mil easily if TA doesn’t skyrocket the cost.

Have you not been paying attention to what the MTA's been doing for the past few years?

6 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Today I seen an R142 car with TWO cut out doors in the same car... never seen that before.

I'm sure this happened all the time back in the "bad ol days" of the late 70s and 80s but I wasn't around for that era lol.

Really do you have pictures of it

There are devices being installed on the (7) and (L) trains for T/O's in operation.  Collects info. about the switches, signals and obstacles of their route. Pretty soon, the (E)(F)(R) and (G) will receive the same thing in the future. 

Edited by Calvin

That awkward moment when an Mexican music band and showtime dancers are in the same car at the same time....

Anyway showtime dancers pretty much got no sold (wrestling terminology for no reaction) by the train car and one of them was kind of in his feelings over it.

The panhandling hustle is over saturated, even if one had the talent to showtime dance, it just seems easier to simply just get a job. A lot of jobs are having trouble keeping workers so everyone and their mother is hiring these days.

I mean, one half trip on the (L) had like four or five panhandlers in one car throughout the trip. Nobody is going to give everyone of those people a dollar.

13 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The panhandling hustle is over saturated, even if one had the talent to showtime dance, it just seems easier to simply just get a job. A lot of jobs are having trouble keeping workers so everyone and their mother is hiring these days.

With inflation, people throwing $1 bills at you won't be sustainable in the near future. Should be negotiating pay at a job while the power is in favor of job seekers.

14 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

That awkward moment when an Mexican music band and showtime dancers are in the same car at the same time....

Anyway showtime dancers pretty much got no sold (wrestling terminology for no reaction) by the train car and one of them was kind of in his feelings over it.

I mean, one half trip on the (L) had like four or five panhandlers in one car throughout the trip. Nobody is going to give everyone of those people a dollar.

LMAO..I never understood that kind of hustle...All that energy and talent u waisting for a few dollars...In todays world is mere peanuts....I try when i do use the train to avoid lines like u metion above...And still come across dancers beggers etc...lol

Edited by biGC323232

When the R62As has its 1/2 cab converted to a full-width cab, the bench seat isn't present. However, when it's from full width to 1/2 width, does the 2 extra seats get put back from other R62As that had its middle seats removed? Or that the two seats were part of the conversion. 

On 2/18/2022 at 8:30 PM, trainfan22 said:

Unused R143 strip maps for the Brown <M> . Never knew these existed, back in the pre R160 era I always wanted an R143 to run on the (J) or the weekday Brown <M> but it never happened far as I know.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaDzlGtrcP7/?utm_medium=copy_link

The R143’s do run on the (J). They have mixed (L) and (J) strip maps on the R143’s. 

3 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

The R143’s do run on the (J). They have mixed (L) and (J) strip maps on the R143’s. 

I know. I was talking about before the R160s came. Back then the R143s only ran on the (L) and the weekend (M) . The mixed (L) and (J) strip maps is a recent thing. I rode the (J) regularly in 03-05 and only R42s ran on the line.