SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I think count down clocks would help. Since there are none, it seems like your waiting forever for it to show up.

Also having conductors at Church be ready to close the doors when the bell rings...that would help. Some do, some aren't even in the cab yet when it rings.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the past tense in reference to the (V) train days, regardless, I still remain incredulous that making a station stop and fumigating 4 cars of a train where everyone is making a transfer would delay the locals a noticeable amount, these are the same locals which have to fumigate and clear out in the same manner and do so in less than two minutes on a regular basis. The main rub would be not interfering with the more frequent E service.

The fumigation isn't what would delay the trains. The (G) would have to enter queens plaza on the northbound local track, cross the very busy northbound local track to get to the relay track, then enter the station on the southbound express track - and cross over back to the southbound local - slowly - after leaving the station. Considering the E and the M already manage to delay each other, this absolutely would delay trains. 

Today after school, I went over to the (J) via the Norwood Avenue station on the BMT Jamaica Line. An R42 shows up on the Queens-bound side. I rode it to Jamaica Center and then RFW'ed it all the way to Broad Street. Then as I reverse to the opposite platform, that single R32 set shows up after coming from the relay. I RFW'ed to Jamaica Center. Then after that, I rode it to Alabama Avenue and took the B12 bus home. 

Guys I have a question.

Lets say im in Manhattan and I want to get to Myrtle Ave J/M on saturday and sunday. Is it possible? Cause now im seeing J shuttle buses on weekends and no M service on the weekend. Can someone help.

I don't see any service changes with the J and M:

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=11/30/2013&time=&method=getstatus4

Although if something like that does happen, I guess a ride on the L and the Q54, because you want to get to the actual station, right?

So I had RFW'ed that single R32 (J) in both directions today (I missed the R42). However, my Brooklyn-bound R32 got held at Essex right along with an (M) across the platform. Police investigation occurred at Hewers and/or Lorimer Streets. The (M) then pulled out of the station and was sent express after Marcy until Myrtle. Then finally my R32 (J) started to proceed along the Williamsburg Bridge but got held again at Marcy. After a long wait, the train finally started to proceed. As it was going express to Myrtle, another (J) was sitting at Hewes Street and it was an R160. Then I passed another (M) which was out of service. My Queens-bound R32 then got held again at Myrtle due to switch problems. Then after that, the rest of the way to Jamaica Center was normal though the train was late and had to be pulled out of its north terminal after a 1 minute.

Add 1917 to the list of Broadway singles still without circle/diamond LEDs.

Also, heard an R142A (6) today with one of the incredibly shrill horns you usually hear on the R32s rather than the usual noise--is that just a fault, or are they changing some?

Edited by MHV9218