SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

They probably wanted to avoid a situation of an entire train trying to fit onto the Shuttle. People won't change modes unless they have to, and the (S) certainly can't cope.

That would make sense then, but was the (S) even running during this as well? Then again they could have dumped the trains at Parkside Av as well then, no?

First time I thought of that...Makes sense!

Agreed.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no%20shit%20sherlock.gif

Thank you!

Although there is a technicality...

Oh that's fake I'm pretty sure it would of been in the news or something if it was real.

If you count some of the Gothamist's content as news I think this was showcased there. If beyond that you don't comprehend that as satire than I have no idea what else to say.

Perhaps this has been announced elsewhere, but I figured I'd share this here. According to this post on Subchat - http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=1259246

Arnine cars 100, 484, and 1575 left the New York Transit Museum yesterday in preparation for the Holiday Train rides that will be happening soon. In their place, R42 French Connection pair 4572-73 will be put on display.

Get the cameras ready!

Freind reports that the (R) train he got on today was evacuated at 46 street because there was a guy loading a handgun in the last car. Supposedly this was about 3pm.

Well thats why I tell people (I really should follow my own advice) look for the car markers and video monitors in the station, and ride in the T/O or C/R car as much as possible, given that crime is high during this time of year in the subway due to the stress of the holiday season.

While I do ride the (A) and (C) lines regularly, I have to ask: how many people at 168th Street change from the (1) over to the (A), assuming the latter of which will get them to Midtown Manhattan faster? I don't know much about this.

They are better off staying on the 1 since by the time you go up the stairs, then go on the elevator, walk down the passageway, and down the stairs and wait for the 1, they could have already been at 137 Street!

Wasn't on the news, so I suppose that incident could of been a bit exaggerated but then again who knows.

He's not the sort to exaggerate, although he didn't SEE the gun.

someone just leaned their head in the car and yelled that this was happening. The train cleared out and multiple cops swarmed the station shortly thereafter. Maybe it was just someone panicking. Who knows. 

Wasn't on the news, so I suppose that incident could of been a bit exaggerated but then again who knows.

Not every crazy thing that happens in the City makes the news...

There have been murders that didn't even make the news. I remember riding the Bx6 a few years ago and something crazy happened that had cop cars racing around the south BX like crazy... watched the news later that evening, no mention of it.

Not every crazy thing that happens in the City makes the news...

There have been murders that didn't even make the news. I remember riding the Bx6 a few years ago and something crazy happened that had cop cars racing around the south BX like crazy... watched the news later that evening, no mention of it.

Did I say everything as a whole? No. But most incidents of outrageous proportions like these are likely to appear on the news.

--

Anyways, while being held slightly at Broadway-Lafayette on the (B) with the front doors already shut; can the T/O ask the conductor to open up the doors?  Because certainly my T/O pressed a button then the doors opened and the few passengers that just made it to the platform got to get on the train. I figured once the front doors are closed, that's it, even if it's held for a bit.

--

On top of that had a nice rail fan window on the (B) I was on as well, noticed it after crossing the bridge.  That little rail-fan in me couldn't resist the view.