SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

On 1/9/2022 at 10:19 PM, trainfan22 said:

I hope the (B) 's equipment will be put onto the N/Q lines and the worst performing R46s can be put into storage until whenever (B) service can be restored..

In a perfect foamer world the (B) fleet would be split between Pikin & CI Haha, don't mind me I just kinda wanna see R68/68As on the (A) line full time:drool: Both 8th Ave and Broadway corridors being a mix of 46s & 68s ohhhh that would be great!

But I doubt it as 68s on the (A) would be an pain in the ass but for dispatcher at 207th, so keep the line 46s and 179s for the time being.

For the past 2 days I have been seeing more R68's on both the (N) and (Q)  than R46's. So i think they are giving some R46's a rest.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was taking the S78 and S79 along Hylan yesterday and the kiosks along the road that showed the arrival of nearby trans and buses displayed the Staten Island Railway as (S) instead of SIR or anything else that would resemble that Staten Island Railway. Interesting.

12 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

For the past 2 days I have been seeing more R68's on both the (N) and (Q)  than R46's. So i think they are giving some R46's a rest.

That’s EXACTLY what’s going on. They have time to work on the 46’s in the Barn now. 

18 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The least they could do is send some (Q) trains express.

Someone actually complained to (MTA) on Twitter that they don't have enough crews to run the (B) but have enough crews to run raggedy a** train farewell trips on the (Q) line. I was hollering.

I was wondering that. It's probably crew's that are mostly on station watch or just yard workers who are just there to supervise the foamers/fanners if they somehow act up including on par with polices. Some crew's on either front, back and ends are just for horn shows or to take a view. It's probably how my way to explain it. And if they actually bring in (B) service in the state thats now. technically they'll be a usual 5-6 (B) trains running lmao.

Just gotta think out the box somehow. It's just how my brain figures how crews can attend the r32 farewell run but they out here "dun a dunna bum quarantinas, big covidas-19s infectin me. am lazy or sum" to ride a (B) train lol.

bringing back <Q> service can be a possibility. but here comes the "Crew Shortage" reasoning.

Edited by Jacob

3 hours ago, Jacob said:

I was wondering that. It's probably crew's that are mostly on station watch or just yard workers who are just there to supervise the foamers/fanners if they somehow act up including on par with polices. Some crew's on either front, back and ends are just for horn shows or to take a view. It's probably how my way to explain it. And if they actually bring in (B) service in the state thats now. technically they'll be a usual 5-6 (B) trains running lmao.

Just gotta think out the box somehow. It's just how my brain figures how crews can attend the r32 farewell run but they out here "dun a dunna bum quarantinas, big covidas-19s infectin me. am lazy or sum" to ride a (B) train lol.

bringing back <Q> service can be a possibility. but here comes the "Crew Shortage" reasoning.

I can’t say for sure how the museum runs work, I do believe the people who do those trips though are volunteers and a lot of those guys have a lot of time in the system so it’s likely on their days off that they participate.

They aren’t lying or exaggerating about the crew shortage though. The RTO VP came to a location I was working at and told us we have about 1500 people out now due to the recent Covid uptick plus this is retirement season. It’s really bad now there’s been times when I had to do a trip on my scheduled lunch break because they’re so short. 

8 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I can’t say for sure how the museum runs work, I do believe the people who do those trips though are volunteers and a lot of those guys have a lot of time in the system so it’s likely on their days off that they participate.

They aren’t lying or exaggerating about the crew shortage though. The RTO VP came to a location I was working at and told us we have about 1500 people out now due to the recent Covid uptick plus this is retirement season. It’s really bad now there’s been times when I had to do a trip on my scheduled lunch break because they’re so short. 

I hope you guys at least have time to relieve yourselves before getting back on the rails.

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I’m very surprised the (C) hasn’t been suspended with how this COVID surge is going. The headways have been absolute crap though, and without the (B), service on CPW has been horrible.

I think they’re trying to keep the (C) going because otherwise the Lefferts Blvd (A) trains will be made fully local, making an already unreliable route even less reliable

Sad miserable sight to see, it's like people are this bored : An R46 and R68A at the City Hall lower level has been vandalized by teens. The R46 has its LCD all smashed while the R68A has its rollsign removed with the bullets on the floor. 

Edited by Calvin

44 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Sad miserable sight to see, it's like people are this bored : An R46 and R68A at the City Hall lower level has been vandalized by teens. The R46 has its LCD all smashed while the R68A has its rollsign removed with the bullets on the floor. 

I saw a picture of this as well. SMH Unreal!

The fact that these were teens allegedly, makes me continue losing hope and patience for what suppose to be the "future" of our society. This younger generation needs a better direction of utilizing their time and productivity. Learn trades, learn culinary. Be useful to help your family and yourself to a better way of life. Stop doing dumb stupid bulls*** like vandalizing & destroying city property.

NYCT is selling their NEU VakTrak 1. Not sure where else they could go? The bid is actually pretty low considering what MTA bought it for and the fact that it's a whole train probably costing millions of dollars. How would one really go about transporting this anyways? lol

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=93&acctid=17125

10 hours ago, jon2305 said:

I saw a picture of this as well. SMH Unreal!

The fact that these were teens allegedly, makes me continue losing hope and patience for what suppose to be the "future" of our society. This younger generation needs a better direction of utilizing their time and productivity. Learn trades, learn culinary. Be useful to help your family and yourself to a better way of life. Stop doing dumb stupid bulls*** like vandalizing & destroying city property.

I ain’t complaining… these people are volunteering to make themselves the floor mat under the socioeconomic ladder.

If I’m up early enough tomorrow, I’m going to check up on the <F> too. I rode it several times since they installed the new switches in the tunnel south of Church Avenue. But the MTA seems to not use them, opting for the old switches on the el instead.

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Astoria would never go for only having the (N) serving it during the week so the (W) stays...

Haha mofos Can’t wait 7-10 Minutes over there?? Spare me. I operate that line religiously, even before the pandemic… it’s useless. Just throw tech trains on the N and the Problem is solved. 

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

If I’m up early enough tomorrow, I’m going to check up on the <F> too. I rode it several times since they installed the new switches in the tunnel south of Church Avenue. But the MTA seems to not use them, opting for the old switches on the el instead.

The <F> is still suspended tomorrow.

3 hours ago, CenSin said:

I rode it southbound like a month or two ago, and somehow without any announcements it ended up on the central track at Ditmas, and then (after an announcement) ran express from 18 Av to Kings Highway. People needing local stops got pretty screwed as the next (F) was quite a while away.

Edited by P3F